Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Salami Dave's Plan To Defeat Jagganoth in Rayuba
1. Defeat Jagganoth in Rayuba
3. MAGNIFICENT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I think it was a one size fits all plan that was set down during the first concordance where they also decided to split up the multiverse. I don't think it was a jagg specific plan that everyone worked real hard on after soccer practice

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Jaggs doesn't have his nails anymore, right? He lost them when he was bound by Aspected Chaos. So in theory he isn't as invulnerable as he was before.

vvvvv
I went and checked, and they're visible here during the binding and gone here after the dust settles.

Don't Ask fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 8, 2021

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't Ask posted:

Jaggs doesn't have his nails anymore, right? He lost them when he was bound by Aspected Chaos. So in theory he isn't as invulnerable as he was before.

I don't think Jag lost them when he was briefly bound. But since Dave just did a 77 Point Strike, he may have attempted to destroy them immediately before the CHAOS DUNK

e: when this comic finally ends I really hope somebody puts together a full compilation of the Slam 6 Billion Jams edits.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 8, 2021

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Constantly reminding myself Dave is not the protagonist.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Post your most K6BD lyrics ITT

Reality's a razor,
I lick the sharp part 'cause I like the flavor

Machetes shedding blood
Seven headed devils, son, better run
I sever every tongue and ride into the setting Sun,
'Cause I'm blessed with this heavy tome, better none, said it once
Telling heavens now, when it's said and done, dead is done

https://youtu.be/lBLQTnfxHZI

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Don't Ask posted:

vvvvv
I went and checked, and they're visible here during the binding and gone here after the dust settles.

I don't see them anymore, but I'm pretty sure we're past the realm of them being physical metal nails you just pull out, they're a part of him and he's a shapeshifting universal constant. The demiurges would almost certainly have spent a lot less time freaking out if the source of his invulnerability was itself extremely vulnerable

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 9, 2021

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I thought they worked like the iron studs in Kung Pow Enter the Fist

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
While I imagine dealing with the nails is more complicated than "just flip the hammer around and pull them out lol", they're also one of the big reasons I suspect Jagganoth's plan to confront Metatron never has and never will go as well as he hopes. Can't destroy the master's house with the master's tools, can't kill the Primest Angel when he can just chuckle and push your self destruct button.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

wrt Jaggs and Metatron:

Algid posted:

Survived ludicrous amounts of violence that killed every one of his peers.

Is stuffed full of angel feathers.

Knew/is-assembling the 7 part name of god.

Maybe the closed time loop is someone being sent back in time to become Metatron each time?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
As I mentioned before, they even both have the same injured eye. Personally, I like this idea because it's an elegant way to ensure that our main villain in the very last book is someone who's already had plenty of hype and character exploration. We don't really know Metatron as anything other than a broken statue with a creepy smile, but we sure as hell know Jagganoth.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I don't think this will be the end of Jaggs. His whole thing is being a problem you can't solve with violence, and Dave using Kaioken X1000 and punching him through dimensions, while super cool, is just that.

I do believe he will be sore in the morning though.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1458458563685363722?s=20

What the gently caress is about to happen

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'm trying to make myself consider how much of an ask this would be from anyone else but drat it all, there is just too much goodwill.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's just going to be a link to a full 90 minute hand-animated film.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1458459133208940548?s=20
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1458459772609511428?s=20

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Hell yeah more K6BD, didn't feel like it was headed to a resolution anytime soon

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

There Bias Two posted:

>[S] Chaos Dunk

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pretty sure he said earlier the final book’s title is “Wheel-Turning King”

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
wonderful news

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

How does he keep powering up, he is going to explode.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

OPAONI posted:

How does he keep powering up, he is going to explode.

It's over nine thousand...pages!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

There Bias Two posted:

Ah, going the homestuck route, then.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GlyphGryph posted:

Ah, going the homestuck route, then.

Sadly, with Multimedia Flash being defunct it is now impossible to watch the conclusion of KSBD.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bunch of teenagers kicked out of a McDonalds for painting themselves red and starting a fighting tournament

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Oxxidation posted:

pretty sure he said earlier the final book’s title is “Wheel-Turning King”

Wheel Smashing King

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Wheelie Popping King

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Victis posted:

Hell yeah more K6BD, didn't feel like it was headed to a resolution anytime soon

Same I wasn't really seeing how you can quickly get there from here without just dropping a shitload of plot threads. Glad to hear that wasn't the plan!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
:sickos:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The consequences of a true Chaos Dunk will take more than a couple of pages to portray.

But it makes sense that it's going to end up being another book. This fight has been so dense that the remaining plot would feel really rushed if everything in this chapter had to fit in one print book.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

I can't say I'm thrilled at the idea of there being no more updates until next year.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i can say im thrilled at the idea of no more updates until next year

every time the update gets delayed we end up with stuff like the siege of yre or the entire current fight

i want Abaddon to charge up

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
it's gonna be five black pages then Jagganoth doing the "I lived bitch" meme

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thundarr posted:

But it makes sense that it's going to end up being another book. This fight has been so dense that the remaining plot would feel really rushed if everything in this chapter had to fit in one print book.

Yeah I'm really glad for this. With the pace it's going I didn't see how this could be the final book. Allison's crew have just been sidelined for quite a while, we need to spend time seeing the aftermath of this battle and how they deal with it. And we haven't even seen Maya in action yet!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I can't say I'm thrilled at the idea of there being no more updates until next year.

It's only a month and a half, and there's a lot of holiday time in there. Not a huge deal.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

It's only a month and a half, and there's a lot of holiday time in there. Not a huge deal.

The holiday point is fair. But we were all perfectly happy with the pacing when it was two single-page updates per week. I'd be very surprised if the 12 pages mooted for the next update couldn't be split up a bit more.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Eh, it's the end of the year. An artist taking a month off (sorta-kinda, I know he'll still be working on the comic) for Christmas is no big deal.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

wiegieman posted:

Wheel Smashing King

That's Jagganoth - a corruption of the 'Wheel-Turning King' of Buddhist mytho-history, the ruler who helps history and enlightenment to progress.

Allison's going to turn the wheel forward, Jaggs wants to break it forever, Zoss has been stuck spinning it back like that one Homestuck I hear so much about.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kill Six Billion Demons Book Six: Solomon David Wins Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joe Slowboat posted:

That's Jagganoth - a corruption of the 'Wheel-Turning King' of Buddhist mytho-history, the ruler who helps history and enlightenment to progress.

Allison's going to turn the wheel forward, Jaggs wants to break it forever, Zoss has been stuck spinning it back like that one Homestuck I hear so much about.

Jagganoth is explicitly the (or a?) wheel turning king in the comic, just... maybe not in the Buddhist sense. Meanwhile, Zoss has told Allison that the master of the wheel cannot breaks it and he basically needs her to not just turn into another King of Swords like him.

Jagganoth thinks Jagganoth wants to break the wheel and end the cycle of violence / whatever the hell Metatron is up to, but sure seems like he's not doing a good job of it.