Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

RatHat posted:

So any news on when the network test codes will go out?

Supposedly today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They're already out I'm playing right now

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Why the hell is it taking so long, I want proof that my feet pics weren’t enough to get chosen for the network test

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The gameplay preview was bad because it made me want the game out yesterday. I've watched it three times already.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the stuff shown in elden ring looks cool so far, so here's hoping

The charge up sword magic attack against Godrick was so sick.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Give me access!! I LIVE FOR YOU FROMSOFT!!!!!!!!!!

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
I don't understand why Ubisoft games are the go-to examples when it comes to open world stuff. None of them were any good. Why not compare with the Saints Row series or Fallout: New Vegas or The Witcher 3 or some of the better GTAs? Like, people are joking about reusing assets, but Far Cry 3 through 5 are basically the same game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Blind Rasputin posted:

never get a Sekiro II

Thank god.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anyone complaining about reused assets isn't a true fan.

I hope they keep using the same "open heavy door" animation till the day I die.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

acyclicity posted:

I don't understand why Ubisoft games are the go-to examples when it comes to open world stuff. None of them were any good. Why not compare with the Saints Row series or Fallout: New Vegas or The Witcher 3 or some of the better GTAs? Like, people are joking about reusing assets, but Far Cry 3 through 5 are basically the same game.

Realistically this isn't going to be rear end creed, but W3 is exactly what I'm afraid of. Then again it's From - if you fix the floaty controls and cut out all the embarrassing, interminable dialog you might have something good.

Then you could remove 90% of the crafting, a bunch of empty map space, the quest markers, the bandit camps...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

acyclicity posted:

Nothing about it beyond being an open world game at all is reminiscent of Ubisoft, so yeah I'm with you and really not following where this Ubi-doomsaying is coming from

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My only issue with W3 was the poo poo combat (IMO!!!) so if it's that with Souls combat I am 110% in.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Everyone is talking about Ubisoft and Breath of the Wild because nobody wants to say the most obvious comparison of all in case the monkey paw curls.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
I'm pessimistic about things like map markers and beacons and the guiding light more as a symptom. If they decided to include them early on as a genre convention ok, hopefully I can just turn them off. If they had to add them because the giant unmemorable map can't be navigated without them that sucks.

Volte posted:

Everyone is talking about Ubisoft and Breath of the Wild because nobody wants to say the most obvious comparison of all in case the monkey paw curls.

I thought the cel shaded rapping rhythm stuff was an optional mini game?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The map master has entered the dome.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

huh posted:

What is the deal with this new style of marketing for a fromsoft game?

Simply a soft introduction for babby's first fromsoft game?

If you look at the digital manual that came with Dark Souls 3, you'll find that it's not really that new. Even the first page had a lengthy introduction to what Souls games are about.

Edit: found it

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 9, 2021

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

aaah AAAAHHH AUUUUUUGGFFH MY FEET WERE WORTHY OF MICHAEL ZAKI

:darksouls::darksouls::darksouls::darksouls:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lucky, guess I’m sitting out of this one too

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

NA invites will go out starting at noon Central.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
OH poo poo I got selected for EU

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
I got in, and now I finally feel loved.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah poo poo i forgot to buy a ps5

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm in get in

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

ah poo poo i forgot to buy a ps5

waiting patiently on the PC network test

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Didn't apply. Getting to play a bit would've been torture for me.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Groovelord Neato posted:

same. everyone who plays the network test is a fool or a masochist

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

If you didn't get the invite email make sure to check your spam. It's not in there either. Nobody loves you.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

huh posted:

What is the deal with this new style of marketing for a fromsoft game?

Simply a soft introduction for babby's first fromsoft game?

It's not really new, Dark Souls 1 had a lengthy description of gameplay elements as well when it was re-released

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I really want Capcom to mash together Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter. It's right there

I've wanted this ever since I played Monster Hunter World, my first Monster Hunter. They're a perfect fit and I have no idea why it hasn't happened.

Miss Mowcher posted:

Some spells in DD made you feel incredibly powerful, so much fun throwing meteor showers and tornados around.

The mechanic of standing around charging until casting sucked though, they could improve on that.

The MMO that never got released over here did have some sort of rune minigame thing, but I'd actually say that Dragon's Dogma's casting is downright perfect, because it asks you to commit and take risks to cast the big spells, but you can let off early to get different effects. In a party setting, it'd be brilliant.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

gently caress YES

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

goblin week posted:

gently caress YES

Wir speilen tonight boiz

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

Wir speilen tonight boiz

Wir spielen at 4 am to 7 am because thats the best time for a stress test, of course

I mean at least 3 out of the 5 time slots are good to go, but they could've just made it the whole weekend

Who am I kidding might as well wake up for that

The game download is 6,88gb so I'm guessing it has the start area only.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Well I didn't get in. Burned all my luck getting into the DS2 test. :/

Vintersorg posted:

My only issue with W3 was the poo poo combat (IMO!!!) so if it's that with Souls combat I am 110% in.

Very much this, though I don't know if From has the chops to write that game. It's still a better take on this than "open world == Ubi, ER == open world, therefore..."

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
its ok, miyazaki just forgot to send out my invite. I'm sure it will be arriving any minute now

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Flavahbeast posted:

It's not really new, Dark Souls 1 had a lengthy description of gameplay elements as well when it was re-released

The second paragraph was written by my mum.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Groovelord Neato posted:

:hfive:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
just got an email saying i didn’t get into the network test :negative: :negative:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

punished milkman posted:

just got an email saying i didn’t get into the network test :negative: :negative:

Also got a rejection email...:negative:

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
I'm glad I wasn't the only one on the internet thinking about Faxanadu for the NES when I saw this.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I didn’t receive anything? reminiscent of looking for work last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

reminiscent of looking for work last year.

drat the new soapstone fields are getting bleak