Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jokes posted:

I don’t like Ayaka’s character design so I don’t want to play as her, her performance doesn’t matter in my calculus

This is also why I don’t like Xiangling, Xingqiu, and I really like Kaeya and Jean

Xiangling is cool tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like the bear

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

jokes posted:

I don’t like Ayaka’s character design so I don’t want to play as her, her performance doesn’t matter in my calculus

This is also why I don’t like Xiangling, Xingqiu, and I really like Kaeya and Jean

I thought her character quest was the dumbest waifubait story I've ever seen
she's like the third genshin character with the same "personality" of "I'm very serious and stoic and diligent at work but secretly an anxious ball of emotions and only open up to YOU, maincharacter my beloved <3. you are my only friend"

But in actual gameplay it's fun throwing blizzards at badguys and turning into an icicle to dash around so she's cool.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

As someone without a strong Electro character I like using, I hate the end of this event. It is stupid and I will only be doing the parts that give primos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

she's like the third genshin character with the same "personality" of "I'm very serious and stoic and diligent at work but secretly an anxious ball of emotions and only open up to YOU, maincharacter my beloved <3. you are my only friend"
she isn't really like that at all tho. for starters she has a friend. his name is thoma. also, her brother. his name is ayato. also, the one npc lady was her friend too. thats at least three. for seconds, its not that she's serious and stoic and diligent at work, its that other people perceive her that way. shes fairly open even when she is in work mode.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But in actual gameplay it's fun throwing blizzards at badguys and turning into an icicle to dash around so she's cool.

Meanwhile Xiangling is there having an Iron Chef contest where you eat an extinct boar

and her bear is a god

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is this worth getting into with no prior investment in 2021? I remember it being pretty big during the pandemic but didn't pay too much attention but a recent videos piqued my interest. It sounds like exploration is a big piece of the game, which I didn't realize.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I can't believe the denouement for this event: protect some pillars while trying to shoot a ruin guard in the feet :thumbsup:

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is this worth getting into with no prior investment in 2021? I remember it being pretty big during the pandemic but didn't pay too much attention but a recent videos piqued my interest. It sounds like exploration is a big piece of the game, which I didn't realize.

if you're into exploring you'll love this, it's the best part of the game

padijun fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 9, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

As someone without a strong Electro character I like using, I hate the end of this event. It is stupid and I will only be doing the parts that give primos.
You don't really need a strong one, you can just snipe the thingies with fischl twice. Trying to hit the weak points is kind of entertaining too even if my fish had to eat a lot of suspicious steaks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chaotic Flame posted:

Exploration is a big part of the game, it's not like you're really missing out on much by being a new player if you just wanna explore around. You have to clear a decent chunk of the story/level up a fair bit to explore the new country they added recently, but it's not like it's going anywhere. If it seems interesting to you, give it a shot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm still annoyed that despite me sabotaging every step of the Moonchase contest they still had Xiangling win

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yeah, exploration is huge (and honestly the most fun part of the game). Really all you're missing by not having played before is not being around for certain characters' banners (who will get rerun at some point), and you just missed the anniversary event, which was just some free stuff.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yes, definitely. Exploration is a huge part and the combat is great fun. If you dont have brain worms or for some reason want to marry jpegs, you will barely notice the gambling bit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think inazuma being story/rank gated is the only annoying thing you'll run into as a new player. don't see much reason it would be a problem otherwise

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
This event sucked but I sure am glad they didn't gate primos behind any of the annoying poo poo in this last part. You can do the weak point challenge over multiple attempts if you need to.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This will be the first event I've skipped since launch. I'm stuck on mobile for a while, and it sounds like this event will be particularly BS with poo poo controls. At least I'm already lined up for Itto, so losing out on primos hurts a little less :(

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fishl is a real MVP for this event

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Is Itto the next banner?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Radical posted:

fishl is a real MVP for this event

Yeah being able to hit the pillars from range just makes it much easier. They charge fast enough that you basically just need to keep them topped off and you can almost ignore the defense objective. Once a pillar hits 100% it goes invulnerable.

The biggest pain in the rear end are the waves it spawns. Clearing them just makes it aggressively respawn them. It's really better to stall them out with Freeze if you can't just delete them.

Space Opera posted:

This will be the first event I've skipped since launch. I'm stuck on mobile for a while, and it sounds like this event will be particularly BS with poo poo controls. At least I'm already lined up for Itto, so losing out on primos hurts a little less :(

The first two parts of the event are not at all demanding, just slightly annoying (first part is a snooze fest, second part has you charging and defending electro pillars). The final bit will be annoying with sloppy controls because you have to hit weak points on an rear end in a top hat Ruin Grader to get 50 of the primos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dramatika posted:

Is Itto the next banner?
Albedo rerun will be next, then Itto, is what people are saying.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's apparently a reaction in the game files called "shatter". I wonder what it will be like once it's added to the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I Dream Of Dendro

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Shere posted:

Yeah being able to hit the pillars from range just makes it much easier. They charge fast enough that you basically just need to keep them topped off and you can almost ignore the defense objective. Once a pillar hits 100% it goes invulnerable.

The biggest pain in the rear end are the waves it spawns. Clearing them just makes it aggressively respawn them. It's really better to stall them out with Freeze if you can't just delete them.

The first two parts of the event are not at all demanding, just slightly annoying (first part is a snooze fest, second part has you charging and defending electro pillars). The final bit will be annoying with sloppy controls because you have to hit weak points on an rear end in a top hat Ruin Grader to get 50 of the primos.

Huh, maybe I'll be able to do the first part then. I had to switch my dailies back to Mondstadt because I got tired of how many times I'd have to redo them

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

There's apparently a reaction in the game files called "shatter". I wonder what it will be like once it's added to the game.

isnt shatter frozen + heavy attack? or is there a second reaction with the same name

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

No Wave posted:

It's already in the game. According to the wiki, it happens when claymores, plunging attacks, explosions or Geo damage hit a frozen target. It causes physical damage and unfreezes the target.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dramatika posted:

Is Itto the next banner?

Albedo will be the first banner of the patch (complete with an albedo-themed event weapon!) and Itto the second.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They're joking btw

Here's hoping Ayato will drive them to buff shatter (and indirectly help my popsicleboi)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is Albedo worth it for a Hu Tao team tho

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Shere posted:

You don't actually have to aim a bow to get the weakpoint hits though. Some of them are on his ankles so you'll get free weakpoint-breaks and knockdowns just by slapping his feet with Bennett E (or any other attack probably) when those open up.

Nyoro posted:

Is Albedo worth it for a Hu Tao team tho

He brings nothing but damage and 1/2 of geo resonance. If you're already using Zhongli he's pretty good, otherwise he has no real synergy or special interactions with Hu Tao. And although Albedo is probably the best at being a geo sub-dps, you can still get geo resonance with Zhongli + Ning (just using her as a burst support) and it will be solid enough.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 9, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a Eula main, I'm very familiar with Shatter

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

Here's hoping Ayato will drive them to buff shatter (and indirectly help my popsicleboi)

Shatter is currently mediocre, true, but a buff to Shatter is essentially a buff to heavy attacks. I don't think the characters that use claymores/explosions/Geo damage really need the boost.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

aren't those all the worst characters/reactions/elements though, if you're going by what people use in abyss 12? if anything making shatter better would make a lot of sense

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Isnt diluc the strongest dps???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I was asking as somebody with Hutao / C6 XQ, C1 Zhong, and a perpetually empty 4th slot since I never know who to put there

It's fish for now but eh

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

Shatter is currently mediocre, true, but a buff to Shatter is essentially a buff to heavy attacks. I don't think the characters that use claymores/explosions/Geo damage really need the boost.

Not really. You need so much to align to even trigger shatter, let alone build a team around it. Unless you have Chong or Eula, you need 3 character slots just to trigger it.

It's laughable that they decided to put its strength level under overload.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Building a team around geo shatter is already super janky since you need 3 separate elements working together.
There are 0 hydro claymores and of the two cryo claymores one already wants superconduct/phys builds and not EM shatter shenanigans.

So a buff to shatter would mostly only be a buff to Chongyun.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

Anything that buffs Klee is good

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The best shatterer in the game is actually Kazuha

https://i.imgur.com/2R3k8x7.mp4

Two swirl procs still dealing more damage tho

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 9, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Isnt diluc the strongest dps???

He was considered the best around release but he got powercrept.
Also turned out Xiangling teams were better once you had enough resources to invest in more than one character at once.
Although Diluc is great for super cheap budget teams where Diluc is the only one wearing any decent gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why does every other character have to use Treasure Hoarder Insignias as their upgrade material? I'm just glad I pulled Sucrose.

Nyoro posted:

I Dream Of Dendro

Hopefully we'll be done with Inazuma soon and going on to Sumeru, then we can see if Dendro is going to be the new meta or a complete joke.