Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i played pokemon red and as far as im concerned it's been all downhill from there. my life i mean. the pokemon games are probably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Only two pokemon games I ever beat were red and the remake of red on the gba

I should get let's go

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The only good pokemon game is Pokemon Go

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Let's Go is pretty good.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if nintendo games went on sale i'd get pokémon snap. but i don't think i'd get sixty bucks of fun out of it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Pokemon

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fun fact, Pokemon Sun and Moon have more dialogue than than every Animal Crossing and Ace Attorney game combined.

Coincidentally they have the best story too...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

(to the tune of one winged angel)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
All of the pokémon games introduced new, good pokémon. Some introduced more than others, but only one gave us a swole mosquito and anime cockroach, which means all the other games are inherently not the best.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Gen 2 introduced Furret but Gen 6 introduced Goomy so in the end it's impossible to say whether 2 or 6 is the best. But we can be sure it's one of those two.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also strong contenders, but I don’t think I’m ready to forgive gen 6 for what it does to Goomy and Sliggoo.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
ok now this is fuckin gEPIC and also if i msay say so ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Stux posted:

ok now this is fuckin gEPIC and also if i msay say so ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D

lol

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

that comic series is good but also lol at it coming from the same person who always posts links to stuff...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Some people say that Super Mario Strikers Charged is better than the original but I just played it and it has all this loving stupid bullshit that they added that I hate.

Anyway I'm carving out a stance now that I want the original released with online play so that when they eventually publish something else I can be mad about it.

Also: waluigi's sassy strut when he celebrates is my jam

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Best Buy's selling eShop cards for 10% off.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/microsoft-xbox-and-nintendo-eshop-gift-card-savings?qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Nintendo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My N64 controller arrived today, and my favourite touch that nobody else seems to notice/care about is they actually distributed the weight in this thing towards the back like it's got a rumble pak attached. It's still lighter, but the balance is tipped just enough to have that familiar feel to it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has anybody played the Fatal Frame port? Is it worth it for a Fatal Frame noob?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

SWSH has about thr same ratio of unskippable cutscene to gameplay as FFX, if that helps you decide if you're gonna like it or not

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

No idea what the Switch port is like but the game itself is both good and the worst in the series. No knowledge of the older games is necessary.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Speaking of Pokemon, took a couple hours over the weekend playing with the DS version of the map from Diamond + Pearl, I thought I was too cool for Pokemon in the 90s so it was the first one I played in college. I am more interested in the remakes of these than the last couple, although i haven't looked at how modernized (or not) it is.

https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1458052204514906112?s=20

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sumo are the best by far but swsh and bw are pretty good too. never played xy and never really got the impression i was missing much, but generally pokemon just improves over time

also if you're ever in the mood for a 150 episode children's anime i highly recommend the sumo seasons

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Kind of interesting we can all play the same games with presumably similar histories and just completely bounce off totally different stages of the franchise.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

i have not played the port but i did play the wii u original last month. i enjoyed it overall but could tell why people call it the worst one. very good spooky vibes and set pieces, and the history of the cursed mountain is really cool, but most of the actual characters may as well not exist for how engaged they are in the story. the motion controls for the camera worked really well but general movement is clunky

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Animal Crossing is the coziest game.

I think when I'm 100% finished with it, I'll try out Coffee Talk. I love how you can make your own cream design on the top of anyone's coffee.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Personally, the best games in the series are B2/W2, X/Y, HG/SS, and Sh/Sw with DLC. (not in order)

People will probably wildly disagree with X/Y or Sh/Sw being on the list having played the whole series those are the ones I liked the most. I love R/B for nostalgia purposes but couldn't put them there.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I think Go! and FireRed/LeafGreen both do good jobs smoothing over a lot Red/Blues problems.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Go! was fun but I was not a fan of the way you catch Pokemon in it. I wish they had done a reverse G/S and let you explore Johto after doing Kanto.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Also strong contenders, but I don’t think I’m ready to forgive gen 6 for what it does to Goomy and Sliggoo.

Sliggoo is lit

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2021

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Hey Picross nerds: I solved the other 149 puzzles in Picross S without guessing, but this one has me stumped. I've gone over it dozens of times and I just can't see the next move. What am I missing?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 22, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lastdancer posted:

Just an update on the N64 expansion, I got my controller last Friday and have since been having a blast. Almost got all 120 stars in SM64 and then I'm heading off to Starfox 64 to get all the medals in normal and expert mode again. It's 1997, I'm 13 again, my favorite movie is Independence Day and I'm about to discover the Katina level!

Then when I get to the Macbeth level I will also play C'mon N' Ride It (The Train) on repeat while playing it just like I did then
I didn't think I'd get to use this: You're very lucky.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It's a great first game if you've never played one. It's not as scary as the first 3 or the one that was in a hospital, but it plays really well. If you end up liking it and want to go back and play the older ones the tank controls + lack of a lock-on on ghosts makes it much harder to play. Like going back to the original Resident Evil games after playing the remakes.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Some people say that Super Mario Strikers Charged is better than the original but I just played it and it has all this loving stupid bullshit that they added that I hate.

Anyway I'm carving out a stance now that I want the original released with online play so that when they eventually publish something else I can be mad about it.

Also: waluigi's sassy strut when he celebrates is my jam

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on that one. I like a lot of the personality and presentation that Charged added, but the game got too quick for me and was based around the lob mechanic that didn't feel fun. Regardless, I really hope we see something new from Next Level Games since it's been a few years since Luigi's Mansion 3.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Pungry posted:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on that one. I like a lot of the personality and presentation that Charged added, but the game got too quick for me and was based around the lob mechanic that didn't feel fun. Regardless, I really hope we see something new from Next Level Games since it's been a few years since Luigi's Mansion 3.

I liked both Mario Strikers games and can’t believe they stopped making them. Some of the secondary characters in Charged were a little unfair. I think Toad could simply flip over the goalie if you timed it right.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFU2HL-PQNo&t=7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Harriet Carker posted:

Hey Picross nerds: I solved the other 149 puzzles in Picross S without guessing, but this one has me stumped. I've gone over it dozens of times and I just can't see the next move. What am I missing?

In the 1 2 1 2 1 row you can x the first blank space