Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mycophobia posted:

shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

^^ Yeah!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I got the eighth johto badge in heartgold then never played a mainline pokemon game again for more than an hour or two

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

"This is the funniest poo poo I've seen in years"

I feel bad for your life.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I personally feel Dread's overrated

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Barreft posted:

I personally feel Dread's overrated

It's 2D so it should have been $15 at best

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

It's 2D so it should have been $15 at best

you can beat it in less than 2 hours. $15 is stretching it, I feel $10

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zurtilik posted:

Bring Dragon Quest Monsters back!

DQM is so much better than Pokemon and it's a crime that the series never hit mass appeal. The insane breeding system probably didn't help.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Barreft posted:

you can beat it in less than 2 hours. $15 is stretching it, I feel $10

You can also beat Breath of the Wild in under an hour, so that game should be at most $5.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario 64 can be beaten in three minutes.
Nintendo should pay us to play it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Playing FFx-2 and I dunno if my split pad pro is set to turbo on A, but this is awesome just holding the A button down and letting the girls attack. weed left hand, right thumb other. murica baby

easy grind

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

X-2 has the distinction of being fun, goofy and extremely easy to become OP in like the first three hours.

Or get a certain setup going overnight and have giga White Mages that can do everything.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zurtilik posted:

Bring Rocket Slime back!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

X-2 has the distinction of being fun, goofy and extremely easy to become OP in like the first three hours.

Or get a certain setup going overnight and have giga White Mages that can do everything.

Details? There's too many good games so I'd like to blitz through this.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since I was young enough to have them bought for me, either, so it's not like I have a dog in the fight
:same:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked heartgold but i liked the insane amount of money the used game shop gave me for it even more

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Barreft posted:

Details? There's too many good games so I'd like to blitz through this.

Imagine an idol group going on a fantasy adventure after saving the world.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zurtilik posted:

Bring Dragon Quest Monsters back!

flavor.flv posted:

Bring Rocket Slime back!
Already done
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/connectank-switch/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFQ9g4tU1xI

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Close, but you can't make your Slime grab a sword, get out of the tank and raid the gently caress out of the other tank, can you?

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

drat I’m enjoying Metroid Dread but I’m just hoping the difficulty doesn’t ramp up too much as I (embarrassingly) struggled with the first boss. :blush:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Barreft posted:

Hey 100 how are your thoughts now this far into FFX?

I was going to play again but the unskippable cutscenes pushed me to actually play FFX-2 for the first time and I'm liking it. I miss Blitzball though.

My vacation ended so I only got as far as Djose at the moment. I'll probably sink a couple more hours in this weekend. I'm enjoying it and sticking with it. The cutscenes are fine with me, as I've never seen them. They're a moment to drink some water, pet the cat, check my phone, but honestly they're not bad. Like they're interesting enough. The battling is still a lot of fun and the cast is good.

I want to sink my teeth into Blitzball a bit more, but the game seems like it's pretty on rails atm, so I want it to open up a bit. Like not full map access, just getting out of Midgar access. I figure that shouldn't be long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yung lambic posted:

drat I’m enjoying Metroid Dread but I’m just hoping the difficulty doesn’t ramp up too much as I (embarrassingly) struggled with the first boss. :blush:

It’s very very easy compared to most Metroidvanias. I beat it without jumping once.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

lmfao true kings of the grift

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want to sink my teeth into Blitzball a bit more, but the game seems like it's pretty on rails atm, so I want it to open up a bit. Like not full map access, just getting out of Midgar access. I figure that shouldn't be long.

you're out of luck there. you're going to be on rails til very close to the endgame.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gold turlets

marble chandeliers

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

yung lambic posted:

I died lots at every boss but eventually I learned their patterns and succeeded. You'll get em don't worry!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

yung lambic posted:

In "Adams" voice: First boss is the hardest. You get powerups down the line, the game gets easier and easier.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

:sickos:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Everyone shut up, your new God has arrived

https://youtu.be/c3BUUEe55Tw

quote:

Like some other third-party controllers it looks like it'll be wired-only too, which isn't surprising but should be kept in mind. So it'll be wired and naturally still won't have rumble, motion controls etc.

Still useless, got my hopes up for nothing. I hope they're wrong or that changes.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 10, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:frogsiren::devil::black101::yeshaha::catholic::goku::discourse::piss::bisonyes::rms::frogsiren:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I ordered from GameStop and I haven't got the shipping notice yet

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rodney The Yam II posted:

I died lots at every boss but eventually I learned their patterns and succeeded. You'll get em don't worry!

I've honestly found Metroid Dread frustrating at times. The devs don't seem to get that projectile attacks from bosses are meant to be minor nuisances (if not shootable for ammo and health) rather than serious threats, and fights like Kraid's are less fun than they could be because you get stuck dealing with what should be minor hits instead carving off entire energy tanks The belly shots in Kraid's case. The only times projectiles have been shootable is when they're clearly pulling from older games; Kraid's nails, and the Ring Beams on the Mother Brain-esque core units. Some of the later bosses also wear out their welcome because they REALLY want you to hit that counter attack to dump damage into them, and if you gently caress up that chance it just drags out the fight considerably as the entire phase repeats for another go rather than just being a cool extra thing you can do. I'm at Raven Beak and it's a slog of a fight because of how long it feels just to get to that second phase... and then there's a third phase on top of that all wearing you down with gently caress-all recovery items given. I swear someone selected the quantity of health drops in a boss fight based off looking at prior Metroid games, and nobody told them that Dread bosses hit much harder on-average. What you get back isn't going to account for even a single extra hit.

I'm at the final boss and I can only really say I mostly like Dread. It's overall a good game, but I'm hoping they learn from this one to do even better for the next. One of their other big problems is someone in their level design loves arbitrary one-way passages and while it's fine while following the breadcrumb trail to the next upgrade or boss it's utterly tedious having to circle around a big chunk of the map because one door arbitrarily shuts behind you or a Grapple/Wave Beam block has landed in a place that blocks off an old route.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I ordered from GameStop and I haven't got the shipping notice yet

I cancelled my GameStop order because they don't ship until the release day and want an absurd amount for day one shipping, at least from my experience.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

I always the difference between pokermans games was one would have half of the pocketmens and the other game had the other half of the porkrangoons

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dear thread, please don't post like this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When my mom bought me Pokémon Red I was in the 5th grade. After feverish play for a month, the battery in the cartridge fried and I could no longer save my game. My mom gave me permission to call Nintendo and the woman at the customer service center was like “please mail us your cartridge” so I put it in a regular rear end envelope with a couple stamps and mailed it to Nintendo of America.

A week later they sent me a copy of Pokémon Red, but not in a regular box, and when I booted it up it had a completed save file but I had all 150 Pokémon + Mew, and like literally dozens of copies of some of the weaker mons. I had like 15 Weedle and 35 Geodude and 30 Zubat. I had 99 Rare Candy, 99 Masterballs, and two Mews, one with cool Mew Moves, and one that had Hyperbeam, Fire Blast, and Splash.

I would then go on to claim that I was the first kid in school to catch all 151 Pokémon for the rest of my life.

I’m assuming Nintendo have a dev tool for adding Pokémon and items but I like to imagine they plugged my cartridge into an early Pokémon bot and they just have a computer beat the game in super speed overnight and you get all the monsters it tirelessly farms.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I actually loved Pokemon up until and including Gen 7 but it's hard to come up with concrete reasons why Gen 8 turned me off from the series and then this Diamond/Pearl remake looks like it was phoned in. This is a Gamefreak problem and not so much a Nintendo one, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I actually loved Pokemon up until and including Gen 7 but it's hard to come up with concrete reasons why Gen 8 turned me off from the series and then this Diamond/Pearl remake looks like it was phoned in. This is a Gamefreak problem and not so much a Nintendo one, though.

Honestly with everything I've seen and heard on the Diamond/Pearl remake I'm starting to think they just did it as a cash grab to fund Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
gen 8 is win