Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's amazing how COP26 has shown just how much Australia wants to just gently caress the planet and kill everything

like cartoon villains or actual demonic forces just seeking destruction

Pretty much our entire government is literal Captain Planet villains and anyone who isn't gets couped by the CIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's amazing how COP26 has shown just how much Australia wants to just gently caress the planet and kill everything

in order to demonstrate the intellectual rigor required to be the long-serving foreign minister of this blasted hellscape, Downer there read a headline that said that, and not the line under it that said "1600 Scots"

just read the headline, tweeted it, sat back smugly like "that'll show that drat Greta Thunberg, how dare she have opinions"

Memento has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Nov 10, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Memento posted:

in order to demonstrate the intellectual rigor required to be the long-serving foreign minister of this blasted hellscape, Downer there read a headline that said that, and not the line under it that said "1600 Scots"

Well, the rest of them aren't true Scots.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Notable that this was the piece of poo poo who was the Australian Foreign minister when Australia planted bugs in the prime minister's office in East Timor in order to give us an edge on negotiations over oil and gas rights.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Just a late reminder that activision blizzard is a poo poo company and you shouldn't buy their products even if they involve killing nazis.
Don't give those fucks a single cent.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Regarde Aduck posted:

You know that old joke about how everything in Australia wants to kill you? What, did you think we were just talking about the wildlife?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't that the one set in the 80s where Ronald Reagan would respect your pronouns, because lol

The irony being at that point in his life, Reagan’s brain had so many holes in it he was struggling to understand verbs, let along loving pronouns…

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Getting dunked on by a guy with an NFT avatar, I don't know who to root for

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/wolfofwallst/status/1457785625130663941?s=20

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Scroll through the replies and take a look at all the different things people are shilling... Wow.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

They didn't say change for the better

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!

Glad to know The Wolf of Wall Street is back helping change people's lives.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Nothing inspires trust like an endorsement from the guy who scammed so many people they made a film about him called the best scammer in scam street

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Nov 10, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If life in the future has taught me anything it's that scammers never lose because everyone loves and trusts them

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It's kind of stunning listening to podcasts like Behind the Bastards, waiting for horrible people to get their comeuppance and it just... never happens.

The recent ones I listened to were the Japanese war criminal Nobusuke Kishi who was allowed to create Japan's postwar political system along with the party which has been in power for 62 of the last 66 years, and Steven Seagal, whose massive string of sexual assaults lead up to his current status of Russia's special envoy to the USA.

Just enormous quantities of evil, for which they're never held to account. They just quietly die at some ridiculous old age, eventually.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Scroll through the replies and take a look at all the different things people are shilling... Wow.

For a bunch of "disruptors" they all love their lovely randomly generated GAIA avatars a lot. Like at least tokenize something GOOD? Why's it all gotta be hideous avatars?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fishstick posted:

For a bunch of "disruptors" they all love their lovely randomly generated GAIA avatars a lot. Like at least tokenize something GOOD? Why's it all gotta be hideous avatars?

No one else can seriously challenge your ownership of the art if no one else wants the art! It's a flawless plan.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1458436436630274048

If only.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Isn't that the idiot that makes Dilbert comics?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Nah man dilbert is by shadow and chug of power up comics

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You either die a Dilbert, or live to see yourself become the pointy-haired boss

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm Snoopy's desert brother Spike

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/8thDegreeSavage/status/1458335484531261443

oh this school is going to go down in flames hard.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
professors "may elect" to sleep with their students

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Will you gently caress the undergrad? [ ] Yes [ ] No

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

nurmie posted:

. unless you're a psychopath or a nazi, of course

i think they’re american soldiers so a lil of column a lil of column b

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/Docstockk/status/1457698027720876032?t=6vXiuYk_yHaOu5DNDc6F7A&s=19

lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Who are these people and why are they verified

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Only a libertarian "academic" would say something like "I accepted with alacrity". jfc

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elephant Ambush posted:

Only a libertarian "academic" would say something like "I accepted with alacrity". jfc

Why yes, my good sir, I shall accept with alacrity. How will this interact with the NAP, if I might ask? Those University of Texas ruffians are likely to cause a ruckus.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fishstick posted:

Hey. At least on Gaia Online you could customise your little image and give them fun outfits. Don't disparage Gaia like that. :colbert:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gort posted:

It's kind of stunning listening to podcasts like Behind the Bastards, waiting for horrible people to get their comeuppance and it just... never happens.

The recent ones I listened to were the Japanese war criminal Nobusuke Kishi who was allowed to create Japan's postwar political system along with the party which has been in power for 62 of the last 66 years, and Steven Seagal, whose massive string of sexual assaults lead up to his current status of Russia's special envoy to the USA.

Just enormous quantities of evil, for which they're never held to account. They just quietly die at some ridiculous old age, eventually.

Henry Kissinger is still alive.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Heath posted:

Who are these people and why are they verified
Kathleen Stock, OBE is a trustee of the LGB Alliance and former professor of philosophy at Sussex University who quite recently took her ball with her and went home because of her commitment to academic free speech¹. She is one of the most prominent voices of transphobia in academia and a gigantic whinging pissbaby.

¹ except where that freedom is exercised by students or academics who do not agree with her, in which case it is harassment and censorship

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I cannot but parse "free inquiry" as "nobody is allowed to tell me to go away and stop bothering them with stupid questions"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

OwlFancier posted:

I cannot but parse "free inquiry" as "nobody is allowed to tell me to go away and stop bothering them with stupid questions"

Remember. There's a lot of people that believe that the existence of LGBT people in public life is a violation of their personal freedoms.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I think you're on to something!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OwlFancier posted:

Centrists have one policy in common: It should be illegal to yell at me on Twitter.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I think you're on to something!

Why am I hearing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Memento posted:

Spec Ops: The Line was pretty good in its portrayal of burning people alive with white phosphorous. As in, it makes it very clear you're a loving monster for doing it, and also that doing it irrevocably broke your brain.

What I didn’t like about Spec Ops: The Line is it doesn’t give you a choice about using the white phosphorus and then basically tells you you’re a monster for playing the game and the moral choice was to turn the game off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah it didn’t let you game the system and it made nerds mad