Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

How is Ntcham doing for you incidentally, is he still a lazy wasteman.

Also Gerrard's done a very good job even if last season was obviously a bit of a freak occurrence, I'll be quite happy to see him go south and for Graeme Murty to once again enter the stage of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Her Dryer posted:

Also Gerrard's done a very good job even if last season was obviously a bit of a freak occurrence, I'll be quite happy to see him go south and for Graeme Murty to once again enter the stage of history.

He’d beat you standing on his head

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

He’d beat you standing on his head

For context:

The good old days...

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1458373763855261696

kill me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:lol:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WestHam/status/1458419174200512522

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Her Dryer posted:

He's done alright. Looks like a very talented player who isn't quite fit, and hasn't had a long enough run of starts to let people realise that's the best he gets. Doesn't have to so any defending in our system. Being outshone by Jamie Paterson.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

I put Stevie's advanced managerial stats into an SPL to prem converter and the machine is giving off sparks and printing off 'aston villa win the league' over and over

Hell I'm convinced, bring him in

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

What's the point of a top 5 list for talksport if you don't put yourself as the number one manager. Do better Colin

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Less than ideal imo.
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1458464332635848714

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

He’s basically right

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

He’s basically right

Except hes basically wrong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Top five Premier League managers of all time:

1. Jurgen Klopp
2. Rafa Benitez
3. Brendan Rodgers
4. Kenny Dalglish
5. Gerard Houllier

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I mean it's Fergie - Wenger - Mou and then you can put up a thousand arguments for whatever comes next but the first three are 100% locked in

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

I mean it's Fergie - Wenger - Mou and then you can put up a thousand arguments for whatever comes next but the first three are 100% locked in

Could argue that Mou is above Wenger tbh. But its pretty close.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That post has a billion man utd fans melting down in the comments so I appreciate Warnock even more

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CyberPingu posted:

Could argue that Mou is above Wenger tbh. But its pretty close.

Wenger wins for longevity, building more than one successful team, competing with (relatively) limited resources etc. As well as his impact on the professionalism of the league as a whole.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

It's pretty surreal how signing a couple of decent Czech players two years ago has led directly to this.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The idea of someone even remotely familiar with the premier league putting someone other than Ferguson first is stupefying.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol at crying Manchester united fans tbqh

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

It's pretty surreal how signing a couple of decent Czech players two years ago has led directly to this.

I'm certain it's not true but I *love* the rumour that the whole deal kicked off because Sullivan confused Slavia Prague (the club we got Soucek and Coufal from) and Sparta Prague (the club Kretinsky owns) and rung up the latter to discuss a feeder club arrangement.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Lol at crying Manchester united fans tbqh

It’s very good

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i swear scottish prem is the weirdest goddamn thing

also apparently there's a team in the league from a town called "dingwall" with a 6500 capacity stadium, which is weird because dingwall's population is only 5400

anyway everything about that is great

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm sure the right-wing Czech fellas will fit like a glove at WH

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

also apparently there's a team in the league from a town called "dingwall" with a 6500 capacity stadium, which is weird because dingwall's population is only 5400

Ross County and Inverness CT are the only professional clubs in the Highlands though. I remember a thing in WSC about Caledonian, as were, having "local" fans - that is fans for whom they were the closest professional club - who had to drive like 3 hours to get to their games.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

The idea of someone even remotely familiar with the premier league putting someone other than Ferguson first is stupefying.

Apparently Warnock blames Ferguson for one of his relegations because Man Utd lost a game in the last round of the season or something like that

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Apparently Warnock blames Ferguson for one of his relegations because Man Utd lost a game in the last round of the season or something like that

that alone should push Ferguson up at least three places

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Ross County and Inverness CT are the only professional clubs in the Highlands though. I remember a thing in WSC about Caledonian, as were, having "local" fans - that is fans for whom they were the closest professional club - who had to drive like 3 hours to get to their games.

There are supporters clubs for the central belt teams in Wick. Who drive to games.

Anyway here’s a report on Gala Fairydean Rovers and their stadium of national importance;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...tectural-genius

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

bewbies posted:

Forest Green Rovers in League Two are building a 5000 capacity stadium for a town of ~6000 which is not bad either. Numbers make slightly more sense if you include Stroud as well as Nailsworth but still.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the Premier League thread, mind.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Warnock's just being spiteful. He used to slag Arsenal every time he played them for being soft.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems notable.
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1458517242715545604

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
lol I thought that was a joke

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

bewbies posted:

lol I thought that was a joke

It might prove to be

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The compensation figure is taken from his first contract and not the extension, apparently it’s around £6m for Gerrard according to people closer to the club

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Not sure how to feel about Gerrard tbh. Yeah he's done well in the SPL but it's the loving SPL. I don't think he's an improvement on Smith.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

blue footed boobie posted:

He’s a big dingus who constantly fell out with good players, got to lean on advantages over other clubs Pep could only dream about, and worst of all demanded the club appoint David Moyes and for that alone he cannot have the top spot

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Feel like the Moyes dig would land better if United were level with City on points instead of Brighton

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

He’s a big dingus who constantly fell out with good players, got to lean on advantages over other clubs Pep could only dream about, and worst of all demanded the club appoint David Moyes and for that alone he cannot have the top spot

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He's a miserable turd who loved nothing more than personally ruining my weekend with his watch-tapping antics but he did alright. Part of me feels like taking that ropey as gently caress team in 2013 and winning his last league title by 11 points is the achievement he should be most remembered for rather than the Unpleasantness in '99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s a stupid old oval office hahaha