Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SirVogelius/status/1458041687473893380

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
That's a pretty looking map, I wonder if there's much marketing post-processing on that image or whether they've got that kind of stuff in engine.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fellblade posted:

That's a pretty looking map, I wonder if there's much marketing post-processing on that image or whether they've got that kind of stuff in engine.

It's a straight up screenshot from the game, no photoshopping.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Does the game have motion blur? Bits of the island look rather blurry like the camera was moving around quickly

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
It's probably not a motion blur but depth of field effect, kinda like the one you get on macro photograph.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Victoria 3 will feature chromatic aberration for early buyers

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

There should be two volcanos depicted on the big island
:goonsay:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
If the city/fields density shown on map change as the population/urbanization/factories change, i think i have found what i will be doing full time for the next few years.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

RattiRatto posted:

If the city/fields density shown on map change as the population/urbanization/factories change, i think i have found what i will be doing full time for the next few years.

England slowly turns into a cloud of smog

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

guidoanselmi posted:

There should be two volcanos depicted on the big island
:goonsay:

ability to feel, removed, etc.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There's a little bit of farmland there on the island, I wonder if the game will change the terrain based on the level of industries in a province or if its all pre-set stuff. There's almost certainly a layer for railroads.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Megapolis Hawaii sounds like it would be a wild time for a loving around playthrough

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Agean90 posted:

Megapolis Hawaii sounds like it would be a wild time for a loving around playthrough

followed by a resurgent ottomans game for a finding out playthrough

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The family name of the monarchs of Korea should be "Yi," not "Joseon." :colbert:

It's like the Paradox devs have never watched a single sageuk, smh

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

amusingly enough a lot of those ideas of medieval (and other) brutality are enlightenment myths that also persisted in some forms into the victorian era (and now...)

Yeah pretty much every "medieval torture museum" you can visit will have a lot of plaques like "there is no historical evidence that this was ever used". The iron maiden is a classic example of a thing that was basically just made up by someone as "wow wouldn't it be totally hosed up if someone did this to someone" and then through a game of telephone people started to believe that it was a thing people actually did to other people.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yeah most torture was just the rack.

Boring but effective

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

oh no the kid's a born republican

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah most torture was just the rack.

Boring but effective

I was actually thinking that something like a rack could help alleviate pain for people with spinal compression problems

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

I was actually thinking that something like a rack could help alleviate pain for people with spinal compression problems

couple turns for an hour is a great way to cap off a week.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Agean90 posted:

May I introduce you to EU4 leviathan, release patch?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

*hair to the throne

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

VostokProgram posted:

Personally I prefer being broken on the wheel to treat my back problems

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

LonsomeSon posted:

the week is just an overcomplicated version of the rack

unrelated, more discord screencaps of neondt commentary

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I couldn't find anything about it in the OP, but I heard that combat in Vicky 3 will be completely hands-off? Is that a thing?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

THE BAR posted:

I couldn't find anything about it in the OP, but I heard that combat in Vicky 3 will be completely hands-off? Is that a thing?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-22-the-concept-of-war.1496459/

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Thanks, that is supremely interesting.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I secretly hope since Imperator Rome that general personality would affect their army behaviour. Like that dude might not be a great general but he's fine with attacking the enemy with human waves so that we finish the war by Christmas. And this front needs just to be maintained till we win on the others so here we put a cautious quartermaster.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

the week is just an overcomplicated version of the rack

unrelated, more discord screencaps of neondt commentary

quote:

Every possible dynamic name for the USA still abbreviates to "USA"

This is the incredible attention to detail we can all appreciate.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LonsomeSon posted:

Being drawn (but not quartered) for me

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Demiurge4 posted:

This is the incredible attention to detail we can all appreciate.

Theories for a Communist USA?

United Syndicates of America?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Theories for a Communist USA?

United Syndicates of America?

united soviets of america most likely

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

The dd is late, grrr.

Also, the forums seem sluggish. Do you have any stats on how many people are doing :f5: ?

because I might be one of them...

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Tuna-Fish posted:

The dd is late, grrr.

Also, the forums seem sluggish. Do you have any stats on how many people are doing :f5: ?

because I might be one of them...

But dev diaries release on thursdays? We shouldn't get another one until tomorrow?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1458449381313499144?s=20

yeah it's tomorrow

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Generals being tied to focus groups will make for interesting scenarios.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I hope the best generals are old defensive minded cowards, who will sit in their trenches and never order a charge.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

McClellan???

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ilitarist posted:

I secretly hope since Imperator Rome that general personality would affect their army behaviour. Like that dude might not be a great general but he's fine with attacking the enemy with human waves so that we finish the war by Christmas. And this front needs just to be maintained till we win on the others so here we put a cautious quartermaster.

This would absolutely own, and the apparent focus on generals in this dev diary is giving me hope this will be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Takanago posted:

But dev diaries release on thursdays? We shouldn't get another one until tomorrow?

Well, gently caress.

I think this is a good methaphor of how hype I am about the new warfare. To be frank, I think that warfare is the weakest point of all of the existing PDX titles, which is particularly sad because of how much there is of it. I'm hoping they build a new, better model that can then form the basis for EU5, HoI5, and beyond.