Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just really need this place to be chill this morning and it's not and that loving hurts my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

I just really need this place to be chill this morning and it's not and that loving hurts my soul.

New page new vibes have a tunnel babby

Escape From Noise

Here is some fine cuisine (good eats)

Prof. Crocodile

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Gang, I been loving around with neuralblender where you give it a few search terms and after a few iterations it'll give you a rough approximation of what the algorithm thinks those terms look

hey I saw this guy on an ayahuasca trip!

his name is gerry and although he hates all organic life he really enjoys prog rock and fireworks.

Escape From Noise

Maybe you want your turkey to look like a coked out disco party this Thanksgiving?

Escape From Noise

Hey! I'm gonna hit the convenience store. How do you want your turkey?

Flaming hot?

Or cool Ranch?

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

These are food crimes.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
cool ranch turkey leg. tankard of mtn dew

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Haha! Don't worry about bringing desserts. We're combining dinner and dessert this year to increase efficiency!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Those turkeys DIED for that crime.

Finger Prince

kalel posted:

Does anybody drink kefir? My friends have been talking about it saying it's good for the digestive system but I'm wary that it's some cure-all-du-jour. It looks and tastes like liquid Greek yogurt

I like it on granola for breakfast. I discovered "pouring yogurt" on a trip to Europe once and only many years later discovered that it's basically kefir (though I'm pretty sure buying kefir at grocery stores is a relatively recent phenomenon here). I like it plain, personally, but they do flavoured ones just like yogurt.

Prof. Crocodile

'chocolate turkey' is a pretty god username imho

Escape From Noise

If you want your side dish as the main course, don't worry, Reynold's has you covered!

Escape From Noise

Prof. Crocodile posted:

'chocolate turkey' is a pretty god username imho

Chocolate Turkey and the Hotdog Flavored Gravy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I actually want to fight a long and protracted war against Reynolds and his tinfoil army

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I actually want to fight a long and protracted war against Reynolds and his tinfoil army

Woah! Someone's getting a little spicy! Maybe this turkey will better suit you!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

When is a turkey not a turkey?

When it is a crime against humanity.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

I am really glad you're on another continent so I can't just drive to your house and make that exasperated sigh thing I do.

biosterous

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hey I saw this guy on an ayahuasca trip!

his name is gerry and although he hates all organic life he really enjoys prog rock and fireworks.

you met my cousin gerry! i've been trying to get him to chill out for a while

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zil

I sent this to my brother who is a big fan of pumpkin spice. Waiting on the reaction.

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Escape From Noise

It's funny to me that there are people that complain that millennials killed Thanksgiving or whatever when my own parents mostly avoid doing anything for the holidays that involves too much effort and/or traditional activities. They did it for me and my brothers as kids but as we got older we stopped hosting anything really. We just kind of stopped doing Christmas really besides a few simple gifts maybe.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

The umbrella looks like it could be CGI, but the transformer explosion and smoke look real enough.
(plus, check the reaction of the dude in the orange shirt at the bottom of the screen)

Yup. We're now all pretty much agreed that this video is real, and we've learned a lot about low current local transmission lines from my sister in law who works with them for a living.

Thanks for posting this video so I could go down an interesting rabbit hole and skip whatever happened in the last page!

Prof. Crocodile

biosterous posted:

you met my cousin gerry! i've been trying to get him to chill out for a while

yeah i do see the family resemblance now

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

When is a turkey not a turkey?

When it is a crime against humanity.

Brought to you by Reynolds®. Reynolds ®: That's right, we've lost our goddamn minds with power.

alnilam

It's funny to me that there are people that complain that millennials killed Thanksgiving or whatever

Name literally anything and there are people who complain millennials killed it

Zil

alnilam posted:

millennials killed something awful

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

alnilam

Post apocalyptic movie where baby boomers are huddled in a bunker listening to a distant shortwave radio signal to get news updates from the other survivors who dare not venture into the surface world. The news updates are things roving millennials on the surface have now killed. "news update, news update. Millennials have now killed... photosynthesis." The survivors wail in sadness. It won't be long now. One by one they listen to the world die until the final update - "millenials have killed radio" - the signal cuts out and does not return

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

alnilam posted:

I know. I just stumbled on some article looking for those cursed turkeys. I guess it always confuses me coming from the perspective of a family that didn't really give a poo poo about the holidays. Like my dad, like all dads, loves an excuse to BBQ, and he hosts that kind of stuff, but Christmas or Thanksgiving? Eh, we may do something with the extended family for Thanksgiving, but also I've had dinner with my friend and his family because my parents were like "Yeah, go ahead, we're not doing anything special."

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I liked Thanksgiving more before my cousins and uncles decided it was time to yell about the president whenever possible.

Prof. Crocodile

Zurtilik posted:

I liked Thanksgiving more before my cousins and uncles decided it was time to yell about the president whenever possible.

for me this was 1993

Escape From Noise

I did Thanksgiving with my dad's family maybe 6-7 years ago. They're pretty cool. I like my great uncle a lot. His wife is cool. She's from Hong Kong and gave me tea. Just a bunch of Chicago outter burbs Jews drinking beer and wine and eating too much. I think that was the last family Thanksgiving I had. I enjoy it when I'm invited usually, but it's never like an obligation. I guess I have one this year with my friend and his family. I'm... kind of not super excited about it. His dad's a bit abrasive and so is his uncle. I think last time I did Thanksgiving there they both started giving me unwanted career advice? Lol. I don't get that poo poo from my own family.

alnilam

I like Thanksgiving a lot but that's because i like cooking a big meal with friends, it's my idea of a good evening of hanging out, and basically since becoming an adult every tgivez has been exactly that but bigger. Sometimes my sister and her family is involved but it's usually a bunch of friends who are like family

I did not like it as a kid though because it was not in that spirit, it was instead my mom and maybe one aunt cooking a bunch of stuff while nobody helped.

Since we moved to oregon and don't have a giant circle of friends who are like family yet, we've made up a new tgiving where just my kid and wife and i go to a cabin in the mountains and cook a simple meal and go sledding a bunch. This year we're hoping to loop some new friends in

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Post apocalyptic movie where baby boomers are huddled in a bunker listening to a distant shortwave radio signal to get news updates from the other survivors who dare not venture into the surface world. The news updates are things roving millennials on the surface have now killed. "news update, news update. Millennials have now killed... photosynthesis." The survivors wail in sadness. It won't be long now. One by one they listen to the world die until the final update - "millenials have killed radio" - the signal cuts out and does not return

I would watch the gently caress out of this

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
They're huddled underground with all the money and land and opportunity pondering why millennials are so sad all the time.

alnilam

It almost reminds me of Underground (1995) but probably just because of the idea of people hiding in a bunker due to bad things above that are not actually happening

ty manifisto

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
people are what make any holiday worth having

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

pnac attack posted:

people are what make any holiday worth having

ah another fan of Soylent Turkey i see

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

Yeah, that's my thing. I'll cook a bunch if I have a gathering for it, If not, that's cool. Maybe I'll get a day off? If not, okay, cool. The brewery I worked at in Seattle was actually really good about giving time off for holidays, but sometimes needed people there on the actual day, usually unless it was like Christmas or New Year, but they'd give compensated days off, which I kind of preferred, because then I'd be off on a day that wasn't super crowded or busy. It also helps because I don't really get those holiday blues that I know some people get while living abroad. I get it, holidays can be really important to some people, but they don't have that kind of importance to me, or my family really.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 9, 2021

Zil

Mormon Nailer posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of this

:same:

Just roving bands of millennial zombies living their lives "destroying" the old ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
You are all cordially invited to come to my place and we shall have hot pot