Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

jng2058 posted:

MMm, yessssss, throw me your salt, cheesehead. I revel in your "sarcasm". The light at the end of your tunnel is the oncoming train of QB mediocrity.

I just meant using "I am here for it" makes you sound like a dipshit

e: anyway in NFCN tangentially related news, has said TEN was 'The Ideal Situation for him' which, given his past, makes sense. And if the NFL and fans can forgive him, I'm sure Rodgers can bounce back from this...*coughs* hang on.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

https://twitter.com/peter_bukowski/status/1457708348598636558?s=21

For those who care. I love film and would happily watch one of these for anyone.

I'm seeing a pattern on a lot of these throws where he sees the opening but isn't ready to throw, so he bounces 1-2 more times before letting rip. The good thing is this is fixable with experience.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A more cowardly fanbase would've looked at this result and immediately started to soften on Rodgers out of fear that this is what life without him is going to be like. I respect the Packers fans of this thread for choosing to make excuses for Love instead.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
TJ Slaton and Barnes both played very well yesterday and if this roster can somehow see Z and Jaire get healthy, the team has a legitimately stacked defense with some depth.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Kevin King gave up only 22 yards receiving on 6 targets

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Big Beef City posted:

I just meant using "I am here for it" makes you sound like a dipshit

e: anyway in NFCN tangentially related news, has said TEN was 'The Ideal Situation for him' which, given his past, makes sense. And if the NFL and fans can forgive him, I'm sure Rodgers can bounce back from this...*coughs* hang on.

this ain't it, chief

big oof, bossman

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the long arc of the universe bends towards bears fans being miserable, the more smug and gleeful you post the better our next quarterback will be

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

makes you sound like a dipshit

turn on your monitor lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dubious posted:

turn on your monitor lol

I'm going through '30+ years of HOF QB play' DT's cut me some slack

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

That hit that Barnes made to get the stop on 3rd and goal was pretty great

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Guze posted:

That hit that Barnes made to get the stop on 3rd and goal was pretty great

Yeah he's developing into a nice run stopping linebacker

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Packers finally have a good linebacker?! :vince:

The Packers might have two?! :pusheen:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers finally have a good linebacker?! :vince:

The Packers might have two?! :pusheen:

The packers can only have a bunch of good LBs if the bears can have a hall of fame QB

Fair’s fair

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Just watched that Jefferson windmill block a few more times and I am pretty sure he is doing it deliberately to change his direction without having to slow down. He doesn’t start doing it until he needs to adjust left for the defenders movement. It is kind of blowing my mind now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1457795266602422275

Kareem owns

"Which he has"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Jen X posted:

The packers can only have a bunch of good LBs if the bears can have a hall of fame QB

Fair’s fair

Brett Favre is waiting for your call. He’ll probably even play for cheap!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That Kareem article is really well written, read it: https://kareem.substack.com/p/aaron-rodgers-didnt-just-lie

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Kareem has written a bunch on COVID and antivaxxers

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/10/kareem-abdul-jabbar-nba-basketball-covid-vaccine-kyrie-irving

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm likely going to the Bears vs Cardinals game next month. Thoughts on the best seats and food at Soldier Field? Is the United Club worth it?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SKULL.GIF posted:

That Kareem article is really well written, read it: https://kareem.substack.com/p/aaron-rodgers-didnt-just-lie

I’ve enjoyed his writing in the past and this is one of his better articles IMO. Well worth the time. Thank you for posting the link.

Hopefully Rodgers turns off the Joe Rogan Experience long enough to read it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

camoseven posted:

I'm likely going to the Bears vs Cardinals game next month. Thoughts on the best seats and food at Soldier Field? Is the United Club worth it?

imo the United Club is worth it if only for the fact that, during halftime, you get to go to an indoor (and heated) concourse and can actually sit down somewhere as opposed to standing around an open concrete hallway (this is especially good in December). There is a decent amount of non-stadium type food, but I wouldn't say any of it is crazy good. The selection of liquor and craft beer is a lot better though. There's a pulled pork stand up on the 300 level that I've had and liked a lot. Just walking around you wouldn't necessarily know that the 10 random nondescript stands up in the 300 level all offer different stuff so you kinda have to wander around the 200 and 300 levels and see what's available.

Also, if you're in the United Club and want to spend $50 on a pregame buffet, they have a buffet. You need to reserve ahead of time by like Monday or Tuesday of that week before the spots fill up. The details are out on their website somewhere. The buffet is loving sick though, even if you're gonna struggle to eat your money's worth and then have to watch Chicago Bears football for 3 hours. When a quesadilla and drink costs almost $20 the buffet starts to sound like a decent value, though.

My family has split a pair of PSL's in the United Club for 3 years so I've been going to a couple games a year for a while. I got to see the double doink in person! It sucked!

e- as far as where to sit, the only thing I would think about is the fact that for a noon game, the southeast corner doesn't always get sun, if the sun is out, which is also relevant for December football. Also the 200 and 300 levels overhang the back couple rows of the levels below them, if you're trying to get in the sunlight and keep warm

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 8, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

camoseven posted:

Only thing I can add is that if you sit in the 400 section, try not to go for the upper rows. It's a long steep climb up those stairs. I've sat like 5 rows from the top and it sucks. You definitely only try to go to the bathroom once or twice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First starts...

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Stop making excuses!!!!!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Yes I'm sure that like Josh Allen and all those listed QBs Love will be the exception not the rule.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

First starts...

:shrug: We’ll see I guess.

I mean, one thing that immediately comes to mind is - what is the quality of each opponent? Because the 2021 Chiefs are a bad team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t tell who really is judging a QB for one start and those just trolling Packers fans

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1457740101086240772?s=21

:lol:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Clearly state farm is poo poo at risk management.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is kind of a misleading headline, they cut basically every ad featuring him and released a statement saying they support everybody's right to an opinion but also say that everybody should get vaccinated. Probably for legal/contractual reasons at this point

quote:

Over the prior two Sundays, State Farm ads run on national networks featuring Rodgers made up around 25% of all ads the company ran, according to data collected by Apex Marketing, which monitors and tracks national media and branding.

This Sunday, there were six State Farm ads that featured Rodgers, as monitored by Apex through 8 p.m. ET, out of a total 394, making up just 1.5% of all ads State Farm ran.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

First starts...

You know what, you've made a compelling argument, I hope Love has the exact same career arc as Stafford.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
State Farm is well known by being run by absolute pieces of poo poo, but whatevs

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GNU Order posted:

This is kind of a misleading headline, they cut basically every ad featuring him and released a statement saying they support everybody's right to an opinion but also say that everybody should get vaccinated. Probably for legal/contractual reasons at this point

Probably because they don't want to payout a bunch of life insurance claims. :lol:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

GNU Order posted:

Snip stadium details

Thank you for this!! My wife and I don't get to go to many live sports so we usually spring for the club tickets, and you've made this one seem worth it for the halftime heat alone

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I caught up on the best 1300 posts in this sub forum and then this last page or two has a bunch of really whiny babies

May I offer anyone some Honolulu blue koolaid in this trying time?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I caught up on the best 1300 posts in this sub forum and then this last page or two has a bunch of really whiny babies

May I offer anyone some Honolulu blue koolaid in this trying time?

I give my hope to other teams. I keep none for myself.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I fuckin' cackled at this goofy poo poo, thank you for sharing it.

Also, good news: LaFleur said that Clark and Stokes are both maybes for this week, and most importantly, their injuries aren't long-term concerns.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
For whatever reason I have convinced myself the Bears are going to win tonight.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

HootTheOwl posted:

lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

HootTheOwl posted:

I do this every week no matter the opponent and have my whole life, and can't stop