Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lol bears got jobbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bears came through for me on reverse eliminator.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

surf rock posted:

I'm kind of sad that it wasn't actually a doink; it REALLY looked like one from the original angle

Yeah it sure looked like one from that first camera angle.

Bears fans gotta be feeling encouraged by Fields. He had some really good moments in the 4th.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
290 yards for fields on 29 attempts, hot drat

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Fields looked good, Bears would have won that game if the refs didn't blatantly have money on the steelers.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah I've been hesitant to say "Fields is good; the coaching is just failing him" because he's had a fair amount of questionable moments of his own, but I felt great about him in the second half. The only stuff that matters this year is developing Fields and ideally getting Nagy and Pace both fired, so this game was good on both fronts

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The camera guys are in love with Marsh. 1 sack called back because he brushed a ref and he gets all the face time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fields had like at bare minimum a dozen passes that looked really loving good. He's clearly the future, don't ruin him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ZombieCrew posted:

because the ref brushed him

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1457923360545988613

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The ref literally backed up into Marsh, that's honestly one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

The ref literally backed up into Marsh, that's honestly one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

You can see the clip above but he literally has his hand on the flag, he sticks out his elbow, his butt, "gets bumped", then throws the flag for......... taunting

It's not just a terrible call, it's deliberately and maliciously planned

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nagy killed Santos’ streak for that?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The worst officiated game I've seen since the replacement refs, and fields looked fantastic

v encouraging, please get an offensive line next bears gm

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Eventually there's going to be a hack, and it's going to proved that a lot of these refs are making bets on Draft King/Fan Duel or whatever.

poo poo, their accounts will probably have their @nfl.com email addresses.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If Love looks as good as Fields did tonight half way through his first real season I would be obnoxiously happy.

Enjoy it Bears fans. He had some impressive moments tonight and seems to be getting steadily better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

You can see the clip above but he literally has his hand on the flag, he sticks out his elbow, his butt, "gets bumped", then throws the flag for......... taunting

Jesus loving christ, you're right. I know this will never happen, but that guy needs to be investigated immediately.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think I'd be more mad if the bears weren't already doomed this season between the secondary and the oline

instead I'm just disappointed that the ref & rapist power duo pulled it out

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Wow. Just wtf? I appreciate the correction

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I absolutely agree with this; that ref crew was corrupt as gently caress .

I also agree with the folks praising Fields. If he doesn't get a career-ending injury behind that terrible line, he's going to be good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh Nagy might've had money on the game too, I don't know how you can send Santos out in that situation, 10 yards longer than his career long, in Pittsburgh, when Fields has already proven he can hit the deep ball against this defense?

Like, what the gently caress, dude.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1457914311205134342

:allears:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
matt nagy is a bad coach

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hughesta posted:

matt nagy is a bad coach

I can't even be mad at Nagy

The Refs were that loving bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dexo posted:

I can't even be mad at Nagy

The Refs were that loving bad.

Look at this absolute idiot poster.

Thinking he couldn't find a way to be super mad at Matt Nagy after that robbery.

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1457939593211285505

Thank you Matt.

I almost let you off the hook for this bullshit.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Nagy is trash but it was funny seeing the coaching staff come to the realization that you can just put Fields in shotgun, let him see the field and pass rush, chip their top pass rusher, and let him use his massive arm to move the ball. I'm sure we'll be back to Fields under center on highly scripted plays that don't work in a couple weeks. But it was fun for a half to watch Fields cook.

Also pretty sure that game was fixed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Distribute blame, claim credit

The Matt Nagy tale

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Thinking he couldn't find a way to be super mad at Matt Nagy after that robbery.

Thank you Matt.

Imagine tossing your team under the bus like that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Dexo posted:

Thank you Matt.

“Y’know guys, sometimes I worry you care just a little too much about this silly game. Maybe take it down a notch?”

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

Thank you Matt.

I'm sure I was the last holdout among Bears fans, but this is the first thing to actually get me to hate Nagy. gently caress off nerd

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Dexo posted:

Thank you Matt.

Guys remember when Mike Holmgren basically said the refs stole the game after the '06 superbowl and took whatever repercussions came with it, now we have this bitch apologizing to them on behalf of his team that just got robbed.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

gently caress Matt Nagy

E:

https://twitter.com/wiltfongjr/status/1457942237489344512

Jen X fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 9, 2021

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1457898398502301703?t=c1TVAngNWe6aiAf1FkzCSg&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are morons and did a lot of dumbass poo poo to deserve penalties, but holy poo poo did the refs job them in this game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm mad at the bears

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm sorry for taunting the Steelers last night.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Positives - Fields looked really good in the 2nd half, and the offense showed real signs of life. Defense was good for most of the game until that final drive. They had to deal with a lot of short fields, and the scoop and score was the only reason the Bears were even still in it.

Negatives - Nagy should’ve known Santos didn’t have the leg. Offense barely did anything in the first half. Lots of mental mistakes and legit penalties on D.

But the refs were super awful last night. Announcers even mentioned how lopsided things were and openly questioned a few calls. Just god awful. Still one of the most exciting Bears games I’ve watched in a long time.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Dexo posted:

Thank you Matt.

Man I just saw this and after a game where you get hosed by reffing and your players are upset how can you come out and not even not stick up for them but blame them. Like holy poo poo is that spineless.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

ghosthorse posted:

Man I just saw this and after a game where you get hosed by reffing and your players are upset how can you come out and not even not stick up for them but blame them. Like holy poo poo is that spineless.

Actually it's the opposite of spineless. To backstab those loyal to you and whose performance determines your career, that takes guts.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm sorry for taunting the Steelers last night.

I accept your apology as I am currently taunting the Bears this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, Nagy would have won that game handily if not for a couple key penalties.

I think the Bears should extend him!