Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

he created a lot of funny stuff

rest in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumkitty
Jan 11, 2011
lol

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

It used to be taboo to trash talk someone immediately after their death, but that seems to have gone away over the past few years as more and more people are exposed for the horrible humans they are.

I'll still be positive at least for tonight though. I respect him for creating this place. It is (or was) super innovative and creative. I've spent countless hours here and it's been a big influence on my thinking.

I also appreciate that he realized this site was larger then him. He could have been stubborn, hung on to it, and watched it dwindle away. Instead he made the move to let it live on without him.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

cumshitter posted:

furries exchanging tips on what artists to follow seems like the ultimate pissing on lowtax's grave thing and im here for it

Dear furries: We're sorry

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:rubby:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I already said the nice thing so now... the SA thing...

Rich, your poisoned body is making heaven TOO loving CROWDED

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

requiescat in posts

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

not wrong

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

huh. end of an error.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder what his last words were tho

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hope you're doing well Fragmaster.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

That Robot posted:

what is the fate of the "gaming garbage" franchise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyboSQ8gnng

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Can we just appreciate for a sec that the loving eastern European dude with a fuckin sledgehammer from the Neil Gaiman novel American Gods posted this :cheers:

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
drat, sorry buddy.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

I, too, am here. Bye dead guy. Only right the dying internet takes with it its eldest kin. Hope you put that :tenbux: off mom's stolen cc to good use; can't take it with where you're going
E; I've never been good at salty goonposts, but I have always enjoyed salty goonposts. So at the least, thanks for adding that to my life I guess.

Gamwhiz1 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 11, 2021

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
So long taxman. You were a fuckup and a loser, but, so is everybody who has ever posted on this site.

I'll meet you again in whatever forum you moderate in Hell.

Brightmotor
Jun 1, 2008
rip blowtax he invented forums and quake.
https://www.goldbelly.com/sympathy-gifts

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
leonard j crabs reading lowtaxs will:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Grey posted:

I also appreciate that he realized this site was larger then him. He could have been stubborn, hung on to it, and watched it dwindle away. Instead he made the move to let it live on without him.
Yeah, the selflessness of that really struck me. I kept waiting for the catch, and it never came.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

cya

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

A Human Ear Alright
Feb 3, 2004

fantastic life
I'm really sorry for his kids, who'll have no chance to try & deal with his nonsense directly (not that it ever buys you closure when your poo poo parents are alive)

I'm sorry for folks like frags, who clearly loved the memory of the guy he knew but couldn't reconcile w/the guy others knew

And gently caress that guy for the poo poo way he behaved to people

I FIND THE DEFENDANT...

DEAD IN MY BASEMENT

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Peter Daou Zen posted:

I wonder what his last words were tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87uIh9ISWU

Ketrus
Oct 29, 2007

Stay the hell away from my circles.
I will never bring as much joy to the internet as he did today. I'm ok with that.

theodrin
Oct 14, 2006

SUUUPERRR!!!~
it's over for him

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

your loving powdered spine is making heaven too crowded

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't typed that URL for many years but I got curious and looked at 4chan

lmao imagine all the shittiest places on the internet mourning you

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

he's loving dead

lmao

VoodooLizard
Nov 4, 2003

MegaTechMechaMegaMech

Lack-O-Pants posted:

This forum gave me the best friend I ever had and helped me mourn when she passed. For that, I am grateful.

Time marches on.

Hit me deep bro

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Goodbye Rich and my best wishes to your family in these mournful times. I forgot how much I liked your ARC - Drain album, putting it on again after hearing the news.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

RIP. Hope his family can move on and live in peace.

Malby
Aug 28, 2002
If there was one thing, it was your $10 payment lasted in perpetuity, and he never changed that. I respect that.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Nothing original to say, echo everyone else’s sentiments. The forums have meant a lot to me in my life, starting lurking nearly 20 years ago which means nearly 2/3s of my life on here lmao. Yeah he seems like he was a dick / horrible person but unironically an internet visionary for whatever that’s worth

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Can we just appreciate for a sec that the loving eastern European dude with a fuckin sledgehammer from the Neil Gaiman novel American Gods posted this :cheers:
go outside and read a real book

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
He was a deeply flawed individual whose humor happened to have a huge impact on me and many others. Guess I don’t have anything really nice to say except that I found his stuff very funny in 2001, and appreciate that these forums continue to exist. I hope that his kids are doing well.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i just want to take a sombre moment here to remember a forums great. a lovely man. a sweet man. a funny man. a giant of a man who overshadowed us all

RIP ZerglingMinor

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

This place hosed up my teen years, also my 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

ProfessorMarvel posted:

appreciating it