Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Irregardless posted:

When others join in the difficulty is outrageously different than when it's just me.

Got some bad news for you, that's just how the game is. The difficulty is hosed because the AI Director is a huge dipshit that's incredibly drunk all the time, wildly swinging around from the difficulty levers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The retch might not be the most useful but boy he is the most fun to play in pvp

Turin Turambar posted:

Roadmap revealed

Not seeing new maps here

Wait new ridden lmao great more guys that look the same

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Grapplejack posted:

Wait new ridden lmao great more guys that look the same

finally the guy from dune

https://twitter.com/hellodonavon/status/1453496566031978496

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

They nerfed money grubbers. Very upset.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

If you want to play the game "solo" you can just start an online run and set your social settings to friends only. You'll still get supply points and progress normally

Nah it won't let you queue up privately unless you have at least one other person.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
New patch notes up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sorry, this reads like they made the game harder?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:psyduck: They nerfed a handful of cards and buffed some of the special zombies?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
All of these seems like good changes, though I doubt the money grubbers nerf was harsh enough and I need to check whether they fixed Heavy Hitter killing commons with the punch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL @ renaming Solo Campaign to Training

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Leal posted:

:psyduck: They nerfed a handful of cards and buffed some of the special zombies?

That was my first impression too, lol.

So, instead of making Veteran easier, they are making Recruit harder I guess?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
"The reekers aren't hitting players as often as the retchers or hockers, why is that?

Ooooh when players shoot them they slow down, ensuring they explode before reaching the player. gently caress that, this game is all about the unavoidable damage."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh good, the beefieset of the beefy are now even beefier.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Melee builds really got hosed :/

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Filtering through side channels is apparently the news that the special spawning bug they fixed was causing the game to start duplicating special spawns outright, multiple times over, hence the ridiculous hordes of one special type you'd start to see.

I have no idea why they didn't headline that change in flashing neon lights.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

quote:

Fixed some issues related to Specials spawning

Which issues, specifically? Because I can think of about 4 off the top of my head that are absolutely necessary changes

Bruiser buffs don't bother me, maybe I'll finally learn to distinguish them from Tallboys

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'll be going in on this new patch with my cousin soon enough, so I guess I'll come back with some observations later. I pray to god that the specials are toned down for real, because that was the worst for me.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

turtle club posted:

Players who are grabbed by a Crusher are now immune to friendly fire damage while grabbed and for 1.5 seconds after being released

at the very least this is a huge improvement

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

Which issues, specifically? Because I can think of about 4 off the top of my head that are absolutely necessary changes

Bruiser buffs don't bother me, maybe I'll finally learn to distinguish them from Tallboys

This. I need more details because it addresses the biggest issue in the game with one sentence.

Frankly I don't care if they make the game harder, but it needs to feel more fair. That's the main problem. And it's 95% related to spawns.

I'd also like to see them acknowledge how out of whack the tuning is depending on how many players you have. Right now playing veteran with 4 players instead of 3 is like bumping it up three difficulty levels.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 9, 2021

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Leal posted:

hahaha They did the same thing they did post-beta -- they listened to the hardest of hardcore fanboys on their own forums/Discord.

Welp. I feel pretty safe uninstalling for now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If the special spawns are fixed those changes make sense.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The only change I don't really like is making the ogre tankier, it wasn't really a great fight to begin with and the raw hp wasn't the problem.

The rest of the nerfs really suck but if the special spawns are fixed then it should really balance out as a net positive. Also that crusher friendly fire change owns.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The special spawns definitely seem like they're fixed, at least so far. Had one instance with a whole bunch of the jockey wannabes, but I think that was a special event in the level, cause it was only at the one spot. I think they changed something with how trauma is calculated, because it seems to be building up a lot less easily now than before, still had to be aware of it, but I didn't spend a full hour+ with a single bar of hp.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Cinara posted:

The only change I don't really like is making the ogre tankier, it wasn't really a great fight to begin with and the raw hp wasn't the problem.

The rest of the nerfs really suck but if the special spawns are fixed then it should really balance out as a net positive. Also that crusher friendly fire change owns.

Fwiw the ogre wasn't much harder to kill than pre-patch in my runs tonight. Maybe a few extra seconds?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Played a little recruit and changes feel good. Looks like they're giving out more supply points, but not sure if they boosted them on a per map basis or it's just the fact that bonus objectives give some now.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The mine finale with the howitzer is still broken to poo poo, just like it was in the beta. Had it happen yet again where the gun was just totally unable to be interacted with, so the finale was impossible to even start, let alone finish :thumbsup: great job guys!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ShootaBoy posted:

The mine finale with the howitzer is still broken to poo poo, just like it was in the beta. Had it happen yet again where the gun was just totally unable to be interacted with, so the finale was impossible to even start, let alone finish :thumbsup: great job guys!

Never had that happen, personally. That sucks!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Still getting special spam, at least in the later parts of a run/act. Like 2 or 3 of the same type, horde or not.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Picked this game up a week ago, only played a handful of times with some friends of mine.

I'm enjoying it enough, but it's gonna take a while before I've got enough cards to find a loadout that's working for me.

I wanna keep playing as Mom, though. She's fun.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Welp the stealth nerf to the Heralds of the Worm supply point farm was unexpected. Definitely glad I buckled down last weekend to finish all my cards but I'm not surprised they nerfed it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is it just me or are shotguns waaaaay more powerful than everything else? Literally any of the four Primary shotguns chews through even bosses, then you add in things like the card that gives you 0.25 temporary health for each shotgun pellet that hits, the +30% shotgun ammo/+10% shotgun damage card, the +50% reload speed but lose aim down sights card, etc and it's like a firehose full of bullets and health.

I just did the Act 2 finale solo and the special spawns were still bonkers - like 6+ of the same mutation walking through the door at the same time. It felt more Killing Floor and less Left 4 Dead. They've seemed fine in every group mission I've played though

e: Lmao I have no idea what happened here but I joined this game and somehow had 2 bots following me:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 10, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Shotguns are good for tanky close builds, you can have some ridiculously good assault rifle builds that can stop tallboys/reekers from getting anywhere close to you though. My fave build right now that isn't "Money Medic" is "rifle dude with nades" just because of how quick I can pop every special.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Sniper builds can get to some outrageous damage levels with the barret. You can oneshot every special unless it's armoured and drop the boss specials in a single clip. Does mean you need to focus most of your build around it but allows you to more or less solo every single special spawn and let your team focus on the hordes.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Our group managed to play a bit last night. Felt like the special spawns were different, but not much easier. Instead of a cluster of one type it'd spawn an array of different specials. Didn't notice it being fewer, though we also didn't see anything ridiculous in terms of quantity (unless we'd called multiple hordes down in a failure cascade).

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I played several levels in a static group post-patch, and truth be told, aside from my sidearm staying loaded now between levels, I didn't notice anything different. Same bizarre pacing, zombies of all types continuing to spawn out of walls and ceiling right in my field of vision, multiple specials of the same type spawning at once, same exact poo poo we were seeing the day before. I wish their notes were a little more specific as that what their goals were with the changes. But my seat of the pants feeling was just not catching anything. If I hadn't already known they patched it I wouldn't have noticed.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The corruption that makes like 1/4 of the zombies drop acid at any touch is goddamn criminally bullshit. I sure do enjoy taking damage as I slow walk through all these tiny hallways, with a tide of zombies constantly rushing from in front. Totally not unfun bullshit at all

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Make your peace with the fact that the game hates you and everything you hold dear.

Beginning to think there's a fair few bugs either introduced in this patch (trauma damage and possibly stumble damage are sketch, not to mention the apparent increase in special spawn tempo) or that were counteracted/covered up by other bugs that got fixed. Kind of a really bad look if it takes another month to fix.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, this is a bad first major patch. I'm not resubbing for Gamepass unless my friends still want to play or if they can actually get a hotfix out in time; buffing specials while counting on a fixed special spawn rate and then the spawn fix not making it into the patch is embarrassingly bad.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm also getting more CTDs, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah, this is a bad first major patch. I'm not resubbing for Gamepass unless my friends still want to play or if they can actually get a hotfix out in time; buffing specials while counting on a fixed special spawn rate and then the spawn fix not making it into the patch is embarrassingly bad.

There are other games on gamepass, though?