Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I switch my review from "excellent" to "absolute irredemable garbage":

1) The car history (distance and time driven) STILL does not work. This has been the case since loving FH2. Do these numbers matter? No, but I want them.
2) I still can't just filter out everything I already have 3 stars in. Like, that would be the most useful filter imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
There's an accolade available available filter that does that isn't there?

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
Just asked to join GRCC under this username

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
Amazon Treasure Truck in the UK sent me a link this morning to buy the disc version of the standard version of FH5 for £54.99 with a £15 Amazon voucher included.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ttgo

Not sure if you already need to be registered with Treasure Truck to see the offer.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

spamman posted:

There's an accolade available available filter that does that isn't there?

That doesn't really work because of the overall accolade goal being counted for every single event of a type. Until I have 3 stars in all speed traps there are accolades available for every single speed trap.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

The first kind of paintjob I look up (unless it's a Ford Falcon and then it's Main Force Patrol) is "ahegao" specifically for this reason. The curse must be spread.

I'll be applying to the club as Hexenritter#3906 (stupid loving xbox renaming) when this unlocks for me later.

Speaking of, the one livery I ever spent any real amount of time making myself was this one back in FH3

Lol I just downloaded this a few days ago! Nice job mate!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wait you can have FAPFAP but not GOATSE on your license plate? bullshit :colbert:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
FH4 didn't allow me to use Your Mom. Your Mum did work though.

Now I'm just Mitchell. Sadly you can't do a Joe Don Baker in the character creation.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

FishMcCool posted:

This. I love the idea of going all ham on prosthetics, that's pretty cool. But ffs, no beards?!

For a game that's very comitted to diversity and inclusiveness, the lack of beards is absolutely shameful. I cannot in any way identify with my character if she doesn't have a massive beard.

Edit: And drives a Fiat :mad:

Sebastian Flyte fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 9, 2021

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Edit: And drives a Fiat :mad:

Really hoping the missing manufacturers are just a temporary issue with license agreements due to the new corporation that they fall under (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellantis). Alfa and Lancia missing sucks.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I had to turn the environmental textures and complexity down to high otherwise I was getting stutters that dropped the FPS to 57-55. Very annyoing since from what I have seen a 3080 should be having no issues with the extreme preset.

Might be my old CPU (i5-8600k) but then again the game barely uses any CPU...

Very strange. Can't say I noticed any difference between extreme and high with those two settings but still...

What are your other settings? Maybe it really is the CPU, but I haven't had to drop those on my 3070. I have had the stutters once or twice in a couple showcase events but in the open world it's totally smooth. You don't have shadows on extreme do you? The difference was imperceptible to me with them cranked up but it was very taxing on framerate.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My first horn (thank you Willy's) was the Doom E1M1 Low :getin:

and the car I got was the 1985 Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid legendary.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
requested to join the cool nerds club under the same username.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

where you all finding the Tyota T100 baja.. I'm probably missing it as it's hoonigan or someshit isn't it

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

tater_salad posted:

where you all finding the Tyota T100 baja.. I'm probably missing it as it's hoonigan or someshit isn't it

It's a barn find in the southwest, was one of the later unlocks for me

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So it turns out attempting to change rim sizes crashes my game. What a baffling bug. I've had one other crash besides this in several hours of play, so it's clear the problem is... rim sizes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

goferchan posted:

What are your other settings? Maybe it really is the CPU, but I haven't had to drop those on my 3070. I have had the stutters once or twice in a couple showcase events but in the open world it's totally smooth. You don't have shadows on extreme do you? The difference was imperceptible to me with them cranked up but it was very taxing on framerate.

Everything else is what extreme preset sets it at, including shadows I believe. I will check and try to lower them when I get home, thanks for the tip.

There's definitely something weird going on because when I leave the two settings I mentioned on extreme, I get stutters and sub-60 drops in the benchmark yet the GPU never spikes above 90% usage.When I disable vsync the GPU usage stays at 98% throughout yet the stutters and drops still happen (but since it's not locked at 60 now they never cause the FPS to go below that as it generally can manage well over 70). Too bad the screen tearing is unbearable with vsync off.

So yeah I am thinking my CPU might be the problem somehow however it's not a huge deal as even with those two settings at high the game still looks gorgeous.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Xbox stays winning.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'm never gonna roll this AMG One. What do I want it for, anyway?
Did get a Jesko tho. Hello top 1% in speed traps and danger signs. I'm sure I'll never see you again.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Cars I need in this game:

Gen 1 Eclipse/Talon/Laser
Plymouth Prowler
PT Cruiser
Dodge Neon SRT-4
Chrysler 200S and 300C
Ford Taurus (all generations)
Big-rear end station wagons
Saturn Redline
Ford Probe

Option to "downgrade" cars to weaker engines and FWD

Why yes, I am a very cool guy, thank you for noticing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eclipse12 posted:

Plymouth Prowler

My dad worked at a Chrysler dealership when I was a kid and there's a real dumb picture of me as a kid in the driver's seat of one of these in their showroom. I think I had a die-cast model of it too for some reason. All I remember about the car is how much my dad talked about how they couldn't sell any of them lol.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I'd just like the current crop of consumer-grade EVs, with extra points for my current baby the Hyundai Ioniq. To me, it's mostly about having fun in the virtual world with stuff I'm familiar with but could never experiment with due to reality having this whole injuries and death thing.

While super sports cars do sell a fantasy, I'm having the most fun in C/D class with pimped versions of more common cars since they're the only kind I ever owned/drove. Street racing in the 1993 Clio Williams brings me back to my (stupid) student days, although my Clio back then was from 1991, not exactly the Williams model, and our "races" were a lot more modest and a lot less dangerous. But those street races in pimped versions of those cars are exactly how it felt in my mind back then.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Requested to join GRCC under name LCDoh

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The intro to Forza 5 is loving amazing I haven’t been this pumped for a car game since the original hot pursuit this game loving rules

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

No demo available tho, so you can't replay the intro over and over like in 3 and 4 :smith:

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016
I dunno why I thought I needed to reach max season progress points (38 points) to get the second car reward when the UI clearly tells me I only need 26 points so that was a nice surprise. I had originally written it off since I'll never do the online/multiplayer challenges.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011
So I just rolled the Lambo Sesto Elemento FE and that car is as insane as its made out to be. Also helps that it racks up the skill points so fast.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
I haven't played a Forza game since FH5 but there used to be weekly races going on. Is that a thing still? Anyway here's some rivals times to beat if anyone wants a challenge.

Basically I'm callin' yall out, Whatcub3d, CaptainHowdy, SCORPIDACTYL, gutbomb303 etc

Here's some neat Rivals tracks and challenges thee thread can enjoy. Beating my times will most likely get you into the top 3% or better of posted times currently. This also gets you the Accolades for being top 5% which each reward you a car. I think for some of the cars its the only way to acquire them, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I drive TCS, STM, ABS, etc off. Manual w/ Clutch on controller. I chose the rwd component on the road courses because it adds a lot of tuning challenge. If you beat my time with an awd I will still def try to beat you back. =D Unless its with the Setso FE for S2. That car is OP. It will give you bad habits.

I think these 2 courses are interesting because they limit track cutting pretty well and are fun to drive.

D- ROAD, rwd, old car (bola ocho circuit)
C- ROAD, rwd modern sports car (bola ocho circuit)
B- DIRT, 4x4, truck/suv (Horizon Baja scramble)
A- DIRT, unlimited pick what you want (Horizon Baja scramble)
A- ROAD, Super saloon (bola ocho circuit) - I used the AWD Mercedes and it plowed and understeered so if you want an extra challenge use that pig with no brakes god it was awful: this one is easy to beat
S1- ROAD, rwd ,FR Stock Car "GUM OUT" (bolo ocho circuit) - If you dont have this car use something similiar I guess. The Firebird TA FE would be cool to set a hot lap with but I don't have one.
S2- ROAD, rwd, think super/hypercar like F50 etc (bolo ocho circuit)

Gamertag: Endbuster
Steam Friend Code: 36124238

Actually here's a link for hard to find cars and such: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WYSx13hiwWB3JPsxixkT-3KlmaTGmQjgaY6cTLrucMM/edit#gid=2019907585

Endbuster fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 9, 2021

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

I'd just like the current crop of consumer-grade EVs, with extra points for my current baby the Hyundai Ioniq. To me, it's mostly about having fun in the virtual world with stuff I'm familiar with but could never experiment with due to reality having this whole injuries and death thing.

While super sports cars do sell a fantasy, I'm having the most fun in C/D class with pimped versions of more common cars since they're the only kind I ever owned/drove. Street racing in the 1993 Clio Williams brings me back to my (stupid) student days, although my Clio back then was from 1991, not exactly the Williams model, and our "races" were a lot more modest and a lot less dangerous. But those street races in pimped versions of those cars are exactly how it felt in my mind back then.

I could do this in FH4 with my Abarth Spider, though I would catch myself, especially the summer, thinking “whaitaminnute you moron, you can actually drive this right now in real life” though to be fair I could only done one danger sign, tops. Can’t have those moments in FH5 apparently, as Abarth is out.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I feel like they bias the wheelspins to give you good stuff early, I've gotten the Sesto FE and the Jesko early on and jack poo poo ever since.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hexenritter posted:

My first horn (thank you Willy's) was the Doom E1M1 Low :getin:

and the car I got was the 1985 Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid legendary.

I am the proud owner of e1m1 high, we oughta do some races together and make a chorus.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Incessant Excess posted:

I feel like they bias the wheelspins to give you good stuff early, I've gotten the Sesto FE and the Jesko early on and jack poo poo ever since.

So it's not just me who feels like the number of emotes/horns/clothing I've been getting on super wheelspins has gone way way up after the first few.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

You can get them from disk problems too. I have it installed on an hdd until I shuffle some stuff around, and one of the hangups was long enough for the game to pause itself and warn me about disk bandwidth.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Kludge posted:

I dunno why I thought I needed to reach max season progress points (38 points) to get the second car reward when the UI clearly tells me I only need 26 points so that was a nice surprise. I had originally written it off since I'll never do the online/multiplayer challenges.

I got it at the 26 points mark.

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016

tater_salad posted:

I got it at the 26 points mark.

Yeah to be clear I got it at 26 points as well, it was just me being dumb and thinking it was a max 38 points reward.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
The clothes and horns and dances vastly outnumber the cars, so it stands to reason they probably force the things to give you a few cars before going to normal probability which is probably 10:1 bullshit:cars, that's my theory anyway. can't say for sure though cuz the dang thing is still slowly downloading, hooray de-prioritized 4g :arghfist:

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 9, 2021

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

"There's always money in the Baja stand" made me chuckle.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What's everybody spending their voucher on? No idea where to even begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
sooo no day 1 patch, curious