Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

MP horns are one of the the great joys of the game. Had a nice drive around the hills in an old Pontiac and this motherfucker zooms up to me from behind in a supercar blaring what sounds like a full wedding party falling into a swimming pool filled with taiko drums and he just drives next to me for a few minutes blaring the horn. Scared the living poo poo out of me, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

while going through looking for tjyvtompa's times on the leaderboard in road racing, i was quite impressed to see he had the 6th best time in the world on panoramica sprint in d class. so i set out to beat him.

get absolutely dumpstered, fuckboi :woop:

lamao, gently caress man at least let me keep my gauntlet time :cry:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I pop my Halo Grunt Birthday Party horn every time I pass someone

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you're gonna mute the radio and listen to your own stuff, make sure you're on the classical station. It gives you a near 7 minute skill song vs the other stations 2-3 minuters.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Nitramster posted:

What car and strategy is yielding the most skillpoints right now?

While my old friend the Hoonigan RS200 feels nerfed a bit from how it was in FH4 at max tune, it's still really good. 500K in the Autoshow with an option for a 7x regular skill multiplier.

Dirt drift zones are easier now that the dirt drift zones resemble the actual roads themselves. In FH4, dirt drift zones were tricky because what you thought was the road didn't count because of how narrow the road where you could score points was.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Requested a GRCC spot, as Serperoth

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Powershift posted:

If you're gonna mute the radio and listen to your own stuff, make sure you're on the classical station. It gives you a near 7 minute skill song vs the other stations 2-3 minuters.

shhh, don't give away the secrets of the old :corsair:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nitramster posted:

Here's my strategy:

full mastery, max power. AWD CLK GTR FE for 7x multiplier
orchard right beside the highway north of the highway speed trap
hold the throttle at max with an elastic
steer back and forth slowly doing 1000 point drifts while smashing trees and occasionally doing jumps
do other poo poo on my computer with my right hand while doing that with my left hand, only paying attention when i hear the first impact noise

The only thing to hit there is a very noticeable white house. and smashing the trees and getting drifts makes many points fast and i can look at memes while doing it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo, there's an A class tune for the 100,000 dollar truck option for doing the forzathon daily that rips, it's the very first one that comes up. It's ridiculously good for trailblazers, I was clearing 3 stars with double digit seconds to spare.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I finally loving found it.. little gray road with dirt road background.. finally found the loving thing. Oh no 1 more road poo poo

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 10, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tater_salad posted:

I've scouwered and scowered missing roads that little section isn't it. the little flipped L that least to a house nope.. RIP me

crank up the contrast on your TV/monitor, invert if possible. take a screenshot of your map and i'll see if i can gently caress with the colors in GIMP to spot something.

Funny bug story:

I got 38/38 points this season
then it said it couldn't connect to the server and was reverting something blah blah blah and gave me 7 new daily quests and dropped me to 28/38 points
i did a couple, now the old ones are back, i have 39/38 points, and another daily quest to do.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Nitramster posted:

While I haven't been following the min/max scene too closely, I've been happy with the following:
-Llanuras road race (center of the map, by the big east/west highway) -> EventLab -> 1 Million Run
-Lamborghini Sesto Elemental FE with all skills purchased (renewing the 10 race ones as needed)
-Song's X/999 tune (277 mph top speed, amazing acceleration and downforce)
-Max/near max difficulty (the race is easy with this car, can Netflix thru most of it)

An ~18m race nets 100-200k credits, a ton of XP, several Wheelspins, and something like 50 skill points. A few cars (e.g. Jesko) can finish faster, and other cars (e.g. 50s Corvette FE) might generate more XP/skill points per race, but the Sesto FE hits a good balance between everything.

isk fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 10, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I gifted someone one of those D100 BMW egg cars with a downloaded Sonic livery and got a thank you back when it was delivered. :3:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I just had a horrible realization about how hosed my brain as I thought: man it'd be nice if FH came with a paper map and you had to color in the roads yourself and the game didn't do it for you, but there was still an achievement for driving on every road.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

This was my last piece of road, hopefully it helps somebody:

please send 400 jeeps as repayment

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nitramster posted:

in addition to what others said: you can still do afk auto-steer + auto-brake 50 Goliath laps; take a x999 with tons of handling and downforce (two tricky hairpins for the AI), you should get over 300 skillpoints and 50 spins overnight/while at work

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is there a way to get points back after using them (on jeeps)?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Is there a way to get points back after using them (on jeeps)?

No.

It was once thought you got them back after gifting/deleting, but that was just some weird server bug randomly refunding people once.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I wish I could tow cars in my unimog. It even has a little blinking lightbar on top.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
How do you turn on auto drive?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I spent my refunded points on more jeeps :getin:

downtimejesus
Apr 24, 2007

this game is fun, im driving a lotus exige s and it goes zoom zoom

i'm getting crazy stutter at1440p on my 8700k/3070, the only way i figured out how to make it not do that is to run things on low, it's kind of irritating, but whatever, maybe they'll fix it

downtimejesus fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 10, 2021

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

crank up the contrast on your TV/monitor, invert if possible. take a screenshot of your map and i'll see if i can gently caress with the colors in GIMP to spot something.

Funny bug story:

I got 38/38 points this season
then it said it couldn't connect to the server and was reverting something blah blah blah and gave me 7 new daily quests and dropped me to 28/38 points
i did a couple, now the old ones are back, i have 39/38 points, and another daily quest to do.

that happened to me and it caused me to be able to claim the reward cars for this season twice, and yes I did get 2 of each :smug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Nitramster posted:

The forza amg clk, with the speed stat, on the highway, radio on, make sure to bank at 500k.

There are some races that take advantage of this with event lab runs.
Laguna Sprint? Or something? The green one midmap on the highway.

I ran this with the Jesko too but the amg makes you way more money.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

GolfHole posted:

The forza amg clk, with the speed stat, on the highway, radio on, make sure to bank at 500k.

There are some races that take advantage of this with event lab runs.
Laguna Sprint? Or something? The green one midmap on the highway.

I ran this with the Jesko too but the amg makes you way more money.

How do you get that car? I'm not seeing that in the auto show. I see the AMG CLK but not a Forza edition one.

vv thank you.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 10, 2021

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

GreatGreen posted:

How do you get that car? I'm not seeing that in the auto show. I see the AMG CLK but not a Forza edition one.

Forza Edition cars can be gotten through wheelspins or bought in an auction. If you want to find out how to get a specific car you can find it in the "car collection" screen and press "a" to see where it is available.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Requested a GRCC invite as me, BaronVanAwesome!

Trying to get set up with a few basic cars for each skill category rn

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone interested in achievements make sure to get a photo that has the sandstorm and observatory in view at the same time, the next opportunity to do this will be when the current season comes back three weeks from tomorrow.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
"That's the most expensive Ferrari EVER sold to auction!"

(and we just stole it from some dude's barn because gently caress the locals, we're racers)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone interested in achievements make sure to get a photo that has the sandstorm and observatory in view at the same time, the next opportunity to do this will be when the current season comes back three weeks from tomorrow.

Is there an event around there to make this easy? I don't think I've ever seen a sandstorm that wasn't in an event.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao I thought that my FH4 vinyls weren't importing because of the server issues but apparently "windows store/steam" is considered part of "no cross-platform syncing" so I'm just going to have to remake everything

RIP Rolling Guy. I gotta remake all of the GNRC/GRCC vinyls too

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wiltsghost posted:

Is there an event around there to make this easy? I don't think I've ever seen a sandstorm that wasn't in an event.

You might be able to create a custom route that's in the area and select weather conditions that way, I took my photo in freeroam tho so I don't know for sure.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

You might be able to create a custom route that's in the area and select weather conditions that way, I took my photo in freeroam tho so I don't know for sure.

I found a guide. Looks like someone made a blueprint to make it easy.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a344801/dust-in-the-lens-achievement?showguides=1

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Wiltsghost posted:

Not sure weather is synced between players, but here (pc) sandstorms just appeared.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
How do I replay a mission? I want to go for 3 stars but it's not on my map anymore. This is for one of the Test Driver missions.

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016
I wasn't sure I would enjoy doing the rivals stuff since I normally suck at not hitting barriers but I've been having a blast with them. I started using the giant racing truck initially as a joke but that thing is actually really good for dirt and cross country races.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

How do I replay a mission? I want to go for 3 stars but it's not on my map anymore. This is for one of the Test Driver missions.

The starting location for the story missions tends to change with each new chapter. You have to go find it on the map and it will let you select which chapter to play when you start it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

gently caress SNEEP posted:

The starting location for the story missions tends to change with each new chapter. You have to go find it on the map and it will let you select which chapter to play when you start it.

Got it, thanks.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Finally got the last road. It was a tiiiiny portion of not covered road on a drivewy. was literally comparing interactive map to regular map with inverted screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

while going through looking for tjyvtompa's times on the leaderboard in road racing, i was quite impressed to see he had the 6th best time in the world on panoramica sprint in d class. so i set out to beat him.

get absolutely dumpstered, fuckboi :woop:

*drifts into every single road sign and phone booth in the entire country* :cool: