Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Was grabbing some toilet paper at Target earlier and decided to ask them if they got any consoles recently. They had one XSX they were loading off the truck that minute and saved it for me.

10 months of asking every week finally paid off lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hell yeah. Enjoy gamer. Quick Resume is a real game changer.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Forza Horizon 5 is one of the prettiest games I've ever played :swoon: I'm pretty bad at the actual racing, but it's real nice to look at!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can turn down the AI difficulty and the only thing that changes is the amount of money you get from the races. Or you can turn it up to get better rewards.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on what to play when your depressed?

Dragon Quest Builders 2. You're surrounded with charming little characters and everything you build makes them happy and you get high fives from your bro when you level up. they give you goals, but you can complete them however makes you feel good.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

UncleGuito posted:

Was grabbing some toilet paper at Target earlier and decided to ask them if they got any consoles recently. They had one XSX they were loading off the truck that minute and saved it for me.

10 months of asking every week finally paid off lol

Nice, I was actually looking at Twitter when Wario64 posted a link to a Costco bundle that I might have actually bought if it were next week.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Does anyone use a Sonos Beam with their XSX? I'm getting noticeable audio lag when using Dolby Digital. All TV settings are set to automatic and not really seeing any other settings to mess with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTAV/Online for Series X launches tonight?

[edit]
Nope, it got delayed to March 2022 it turns out!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

American McGay posted:

You can turn down the AI difficulty and the only thing that changes is the amount of money you get from the races. Or you can turn it up to get better rewards.

You can go even further and turn the speed of the whole game down in the settings, effectively a slow motion mode. Offline only though

https://kotaku.com/forza-horizon-5s-slo-mo-option-is-a-game-changer-1848023100

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, I got the prompt that I had lost several races in a row and did I want to turn the difficulty down to Novice, so I did. Then I promptly came in last place in a Novice race :shepface:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/841397066709860372/907768683584172092/28c51cf5-b9b2-4800-9ee2-0ad01cad915d.mp4

Possibly the greatest horn I have gotten. Playing it near friends making them think they’re actually being called :v:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Welp, said gently caress it. 65" LG OLED C1 being delivered thursday.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I kept thinking "they're going to fly over the roof."

11/10 ending

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never had the option to give my character a prosthetic arm before so I said why not. But now I see it and I can’t help but think she lost it in a car accident and I’m sad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mattfl posted:

You're gonna nut dude.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

univbee posted:

Interestingly, FH5 doesn't give you a performance mode when playing on an Xbox One X like FH4 did, you only get a 30fps mode that's roughly the same visual quality as the Series X's 60fps mode. Game also holds up quite well on a standard Xbox One except hoo boy are the loading times rough.

Going somewhere with working but poor internet tomorrow for up to 5 days, will bring my XB1X and a 1440p travel screen and see how things fare with that.

yeah the loading times are baaaaad. I wish I could get a drat series x already.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

mattfl posted:

Now this is staying winning

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yakuza 0
Doom
Peggle

Which doom?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

yeah the loading times are baaaaad. I wish I could get a drat series x already.

If you think you might be stuck with a last-gen console for a while, an external ssd might help.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

mattfl posted:

Nice, the LG C series is a drat good value. My C9 was discontinued a couple years ago but it's still getting new firmware with fixes and features.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

mattfl posted:

I get my XSX tomorrow finally and Forza is the first thing I'm getting for it. How much awesome visuals am I going to be missing out playing this on my 1080p plasma? Should I just bite the bullet now that I have something next gen and spring for the OLED I've been eyeing for a few years now?

Not a whole lot, in my opinion. Forza Horizon 5 was likely built to look its best at speed. When you're slowing down or stopped (or on-foot in a cutscene, etc.) the textures beyond the car are not all that jaw-dropping. An HDR-supported display would probably do the most good for this game (if the game supports it! I'm playing on my SDR PC monitor.) If your TV is in good shape, then it being a plasma may be enough to get that burst of brightness and color.

Edit:

mattfl posted:

Oh you done did it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mattfl posted:

HELL YEAH

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
costco has the c1 on sale right now and yea, im thinking im buying.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Forza quality mode makes me feel a bit queasy after doing performance mode. I’m completely fine with 30 fps games but this one feels totally off to me

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

UncleGuito posted:

Does anyone use a Sonos Beam with their XSX? I'm getting noticeable audio lag when using Dolby Digital. All TV settings are set to automatic and not really seeing any other settings to mess with.
If it's a Beam Gen2, look up the specifics for your TV's eARC support - the LG CX, for instance, only does it over HDMI2, the rest are regular ARC (and the TV reencodes the DD+ stream, adding to latency). If it's a Gen1, you're boned. Criminal that Sonos doesn't include passthrough in any of their bars.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Which doom?

Any/All. Eternal on easy mode is super fun.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1458269032986013706
seems to be doing alright

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Actually it looks like 2.25 million people payed one dollar for game pass and then shared it with a friend.

Furthermore,

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Forza Horizon 5 is so great. When you hit a cactus at high speed, you get Smactus points. I'm really happy to see the vast majority of players online want a good, clean race. I just bought the premium whatever pack. Gotta have that S209.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

drat. Good for Playground (and XGS in general). Seems very well deserved.

Looking around, FH4 seems to have done 2M players through the early access period + 1 week. To be at more than double that in six fewer days is pretty impressive.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Actually it looks like 2.25 million people payed one dollar for game pass and then shared it with a friend.
I did the game sharing thing for the first time last week and gently caress me, it really does share every license you have. They even got early access for FH5 and preorder DLC for other games.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The opening sequence for FH5 had them saying I was a super star and back from England (referencing FH4) so now I am wondering if people playing FH5 as their first game got different dialog.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Isn't the player's accent Australian? I thought it's trying to establish continuity between 3, 4 and 5, as they've been using the same selection of character models (buncha new ones this time tho)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's an English accent, pretty sure the same person as Horizon 4. Annoyingly IMDB doesn't list the player voices for Horizon 4 so I can't find out for sure.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
:sigh:

Guess I'll clear out some drive space.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ok now I will play it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I’ve never had the option to give my character a prosthetic arm before so I said why not. But now I see it and I can’t help but think she lost it in a car accident and I’m sad.

I've made all my limbs prosthetic because I could.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

I've made all my limbs prosthetic because I could.

Do not drive the machine, bro, become one with it.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 10, 2021

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’m holding off until I “finish” FH4 because I’m brokebrained. Heard you get some special cars or something for playing previous games, even going back to FH3. What’s that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

I did the game sharing thing for the first time last week and gently caress me, it really does share every license you have. They even got early access for FH5 and preorder DLC for other games.

It's a pretty sweet deal if you have a trustworthy friend and a decent internet connection.