Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

That's exactly why they're going to take off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Big fan of NFTW, though. Nintendo For The Win.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pungry posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
THe most obvious application would be just a duplication of the insane poo poo already happening around pokemon TCGs but thankfully game freak is allergic to making video game versions of the TCG that dont suck

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I remember having a ton of fun in the Gameboy TCG variation. I'm shocked they haven't done a similar type of game since then.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I think it'd be super cool if Nintendo came out with a new NES or SNES game, and put it on the service.

Something like Super Mario Bros 4 for NES, or Super Mario World 3 for SNES.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Don't worry about NFTs going anywhere. You hear about big corporations adopting it but they have no actual application, so all that investment will quietly go nowhere once they realize that. It's all a hype scam.

Here's a reassuring thread about it. Tale as old as time.
https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1458229247093391364?t=m6oQe2_ki8SiEuq52eHwvA&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think anyone who is into any sort of collectable market for something that hype streamers like know it doesnt matter it's more a problem of if that kind of scam culture finds you, and not if you get into it or not

thankfully the only records i collect are classical which are always like $2

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hatty posted:

Cling to your switches because the NFT apocalypse is at hand. Make your peace with your current technological possessions before the daily wildfires and severe storms end society

Good thing I buy physical.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Something like Super Mario Bros 4 for NES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZnl4eyu_Ao

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think anyone who is into any sort of collectable market for something that hype streamers like know it doesnt matter it's more a problem of if that kind of scam culture finds you, and not if you get into it or not

thankfully the only records i collect are classical which are always like $2

*looks at Animal Crossing amiibo cards*

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think it'd be super cool if Nintendo came out with a new NES or SNES game, and put it on the service.

Something like Super Mario Bros 4 for NES, or Super Mario World 3 for SNES.

That would be so drat cool.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Kirios posted:

I refuse to believe NFTs are going to take off. It's the most obvious scam in the world.

They also provide zero benefit to game makers that they don't already get from the games-as-a-service model, it's just got the veneer of "distributed." Which isn't necessarily a good thing, it's just not a "new" thing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always find it weird when people point to the writing in Conquest as a flaw when it has by far the best story of the three Fates campaigns. Birthright is dull, Conquest is stupid, and Revelations is both dull and stupid.

One of those is better than the others, and it is the one that is not dull.

Looper posted:

what does the g stand for...

Glistening

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hey guess what nintendo is good. switch is good. aew is good, make sure to tune in at 8pm on tnt!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds terrible OP

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Pungry posted:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sounds terrible OP

Mr Brodie would be upset right now with u

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

I refuse to believe NFTs are going to take off. It's the most obvious scam in the world.

You know how they sell very average quality t-shirts for literally $500? That's the same as NFTs. The fashion industry has been keeping scams and money laundering in front of us all this time. It just got more obvious when it applied to blockchain jpegs.

Not looking forward to the cyberpocalypse where they get the bright idea to use Picross implemented NFTs to trick people into thinking they're good (NFTs, not Picross. Picross is good.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't decide if I should get GTA on Switch or PC! drat it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hrist posted:

You know how they sell very average quality t-shirts for literally $500? That's the same as NFTs. The fashion industry has been keeping scams and money laundering in front of us all this time. It just got more obvious when it applied to blockchain jpegs.

Not looking forward to the cyberpocalypse where they get the bright idea to use Picross implemented NFTs to trick people into thinking they're good (NFTs, not Picross. Picross is good.)

It's only going to get worse, people can't afford anything so they're going all in on anything they think will make them rich. Kinda like lottery tickets except that's real money.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I can't decide if I should get GTA on Switch or PC! drat it.

I was gonna buy on PC but the Deck was delayed and I'm now at Q2, definitely buying on Switch

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i just remembered that open world kirby game.

personally, and this is just my opinion, but I like Kirby

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bought the GTA Trilogy. Downloading now.

GTA 3 - 2.6gb

Vice City - 5.3gb

San Andreas - 11.9gb

:toot:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bought the GTA Trilogy. Downloading now.

GTA 3 - 2.6gb

Vice City - 5.3gb

San Andreas - 11.9gb

:toot:

Is it out now??

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Kirby rules

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Barreft posted:

Is it out now??

Unlocks tonight. Not sure if midnight or 3am eastern.

But you can pre-download.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hatty posted:

Youtube is removing the ability to dislike something
Now Nintendo is able to operate without limits! Without the dislike number how will Nintendo know when fans are mad. Nintendoomed
https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1457573650979229700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxOuG8jMIgI
Sounds like they got the message, and the message was... to disable dislikes

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 11, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

i hate you

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Unlocks tonight. Not sure if midnight or 3am eastern.

But you can pre-download.

k buying now thanks

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's actually kind of sad that, of all things is the most disliked video on youtube, and not like, something bad that isn't just an ad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I got mine on Saturday, I opened it but haven't really gone through it yet. I am excited to see how the gargoyle is still the finest miniature in all the land.

It's significantly worse than the old heroquest one

Also heroquest aged to poorly. I dug it out and played it in 2019 and it was an okay time but it wasn't as fun as I remember it being in the early 2000s. Apparently the last time we played was during a Yu-Gi-Oh phase because we had a Celtic guardian and a dark magician character sheet.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh no they didn't get Kate Bush's song into Vice City in the trilogy. :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GTA Trilogy seems like the biggest wait and see released all year.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Plant MONSTER. posted:

i just remembered that open world kirby game.

personally, and this is just my opinion, but I like Kirby

Kirby is good.

If they released Epic Yarn again on the Switch I would immediately buy it a third time, because Kirby rules, and Epic Yarn is not only one of my favorite Kirby games but one of my favorite games, period.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Oxyclean posted:

It's actually kind of sad that, of all things is the most disliked video on youtube, and not like, something bad that isn't just an ad.

The headline is misleading but it sounds like it’s just the most disliked video on Nintendo’s channel, not youtube as a whole.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Actually yeah, seeing the price I'm gonna wait a bit

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm playing Vice City the minute it unlocks and I'll post my good as hell opinions on it.

Kept going back and forth between Switch or PS5 and realized there's no way in hell the graphics will look any better between 4K or 1080, but I WOULD play the hell out of it in handheld mode at work or whatever.

Now if I could just get an OLED.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm playing Vice City the minute it unlocks and I'll post my good as hell opinions on it.

Kept going back and forth between Switch or PS5 and realized there's no way in hell the graphics will look any better between 4K or 1080, but I WOULD play the hell out of it in handheld mode at work or whatever.

Now if I could just get an OLED.

Let me know how it is, I'm living vicariously through you here

e: I wasn't going to get an OLED but I'm probably going to with the Deck being delayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

The headline is misleading but it sounds like it’s just the most disliked video on Nintendo’s channel, not youtube as a whole.
Oh, then yeah, that checks out.