Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played more FFVII last night.

Finally saw the scene and now know how wrong I was and also how much I need to stop a man who wants to become a planet.

I also went to Bone Town to dig for fossils, snowboarded into snow moogles and ran around a wintry tundra passing out every few minutes and finally grabbing a summon named Alexdander, capping the whole thing off with a climb up a mountain.

Going to start calling it Final Fantastic VII :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's my birthday today. :kiddo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VG saw The Spoiler and now his heart is black and twisted like the rest of us

e: Happy birthday Isci! :toot:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which character did VG end up going on a date with

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

I said come in! posted:

Happy birthday dude, no sweets, and no videogames, and be in bed AND asleep by 10pm

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

I said come in! posted:

heyyyyy mines in 3 days we're scorpio pals

I hope you are fulfilled and get to enjoy good video games

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

I think I've only ever seen the Ringo version, so I don't know if the actual script is any different between them but I remember it just sounding real funny hearing Ringo's voice just complaining a bunch about how he's not appreciated enough for reading stories to his kid

It’s the same script entirely from what I understand. I grew up with the Alan Thicke version, and even though I barely remember it, Ringo’s narration feels just.. off to me, haha. And hearing Dustin Hoffman do it, even just as a sample, is slightly mindbending lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I said come in! posted:

happy birthday :toot:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Happppy birthday! :D

FirstAidKite posted:

Which character did VG end up going on a date with

Aerith :) I did the play properly too because it was fun to imagine this is the more opened up Cloud who has learned to be kind to his friends and not be so rude all time time compared to the start of the game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

happy birthday i said come in! !!!!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Happy birthday!! :D

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

heyyyyy mines in 3 days we're scorpio pals

I hope you are fulfilled and get to enjoy good video games

Metis of the Hallways posted:

happy birthday i said come in! !!!!

happy birthday my fellow scorpios and metis!!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've never been able to get into Stardew. The "life sim" or whatever I like is Animal Crossing because I can play it without my brain

I do like smooching animes though maybe I'll get the gay Rune Factory

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

wuggles posted:

I've never been able to get into Stardew. The "life sim" or whatever I like is Animal Crossing because I can play it without my brain

This is like saying "i couldn't get into sandwhiches but this plain dry bread is tasty"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

animal crossing is win

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Games are fun and I like playing them.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Games are fun and I like playing them.

Nerd

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Growing up on a farm: nothing at all like Stardew Valley they’re lying to you it sucks rear end!!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Are you telling me they don't really have chocolate milk cows

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This is like saying "i couldn't get into sandwhiches but this plain dry bread is tasty"

Yeah that's what I'm saying

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Everyone here talking about Stardew Valley, but no mention of Honeydew Melon.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeVZHl9akU&t=1s

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is Sakuna of rice and ruin good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Boba Pearl posted:

Yes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Happy birthday!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I said come in! posted:

Happy birthday! I hope good things happen to you today.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Boba Pearl posted:

When you first start it it looks like it is a side scrolling action platformer, where it actually turns out to be a very involved rice growing simulator

Also your weapons for the combat parts are farm implements because you are a harvest goddess lol

Also also you can dual wield https://twitter.com/canyoupetthedog/status/1407755491044954118

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

God what went so loving wrong with that game? Ugly character models, a story that took itself way too seriously, and no goofy fun series like Dr. Slump, Bobobo or Gintama

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cause it's a dime a dozen anime arena fighter that has become the norm in recent years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most have decency to try and look like the anime/manga versions though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Never even heard of Jump Force before that tweet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Smash Bros, but Shonen Jump characters in an arena

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Smash Bros, but Shonen Jump characters in an arena

Monkey's paw: it's also got no VA like the Nick Smash clonse

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Monkey's paw: it's also got no VA like the Nick Smash clonse

Jump Force has VA. Are you thinking about Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, which actually have a justifiable reason for no VA due to being on the DS

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Jump Force has VA. Are you thinking about Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, which actually have a justifiable reason for no VA due to being on the DS

No I was making a joking about a theoretical smash clone with Shonen Jump character but it also didn't have any VA like the Nick Smash game hth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No I was making a joking about a theoretical smash clone with Shonen Jump character but it also didn't have any VA like the Nick Smash game hth

Thank you for clearing this up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Thank you for clearing this up

Explaining jokes that don't land is my specialty

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

because it happens a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

because it happens a lot

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Explaining jokes that don't land is my specialty

Please explain the reason for this weird double post