Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tater_salad posted:

when you remove the willys from your garage you get your Points back.
its free realestate wheelspins

not anymore you don't!!

at least i'm not gettin' em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Ok I literally cannot play this game this game crashes consistently every time I try playing it on PC game pass Im super bummed out that after that exciting intro they pull the rug from under me, gonna wait for a patch.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In My Lane. Focused. Flourishing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok I literally cannot play this game this game crashes consistently every time I try playing it on PC game pass Im super bummed out that after that exciting intro they pull the rug from under me, gonna wait for a patch.

Try the admin mode thing; you can make a shortcut on your desktop by right clicking the icon in the gamepass app. Launch that shortcut as admin and see if that clears it up. It didn't fix it 100% for me but did let me play for a couple hours with no issues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GolfHole posted:

Did you ever see Death Race 2000?
Same universe.

(Good movie!)

I havent, but I know that I need to see it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's one of my favorite movies. Just classic schlocky bullshit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TjyvTompa posted:

I've beaten loads of GRCC rivals times now, you should all have some rivals notifications waiting for you in-game. I've done all road and dirt races, working on posting a clean lap on the gauntlet now (the dirt race). I'm mostly using A or S1 class cars.

Here is a tip to new players from seeing lots of different ghosts doing the same thing: Stop running into the barriers, it is much faster to use your brakes to go slowly into the corner and then accelerate out of it.

i'm gonna beat all ur times, get ready jerk :smuggo:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

stev posted:

The announcer knew my name without being told. What else does he know? :tinfoil:

yeah, it was weird when he said i forgot to clear my browsing history last night

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Al-Saqr posted:

promote your windows user account to local admin and run the game as admin also.

It's stupid, but it's the only thing that worked for me.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
When the wheelspin slowed down, at first I was devastated that it didn't stop on the Isetta, but then...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Everyones calling me "fellow human" so the entire game feels like a weird alien theme park where they abducted people who think theyre good at driving to do insane stunts

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
If I want to get rid of a car is my only option to auction it or can I just sell it quick for an instant payout somewhere?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

If I want to get rid of a car is my only option to auction it or can I just sell it quick for an instant payout somewhere?

only 3 options:

auction for maybe money
delete for no money
gift for no money

FishMcCool posted:

When the wheelspin slowed down, at first I was devastated that it didn't stop on the Isetta, but then...

as horny as my spins have been, i'm mildly upset that i don't have the mexican hat dance yet.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gift it to another player

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I put up my dupe A110 for auction with a buy it now price of 80k (essentially half off its autoshow price) and a goon immediately snapped it up. If you have a car you don't want/need or something, might be a good idea.

Unless you're sitting on a hoard of Willys with the super wheelspins all used up, then you should probably just remove from garage.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

It's also quite alright to not use the penis exploit, for those new to the series. People will talk about how the game showers you with more or less than this or that, but if you just want to drive you'll get more than enough stuff. You don't have to sit and buy jeeps for an hour.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Powershift posted:

only 3 options:

auction for maybe money
delete for no money
gift for no money

as horny as my spins have been, i'm mildly upset that i don't have the mexican hat dance yet.

Thanks.

Also the Willys doesn't seem to return points when you get rid of it. It's still a great way to get free wheel spins but it will cost points.

Are points increasingly harder to get or do they always require the same XP or whatever to get them?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks.

Also the Willys doesn't seem to return points when you get rid of it. It's still a great way to get free wheel spins but it will cost points.

Are points increasingly harder to get or do they always require the same XP or whatever to get them?

Always 50,000 a point. Always a 10 point limit per chain.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Ok, so the new mechanic that is most confusing me right now is the gifted car function.

So I can send gifted cars but only to random people within a certain category? I guess that can be fun for certain gimmicks, maybe put your own livery or tune on it and send it out into the world and hope for the best.

Has anyone received a car yet? Is it just a mess of Jeeps right now? Because that's what I blasted out into the world.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

General Probe posted:

Ok, so the new mechanic that is most confusing me right now is the gifted car function.

So I can send gifted cars but only to random people within a certain category? I guess that can be fun for certain gimmicks, maybe put your own livery or tune on it and send it out into the world and hope for the best.

Has anyone received a car yet? Is it just a mess of Jeeps right now? Because that's what I blasted out into the world.

I got gifted a 69 Toyota 2000GT on the first day. What a badass car. I sent someone a Merc that I was just going to delete yesterday and got a kudos out of it. No idea if that does anything or is just to make you feel good.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

General Probe posted:

I have! Probably more folks will get them over the next few days due to today's daily Forzathon challenge. For my bit, I got an Austin-Healy Sprite

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The achievement for driving on every road has a handful of mulligans, for the accolade you actually need every single road in the game, just a heads up for anyone intending to go for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got all the rival challenge cars, thanks for the heads up about that!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

GolfHole posted:

not anymore you don't!!

at least i'm not gettin' em

Yeah, I'm not getting any more either. I got the refunded points from the first two Willies I finished ( :pervert: ) but the subsequent ones just eat the points.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

flatluigi posted:

the forza horizon series takes place in an alternate universe where everyone feels blessed by the presence of magical car drivers

it's like yugioh or pokemon

Its just Westworld for rich car people, thats how I imagine my way past both the obscene things you do and how devoid the place is of people and traffic. The people grooving on the side of the road are all primitive animatronics. Honestly, the whole Forza Horizon atmosphere is so earnest and cheesy and wholesomely unironic that I just cant help being carried along with it.

I only wince a little bit during some of the cinematography for the intros and special events, and thats only because I associate that style so heavily with Top Gear, so it seems a bit naff.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 9, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Simiain posted:

I only wince a little bit during some of the cinematography for the intros and special events, and thats only because I associate that style so heavily with Top Gear, so it seems a bit naff.

Honestly, I'm just glad Forza Horizon 4 came out late enough that we didn't have to suffer a full 10 part Clarkson, Hammond and May story mug-fest with wacky caravans and racism

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

isk posted:

I have! Probably more folks will get them over the next few days due to today's daily Forzathon challenge. For my bit, I got an Austin-Healy Sprite

Yeah I ended up with a lot of dupes in previous Forza games be it from T10/PG gifting them to me to wheelspins to whatever. It will be much nice to gift the vehicles than simply remove them from the garage if I can't auction them.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

: Stop running into the barriers,

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
I've won an Enzo Ferrari, 911 Carrera S, S1 tuned Firebird FE, and Koenigsegg Regera from regular wheel spins. I spend the majority of my time driving C and B class cars. Give me a 90s Civic with a fake carbon fiber hood and I'll be so much happier, I have no need for 800 hp monsters.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I'm just sad I got the reaper horn in 4 just before I stopped playing and have yet to get it now. Still not worth the jeeps though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there any particular trick to getting the boards that are on top of buildings/planes/etc? usually it doesn't bug me too much but some of them are right near the main first section of the game and i can't for the life of me find a good place to ramp into them

should i have a car custom-tuned just for those? make it as light and floaty as possible?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Love this game

made this livery and have been chasing ppl down occasionally between calls
I need to V10 turbo this bad boy

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

flatluigi posted:

is there any particular trick to getting the boards that are on top of buildings/planes/etc? usually it doesn't bug me too much but some of them are right near the main first section of the game and i can't for the life of me find a good place to ramp into them

should i have a car custom-tuned just for those? make it as light and floaty as possible?

Some of them depend on ramps that'll get unlocked as you progress, some just need a juicy gently caress of an off-road beast and some rewinding.

Edit: you can do it with a standard car too, but the run-up is easier with something that treats deep mud as asphalt

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Put in a GRCC request under the name vash1122

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Black Griffon posted:

Some of them depend on ramps that'll get unlocked as you progress, some just need a juicy gently caress of an off-road beast and some rewinding.

Edit: you can do it with a standard car too, but the run-up is easier with something that treats deep mud as asphalt

'some ramps will unlock' is exactly what i needed to hear to make me let it go until later, thank you

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can cheese some, drive under the roof if you can and reposition, the car basically drops from the sky onto the roof

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

stev posted:

The announcer knew my name without being told. What else does he know? :tinfoil:

ya this made me raise an eyebrow too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m just happy the announcer pronounced my name correctly :3:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I too enjoy racing lower class cars. S1/S2/X get pretty borings quickly.

State of the art hypercar? Yawn, I drive those all the time in other racing games.

D-class shitbox? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
The only truly hard board to get without a ramp is the Los Jardines board on top of the white growing tent. With the ramp it was a breeze.

For anyone wondering what adventure you need to unlock the ramps it's the Horizon Rush pass. Also, you are refunded mastert points on gifted cars when the car is claimed I think for those wondering why they haven't got them back