Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

WHY BONER NOW posted:

In the 1 2 1 2 1 row you can x the first blank space

Yeah, either that blue square 2 above it is part of a 2 which means there has to be a gap after it, or it's the 1 which means there's nothing after it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Spacebump posted:

I liked both Mario Strikers games and can’t believe they stopped making them. Some of the secondary characters in Charged were a little unfair. I think Toad could simply flip over the goalie if you timed it right.

If you played online it was very common to run into teams of 3 toads that only tried to flip over the goalie. It was fun if you could pull it off but it wasn’t that OP because it almost always required a clean breakaway to work

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Should I preorder Shin Megami Tensei V? I really want the launch steel book edition but I can’t find that version for preorder. I’m worried that if I wait there won’t be any copies of the game period at the store at launch day.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I need a new screen protector and a very simple, durable, streamlined case for my OLED switch. My Zelda one is falling apart. I’m 100% digital for I don’t care about pockets for game cards and would prefer one without. Any suggestions?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

If you played online it was very common to run into teams of 3 toads that only tried to flip over the goalie. It was fun if you could pull it off but it wasn’t that OP because it almost always required a clean breakaway to work

I always liked to have one Dry Bones on my team for his charged shot. It always stunned the goalie and you could get an easy goal right after.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Should I preorder Shin Megami Tensei V? I really want the launch steel book edition but I can’t find that version for preorder. I’m worried that if I wait there won’t be any copies of the game period at the store at launch day.

Dunno. Everyone who pre-ordered it from Amazon, no matter which of the three versions (regular, steelbook, collector's edition) got an email on Saturday saying their copy might be having a shipping delay. Rumor is that a shipping container didn't arrive on time or something.

Amazon still shows my Collector's Edition arriving on Friday, and I am taking that day off from work to play it. (I rarely take days off for a video games anymore but with Thursday being a national holiday, I figured take Friday off to make a four day weekend of it.) If it does get delayed I'll probably run to Wal Mart and grab a copy and chuck it on SA-Mart when my collector's edition arrives.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I need a new screen protector and a very simple, durable, streamlined case for my OLED switch. My Zelda one is falling apart. I’m 100% digital for I don’t care about pockets for game cards and would prefer one without. Any suggestions?
Here's the good glass screen protectors for the OLED Switch.

I don't have a suggestion for a case though.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Spacebump posted:

I always liked to have one Dry Bones on my team for his charged shot. It always stunned the goalie and you could get an easy goal right after.

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Man, I wish I played online with the people you did. The meta eventually collapsed to only feature teams of 3 Boos and a Power captain because of how quick they could turn invulnerable with their deke. Combined with their passing and speed, it felt impossible to take the ball back against these guys if they ever had possession.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why in the loving piss is there no new Mario Soccer game yet?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

In the 1 2 1 2 1 row you can x the first blank space

Thank you. I don't know how I missed this. Final puzzle complete!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

this is gonna sound like flame bait, but are any of the (mainline) pokémon games actually worth playing as an adult if you have never played one before? i'm sure i'll get one for little jones when he's a bit better at reading to help him with it; i'm more wondering if there'd be anything that'll pique my own interest. i like cute things and generally think pokémon are cute if that helps.

A bit late, but if you've NEVER played a Pokémon game I think you'd enjoy playing one. I didn't really enjoy my experience with Sw/Sh because I've definitely outgrown the series, but I played through to Diamond originally, so I was definitely hoping for something else, but the series has hardly changed. I did enjoy the collecting aspect of it enough to be goaded into getting a full Dex with the friend who convinced me to get the game.

They're not complicated to play, and the stories are hardly interesting, but collecting poo poo is very addicting for what it's worth. And as let down and eventually bored I was with Sw/Sh, even I got a kick from using my favorite monsters to wreck Trainers since all these children are so loving convinced they're great, and I got rather excited when my only Shiny turned out to be a Sir Fetch'd. A golden Knight of a duck. That's not bad I'll admit.

Wasn't enough to get me to keep the cart. The data's there but I don't see myself wanting to play that game again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

dr.acula posted:

They should make another one but make it a Nintendo World Cup and invite characters from all titles.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Zurtilik posted:

Ruby and Sapphire was a serviceable pokemon game and introduced Ralts who was very cute. The little house system was good and I wish they utilized it better.

The secret base system makes Ruby/Sapphire the best in the series. :colbert:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

dr.acula posted:

Well... there was the soccer game in Mario Sports Superstars for 3DS. But it kinda sucked and tried to be closer to "real" soccer instead of the fun arcade soccer of Strikers. And more recently, there's the Goomba Soccer minigame on Mario Party Superstars, which also sucks. Basically, what I'm saying is to avoid any Mario game with "Superstar" in the title that has soccer in it--but absolutely pick up Mario Superstar Baseball. That game rules.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Pungry posted:

Well... there was the soccer game in Mario Sports Superstars for 3DS. But it kinda sucked and tried to be closer to "real" soccer instead of the fun arcade soccer of Strikers. And more recently, there's the Goomba Soccer minigame on Mario Party Superstars, which also sucks. Basically, what I'm saying is to avoid any Mario game with "Superstar" in the title that has soccer in it--but absolutely pick up Mario Superstar Baseball. That game rules.

The Wii Mario Baseball, Super Sluggers was also awesome. The motion controls for it were a lot of fun. That got a decent amount of play in college.

edit:

Now that I think about it more, Nintendo has sucked at getting out good Mario Sports games since the Wii. And this is coming from someone that had a lot of fun with the Switch Mario Tennis.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I guess maybe it's time to get RiiConnect working

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
All I want is another Mario hockey game. Mario Sports Mix's hockey was alright, but I know it could be better.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's weird that they haven't done a Strikers since Wii. Both games were great and soccer is the world's most popular sport. It should be a no-brainer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo outright bought Next Level Games after the showcase they put on with Luigi's Mansion 3 and also greatly expanded their staff so I'm hoping they're working on 2 games now and one of those games is a new Strikers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1458082680604594188

gently caress em up DUSKdev

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Boy that would've helped 6 months ago when my thumb tendon got sliced up. As it happens, Witcher 3 and Monster Hunter Rise are surprisingly playable without only one thumb.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol Gamefreak

https://twitter.com/JeeringBaka/status/1458163248935718914?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds pretty clever tbh.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah that sounds pretty smart, actually. Given how few changes there really are between any two given versions of a Pokemon game, why not just make the game once and then just mark them with an flag that tells the system which version to boot into?

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

It’s clever but it’s also lovely, it means there’s content on the game you purchased that you can’t access without buying another copy. The two version model they use for Pokémon used to be fun when I was in elementary school but now it’s borderline obnoxious.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

It’s clever but it’s also lovely, it means there’s content on the game you purchased that you can’t access without buying another copy. The two version model they use for Pokémon used to be fun when I was in elementary school but now it’s borderline obnoxious.

the games are still made for children, but you grew up. can't be too mad about it imo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

mycophobia posted:

the games are still made for children, but you grew up. can't be too mad about it imo
I think you can be mad at it, cause it doesn't really matter if it's aimed at children or not, when they could just make the game ask you what version you want to play, or just live with encouraging people to trade in the dozen other ways the game does that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

hey at least they don't make you buy the whole game again at full price to get the mid-gen expansion pack anymore

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Smh, some people complaining about two versions of Pokemon being greedy, when they gotta complain about it in two different threads at the same time.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay but it's not great that they're selling the double pack for $119.99 when it's literally same the ROM

hell, that's one cent more than if you just bought the two separately

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m using this case from Tomtoc. It’s super slim, takes up almost no extra space. Tomtoc has a disclaimer that the new OLED switch doesn’t fit perfectly, but my OLED seems to fit just fine. If you’re paranoid, they have an OLED specific version coming out Dec 1.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K3KT3Q4/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You don't have to buy both versions. You never have.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

okay but it's not great that they're selling the double pack for $119.99 when it's literally same the ROM

hell, that's one cent more than if you just bought the two separately

when has it ever not been basically the same rom

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m just glad we have figured out this is good for Nintendo actually

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mycophobia posted:

when has it ever not been basically the same rom

I guess. just seems disrespectful to customers but people buy it I suppose

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since I was young enough to have them bought for me, either, so it's not like I have a dog in the fight

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

mycophobia posted:

Detective No. 27 posted:

These posts are wisdom.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sorry, you just don't understand gamer brain.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay seriously if you wanna discuss the version difference stuff can you please move it to the Pokemon thread? It's taken over two threads now. We don't need a simple flag to differentiate the Switch and Pokemon thread. We put in slightly more work in our poo poo posts.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I never understood those that buy both. Just coordinate with your friends/family, that’s why there’s different versions in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Pokémon Sword was one of the first games I played on Switch and I got to the 3rd gym and realized it was a baby game for little babies and sold it.