Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

AmbientParadox posted:

The first Avengers movie with Wolverine (and maybe Storm), will gross 2 billion.

Marvels just starting the characters from the 1980s. There's still tons of characters and arcs that haven't been introduced. I imagine in the next 4-5 years nerds will get hyped for Namor, Spider-woman, Mockingbird, Captain Britain, and D-Man.

I've always been hyped for Namor & Mole Man Conquer the Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Namor is supposed to appear in Black Panther, so one year or whatever.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Toby is too old to do anything physical, I don't see why people'd even want him in the new movie. It would be a disappointment.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Flesnolk posted:

Toby is too old to do anything physical, I don't see why people'd even want him in the new movie. It would be a disappointment.

He's... 46. :raise:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They were already CG-ing him thinner in Spider-Man 3 because he didn't want to work out, but it's not like Tom Holland isn't an animated character for 90% of all the action scenes already anyway.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Tobey should play the biggest douchebag spiderman ever and get killed off

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Let’s see Toby go all Ben Affleck in BvS.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

21 past his useful years.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Toby McGuire's peter parker is already canonically an out of shape spiderman as see in Into the Spiderverse.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ok I liked eternal a lot

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flesnolk posted:

21 past his useful years.

He's got a pretty sweet bulge

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Away all Goats posted:

Toby McGuire's peter parker is already canonically an out of shape spiderman as see in Into the Spiderverse.

No Way Home really is just Spider-verse with less nonwhite people.

Also, fat old broke hobo Spider-man is the best.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Robot Style posted:

They were already CG-ing him thinner in Spider-Man 3 because he didn't want to work out, but it's not like Tom Holland isn't an animated character for 90% of all the action scenes already anyway.

This thread: Kumail Nanjiani shortening his life with all those PEDs to get hero jacked, lol

Also this thread: Tobey Maguire didn't want to get hero jacked in Spidey 3, lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
His trainers told Kumail to just do cardio. He gave himself body dysmorphia for vanity reasons.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jedit posted:

This thread: Kumail Nanjiani shortening his life with all those PEDs to get hero jacked, lol

I mean, didn't Snyder make the guy playing Commissioner Gordon in one of his movies get ripped?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sean10mm posted:

I mean, didn't Snyder make the guy playing Commissioner Gordon in one of his movies get ripped?

No, they just worked out together, and he has been secretly quite ripped for a while but no movie he was in(including justice League) showed it off

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The real jacked Commissioner Gordon was in Arkham Asylum.

Luckily no actors were harmed in this portrayal.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The art in those Arkham games is incredible grotesque. They're fun games but I can't stand them visually.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No, they just worked out together, and he has been secretly quite ripped for a while but no movie he was in(including justice League) showed it off

He was already sorta jacked in Whiplash.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

You mean J. Jonah Jameson?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The art in those Arkham games is incredible grotesque. They're fun games but I can't stand them visually.

They are extremely of their time period, which is late 2000s uber serious no camp allowed edgy boy time where all the women are sexed up prostitutes

It is also, of course, what defined Harley's aesthetic going forward pretty much forever more

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The one that sticks out to me the most is Penguin, who does not wear a monocle, but has the bottom of a glass bottle permanently embedded over his eye.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

The United States posted:

Tobey should play the biggest douchebag spiderman ever and get killed off

He should just dance and flip his hair

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There's a whole YouTube channel featuring videos of Tobey McGuire in the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TobeyintheMCU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Eternals almost put me to sleep. I think the problem is for a movie that sets its stakes at human extinction, there seemed to be only 2 adult human characters in it, and one of them only joined the movie via facetime.

Like, gimme something to care about, not just 10 gods hanging out in pretty outdoor set pieces weeping about humanity for 2 and a half hours. They made humanity such an abstract concept that I didn't really care about Earth by the end, I would've been fine if the space baby hatched and killed us.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Tankbuster posted:

His trainers told Kumail to just do cardio. He gave himself body dysmorphia for vanity reasons.

Might be a get-into-character thing too. Kingo is obsessed with fame after all.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Chairman Capone posted:

There's a whole YouTube channel featuring videos of Tobey McGuire in the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TobeyintheMCU

Yeah but you only need to watch this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2snE-a221Zs

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Jedit posted:

Cute framing, but Maguire's situation was failing to maintain the bodyfat percentage expected of the lead of an action film franchise. Kingo, upon encountering a similar expectation, went off on his own assumedly due to emasculation issues.

Of course, this level of expectation is the zero-level background experience of everyday women.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

KVeezy3 posted:

Cute framing, but Maguire's situation was failing to maintain the bodyfat percentage expected of the lead of an action film franchise. Kingo, upon encountering a similar expectation, went off on his own assumedly due to emasculation issues.

Of course, this level of expectation is the zero-level background experience of everyday women.

Nice.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

smoobles posted:

Like, gimme something to care about, not just 10 gods hanging out in pretty outdoor set pieces weeping about humanity for 2 and a half hours. They made humanity such an abstract concept that I didn't really care about Earth by the end, I would've been fine if the space baby hatched and killed us.

This description makes it sound like they tried to make Twitter's version of a DC movie lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The only thing I kinda liked about Eternals was the pro-abortion subtext.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

sean10mm posted:

J.K. Simmons felt frumpy and out of shape when he was doing Oz, so he decided to get jacked. And he's been lowkey jacked ever since.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crazysim posted:

Might be a get-into-character thing too. Kingo is obsessed with fame after all.

as it turns out kingo became famous after all.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

there's too much fuckin' peds in me.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's so funny though to imagine Zack Snyder forcing 60+ year old JK Simmons to bulk up for his three scenes in a thick jacket

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Jedit posted:

A couple of comments on Doronin's post, spoiler spec for future movies based on the post-credits scenes:

Pip and Eros are probably a link to Guardians 3, not what comes after. They're regular companions of Adam Warlock, who has been teased in both Guardians movies so far.

Blade and Dane Whitman have a connection in comics - they're both members of MI13, the British intelligence agency that handles superpowered, magical and extra-dimensional threats. That latter is certainly going to be a big part of Phases 4 and 5. Every Marvel fan in the UK is now hoping that this is leading up to a Captain Britain movie or TV series. An MI13 series would probably work better, to be honest. But it is to be hoped that it happens, because the amount of gammon piss that will be boiled if a Muslim woman gets to wield Excalibur could fill the oceans of the world.

Likewise spoiler'ing my post...

I hope that's the case. I think adding Pip and Eros to that ensemble would be a ton of fun, especially if he brings an Eternal or two along for the ride. I have incredibly high expectations for what Harry Styles brings to the table there. For a moment I thought it would have been awesome if they cast Glenn Howerton instead, but I think it would have fallen apart as "Dennis is in the MCU," and probably wouldn't have actually worked. But Dennis is basically Starfox, so maybe? Either way, I can't wait to see this version of Eros again.

And I'd poo poo myself if an MI13 show or movie was announced. The whole concept around that was always awesome to me, and if that means getting Captain Britain involved at some point, even better. But I'm with you, I also kind of want to see the ragefest if/when Faiza Hussain picks it up. We know the sword is hanging around the Domo at least, but it would cause an uproar if it came to life in the MCU.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

2house2fly posted:

It's so funny though to imagine Zack Snyder forcing 60+ year old JK Simmons to bulk up for his three scenes in a thick jacket

Please don't mock people's fetishes, even incredibly specific ones involving feeding anabolic steroids to a specific well known character actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jedit posted:

haha, this thread reacts differently to different things. hilarious.

KVeezy3 posted:

Apparently this was a common thing on OZ after the first season. They all saw themselves in the shower scenes and thought 'poo poo, gotta get in shape'