Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh man get those parmesan crisps too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

bearded Richard Kind is a sight to behold

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bari weiss name drop by the jewish hulu exec lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

He must have his money in crypto

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Punctuated by a slamming door.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

the show does seem different, but then again I wouldn't want it to be the same always

The whole plot with Netflix and Hulu feels lifted from previous seasons, e.g. when Jason Alexander was on the show and he and Larry shopped their sitcom ideas around to multiple networks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love this dinner table scene since it illustrates why Susie continues to invite Larry to social events (beyond just being Jeffs bread n butter and friend) just funny to his utility in a group for once.

I think this was one of my favourite episodes. I loved the hotdog contest payoff at the end, Larry with a pile of hotdogs in a bib is just a funny image.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Best episode so far this season.

Goebbels is the GOAT lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Milo and POTUS posted:

He must have his money in crypto

jk it's all nerds and nazis

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hello!
I see you!
I acknowledge you!
I connect with you!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao

Jeff and Larry truly deserve each other

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Exactly how I’d imagine a dipshit streaming exec.

Like Vince Vaughn, Patton Oswalt feels too famous to not be playing himself on this show.

I’m enjoying this season more than season 10.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 9, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh lmao, I got that Patton wasn't himself but I thought Vaughn was. IDK why I so readably accept his hotel aspirations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Khanstant posted:

Oh lmao, I got that Patton wasn't himself but I thought Vaughn was. IDK why I so readably accept his hotel aspirations.

Vaughn is playing Freddy Funkhouser, Marty's half-brother.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

This episode was a good one. Dinner table dynamics are a real thing so that was a good bit. Leon's tap water was also a pretty funny idea.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I actually can't remember - did they ever address Bob Einstein's death on the show? Did Funkhouser also die? Or did they ever give a reason for why he's not around anymore?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I think last season they said he's in China or something.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Human Tornada posted:

I think last season they said he's in China or something.

Yeah that's the last time they mentioned him. Thought it was kind of weird they never gave him a proper send off. Maybe an off screen death with a funeral and Larry can steal some flowers from his grave.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t think they’ll kill him off in the show but Vaughn is clearly his replacement.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not a fan of Vaughn but I think he's doing a decent job in this. He had tremendously big shoes to fill but he's still doing alright.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kind of strange that Albert Brooks played himself instead of the Funkhouser brother but I suppose they already introduced Vince Vaughn as the half brother last season so it wouldn't make sense to have another.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I didn't really have an opinion on the saying a goofy dog name out loud thing but I just had to order the "Megan thee stallion hottie sauce" at Popeyes so I think I'm on Larry's side now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can't not say the long "thee" like she's an Olde Times Personne.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How is it supposed to be pronounced? Three without the r?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Watching the bloopers for this show is interesting, because you really get an idea of how much of this is improv.

The scene where Larry is talking to his shrink in S6 and says “are you getting a lot of pussy from me?” And Coogan improvises two different things, and Larry breaks both times.

Then on the third try he improvises “Not an amount that is not manageable” and this one absolutely slays Larry. But it’s the one they used in the final edit, and you can see they cut immediately after “manageable” before Larry corpsed and edited in another response shot of Larry just sitting there nodding, going “hmmm.”

Editing this show and watching all the endless stuff they all come up with has got to be a blast.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 11, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Where are you watching these? I can find some on youtube but nothing on season 1

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was watching S6 outtakes on YouTube. There may not be any on there from S1, though.

e: I see above I wrote S1, I meant S6. Sorry for the confusion that caused.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What's the context for 1:46 again?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m not sure. I’m thinking maybe the director or someone else on set played a joke on Larry and Jeff by having those people stare and smile at them, maybe? But I don’t know.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
If I'm remembering correctly, Larry is very popular with all lesbians in that episode. To demonstrate this they glance around the restaurant at different groups of lesbians looking at him approvingly.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

The

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CH46XZ33eU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, Larry is very popular with all lesbians in that episode. To demonstrate this they glance around the restaurant at different groups of lesbians looking at him approvingly.

Ah, okay. This makes sense then.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Helping a Klansman because he feels bad about spilling coffee on his robe is a stretch even for Larry. That one definitely feels the most like an amusing observation he had ("do Klansmen get their robes dry cleaned?") turned into a plot point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
All celebrities should play themselves on Curb.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Henchman of Santa posted:

Helping a Klansman because he feels bad about spilling coffee on his robe is a stretch even for Larry. That one definitely feels the most like an amusing observation he had ("do Klansmen get their robes dry cleaned?") turned into a plot point.

Yeah, it took me a second to even register that he recognized the robe (instead of not being able to see it clearly because of his eyes) because it felt like a stretch.

Thought it was funny though.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Agreed. Also Susie making the robe because Larry played golf with the rabbi.

Edit: nm missed the payoff in that lol

Tagichatn fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 15, 2021

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
You're gonna look great with breasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

best ep of the season, firing on all cylinders