Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyberpunk owned so i hope Elden Ring is as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm a few hours into Fable II and dear god is it slow. So far I've done a whole prologue section, a super basic tutorial dungeon, killed a few bandits and then spent 2 hours exploring the first proper town and forging swords, gambling, buying hot clothes, getting a haircut, hitting on random villagers and doing community service after I was caught stealing instead of advancing the plot, which is still moving like molasses. The whole vibe I get from this game is it's Babby's First RPG that you give to your kid cause their too young to understand Elder Scrolls.

Also my dog is injured but I don't know where to get potions to heal him. He has a booboo and good dogs shouldn't have booboos :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lmao was thinking exactly about cyberpunk when i wrote that post

I got you king

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i don't mean this as a pejorative but i've always view the fable games as being rpgs for people who like the Sims - tons of focus on side activities, owning and customizing property, making NPCs like you, stuff like that. I never really got into them but I can see the appeal. i played through 1 and 2 and the combat and story are nothing to write home about but they are nice games to just hang out and live in if they grab you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I think I shall replay Bully

Never a bad plan

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In all fairness, who has ever written to their mom about a video game's combat or story.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rarity posted:

VG revelaed he's not played a single Metal Gear during last night's stream. I was shocked and appalled!

VG it's time to play all the Metal Gear Solids and also Rising

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looper posted:

shadow tower, lost kingdoms 2, eternal ring, echo night, or kings field

I'm also sitting over here in the play echo night corner, both the first and second games were very good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

VG it's time to play all the Metal Gear Solids and also Rising

If they re-release MGS and the sequels, then I vow to do this.
I do own Revengeance and MGSV complete.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

redreader posted:

I played p3p, p4g, persona 5 and maybe a devil summoner or some other ds game. I also played Strange Journey and liked it a lot until someone stole my DS. I didn't play nocturne. I got SMTIV, the original on 2ds, and after my second try at the game I think I got out of the very tough tutorial dungeon. Everyone's raving about SMTV and I figure I shouldn't play it if I haven't played/enjoyed IV? Should I give IV another go? I know everyone raves about SMTIV: apocalypse but isn't that a follow-on from the original SMTIV?

edit: happy birthday to all of the birthday havers from this week!

wrong you should play nocturne and then 5 and forget about 4 ever existing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

i think the parts of sekiro where you finally get to fight the snake, when you get the second bell that shows you what actually happened at the hirata estate and end up fighting your dad again with the training wheels off and seeing the fountainhead palace for the first time are all pretty sick and comparable

this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

redreader posted:

I played p3p, p4g, persona 5 and maybe a devil summoner or some other ds game. I also played Strange Journey and liked it a lot until someone stole my DS. I didn't play nocturne. I got SMTIV, the original on 2ds, and after my second try at the game I think I got out of the very tough tutorial dungeon. Everyone's raving about SMTV and I figure I shouldn't play it if I haven't played/enjoyed IV? Should I give IV another go? I know everyone raves about SMTIV: apocalypse but isn't that a follow-on from the original SMTIV?

smt4 is good, smt4a is also good. smt5 will be good too. follow your heart.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 10, 2021

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Finished AI: the somnium files this past weekend. Game is pretty good and I enjoyed the story, but it is really unforgivably horny to the point where I honestly cannot in good faith recommend anyone play it. Shame.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the horniness is actually why it is highly recommended

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The SMTIV Duology is about as good as Nocturne I’d say. What it loses in atmosphere it makes up for in battle mechanics and music though that last one may be controversial

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll do what thehoodie can't, and recommend that everyone in the thread play AI: The Somnium Files

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

The SMTIV Duology is about as good as Nocturne I’d say. What it loses in atmosphere it makes up for in battle mechanics and music though that last one may be controversial

nah, not even close.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

other than the music, which is good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
does any SMT game have bad music

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does any SMT game have bad music

Strange Journeys OST is kinda mediocre

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

redreader posted:

SMT IV is pretty tough up until you get past Medusa imo. SMT4A is a lot easier right from the get go and doesn't really require that much knowledge of the events of SMT4, but it will spoil one early-game reveal of SMT4. SMT5 i'm sure will be a great game to play all around.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the hardest part of medusa in smt4 is not turning the game off when you see the sprite work

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

the hardest part of medusa in smt4 is not turning the game off when you see the sprite work

another gamer who values graphics over gameplay...hate to see it...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cheetah7071 posted:

another gamer who values graphics over gameplay...hate to see it...

thsi is why amerikkkans cant appreciate jrpgs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thsi is why amerikkkans cant appreciate jrpgs

stux is a resident of the united kkkingdom, actually

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

I'll do what thehoodie can't, and recommend that everyone in the thread play AI: The Somnium Files

same. everyone play that horny game. on something other than switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
VNs are for portable consoles. this is why the ps vita was the best console on earth

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I think I shall replay Bully

good luck, it's gonna be rough!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wuggles posted:

same. everyone play that horny game. on something other than switch

Absolutely not

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

VNs are for portable consoles. this is why the ps vita was the best console on earth

vita means life :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i couldn't stand AI... sorry goons

I'll tell you what I can stand... sekiro

Looper posted:

i think the parts of sekiro where you finally get to fight the snake, when you get the second bell that shows you what actually happened at the hirata estate and end up fighting your dad again with the training wheels off and seeing the fountainhead palace for the first time are all pretty sick and comparable

Did anyone here get that second bell that leads to the actual Owl bossfight on their first blind playthrough? If so I am in awe of your gaming, and am proud to call you my friend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

animal crossing dlc...... god tier

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

good luck, it's gonna be rough!

Probably!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

i couldn't stand AI... sorry goons

I'll tell you what I can stand... sekiro

Did anyone here get that second bell that leads to the actual Owl bossfight on their first blind playthrough? If so I am in awe of your gaming, and am proud to call you my friend

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit i did not. after foolishly locking myself into the bad ending and replaying half the game, i decided to look up the other ending routes to avoid further mishaps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i did but im just built differebtr

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the steps needed to get the third and fourth endings are both so cool, and the emergence of wolf's sense of self along the way... ahhh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I got you king

thank you, you'll always be #1 scoopster in my eyes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you'll always be #1 scoopster in my eyes

Hearing breaking news that Relax smells his own farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

so the issue with AI on the switch version is that character portraits are full 3D models. so sometimes you can wait 30 seconds until one loads in before dialogue continues