Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

expected to have to play a bit to unlock some hyper cars but it appears that I've been "gifted" a Senna right off the bat. okay then

sometimes I miss Gran Turismo 3 when you had to putt around in a Miata for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Is drifting the same, better or worse in this new not motorsport game?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

Is drifting the same, better or worse in this new not motorsport game?

easier would be the word. you can do drift zones in an automatic now.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yes, the Senna is a loyalty reward for playing FH4. I also got a Lambo and a Porsche for playing FH3 and FM7.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/notquitereal/status/1458258756995850241

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yesterday there were 1.3m people on the leaderboard. Today there are 4.46m

Also, one of the street racing acolades is for the 77 Aston which isn't in the game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

explosivo posted:

Try the admin mode thing; you can make a shortcut on your desktop by right clicking the icon in the gamepass app. Launch that shortcut as admin and see if that clears it up. It didn't fix it 100% for me but did let me play for a couple hours with no issues.

Just tried it, no dice crashed within 30 seconds lol

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
haha the electric Porsche with the upgraded motor is scary.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm really digging this game so far and wanna race around with goons. The co-op in this is good right? But it seems to be locked?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

You need to progress the main story enough to unlock co-op, I believe. Doesn't take too long.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sent a request as Zilcoe to GRCC

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I hope whoever put "socks" into this game as a collectible group of items, then sandwiched them in between supercars in wheel spins feels like an rear end in a top hat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are the convoys just hosed tonight because of the servers? My friends and I kept phasing in and out driving around the map despite still showing up on the minimap.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

explosivo posted:

Are the convoys just hosed tonight because of the servers? My friends and I kept phasing in and out driving around the map despite still showing up on the minimap.

Yeah I think demand is just too high right now. I kept getting disconnected pretty much after every event. So I just drove around looking at stuff, did find a barn with a f100 in it.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
So far so fun. My 5% cars in case anyone needs ideas:

D: That ford truck with six wheels (autoshow) downhill offroad 10 gears
C: Celica GT4 (accolade?) on the little caldera dirt track
B: Alpine 2017 (season reward) on a small road course up in the hills
A: Exocet (autoshow) on the Baja circuit
S1: The starting corvette tuned up on the Horizon Circuit
S2: BAC Mono (early on fesival expansion reward?) on one of those teensy street circuits

Also getting disconnected after nearly every race. Senna loyalty reward and wheelspun an Apollo of all things so I have supercars to solve while busy not getting online

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I was avoiding the thread because I didn't want to see spoilers for a racing game lol

Game rules. And for once, I think I'm going to get through the unskippable cutscene and first races without the game crashing to desktop and forcing me to start it over. It's tradition from Horizon 3 and 4.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Are other peoples designs restricted to the car that they were made for? Or can I download a design and slap it on any car I want?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My Jeep came with a free Enzo. Thanks game!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I just logged in and got a message I was refunded 10 mastery points. Anyone else?

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
If anyone wants to do co-op or convoy or whatever the gently caress it's called my XBL name is dantepickies

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

GreatGreen posted:

I hope whoever put "socks" into this game as a collectible group of items, then sandwiched them in between supercars in wheel spins feels like an rear end in a top hat.
Hate it every time the wheelspin misses cool socks and lands on some fuckin car I could just buy

quote:

Rat knew he was too small to win the race, but he was clever so he hitched a ride on top of Bull instead. Bull used his superior bulk to push through the milky way and shove aside the other competitors. However, before he could cross the finish line, Rat jumped off of his head and finished first. Hence why the Chinese calendar starts with the Year of the Rat, then goes to the Year of the Bull.
lmao

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Does anyone know how come when you put a car up for auction, sometimes it just seems to get a random player-made livery slapped on it? Or are the livery makers painting other peoples cars on purpose somehow? I couldn't find any option like that in the auction house menus

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Chasiubao posted:

Are other peoples designs restricted to the car that they were made for? Or can I download a design and slap it on any car I want?

No the designs are for specific models only if it's downloaded as a Vehicle Design.

Vinyl Layers that you download can go on any vehicle though.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Decided to pick my name instead of a nickname for once, and got greeted with uh-LIE-suh. Wtf man :(

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Got all my 5% cars without following any goon tips or guidance; I'd already had A and C without even going for it. :smug:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just want them to add a button that dumps me into a random AI race with a random but appropriate car for the series. Please.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fuuuuuuck youuuuuu gammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
"Welcome back, Cupcake"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if you don't want crappy socks etc in your wheelspins just buy them before, unlike cars you can't have duplicate clothing :eng101:

also they started cracking down on the 50 laps farming, you can't change the laps in the editor anymore and they reduced the laps of existing custom runs

there still are some 50s, you need to check with "properties" if they actually have the laps that are advertised

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

What is it about these forza pc games that just refuse to cooperate with me? have had trouble with every single FM and FH game since FM6 apex across multiple PCs. super frustrating was really hoping the move to steam was gonna improve stability. tried disabling internet, and anti virus, tried stopping the nahimic service, tried admin, sometimes it works fine for like an hour and then freezes, sometimes it just freezes repeatedly as soon as I get out of the festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkz8GGZlzKs&t=27s

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Been gifting a good dozen of Willys, magnificently clad in the Barbie paint job. Those lucky players will be thrilled when they get those as a reward after finally cracking the Hall of Fame!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

What is it about these forza pc games that just refuse to cooperate with me? have had trouble with every single FM and FH game since FM6 apex across multiple PCs. super frustrating was really hoping the move to steam was gonna improve stability. tried disabling internet, and anti virus, tried stopping the nahimic service, tried admin, sometimes it works fine for like an hour and then freezes, sometimes it just freezes repeatedly as soon as I get out of the festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkz8GGZlzKs&t=27s

do you have it installed on a SSD? i find it necessary for these games

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

flatluigi posted:

do you have it installed on a SSD? i find it necessary for these games

Yes, an xpg gammix s11 pro 2tb nvme, also have a 3070, 8700k, 32gb ddr3200, w10, and up to date gpu drivers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I had to do this just to say i done it.

not proud of some of the things i did to get there, like paying full retail for a car.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It won’t let me complete the seasonal jump near the observatory. I’ve met the car requirements but it always says I’m 1m short regardless of what distance I land over the actual target.

What gives?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So the super wheelspin the other night that gave me two vauxhalls, well apparently the game saw that as a glitch and removed the other one, as I found out when I went to gift one

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There was a known bug where some jumps were unwinnable but not sure if that was one of them.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

hexwren posted:

So the super wheelspin the other night that gave me two vauxhalls, well apparently the game saw that as a glitch and removed the other one, as I found out when I went to gift one

There is a known bug listed in the "known bugs list" that says that sometimes when you win more than 1 car in a super spin you only get 1 car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/osamadorias/status/1458155702871072769?t=RYgqBEsYXWrTBztNUBCqtg&s=19

Good job The West.