Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
His toes were too sweaty and he slipped

rest in piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Imagine being like "my dad created something awful dot com"

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Nice

[edit] gently caress!

TheFrankAttack
May 1, 2007
lmao he killed himself because he didn't want to deal with the consequences of his actions after getting absolutely bodied in court

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

make all of lowtax's posts in the mod forum visible so people can truly see what a genius he was. i'd ask for you to make all of his posts in the admin forum visible as well but, well, lol

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
lmao

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

beep by grandpa posted:

let's say his demise was'nt precipitated by his monstrous, cowardly acts leading to his undoing and trading off the site to more capable hands,

i always assumed 100% that if lowtax ever just dropped dead one day (pre-jeff) that this site would disappear without a trace with absolutely zero contingency

pretty sure I remember him saying a while ago that if he ever died the site would go down with him

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
No one can live forever but in this moment I am glad i outlived lowtax

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

70 gold belly cookies, one for each wife beaten

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Lowtax was jfk Jr this whole time, sheeple

Fruit DOG
Feb 5, 2007
Wandering man with a plan.
Taco Defender
Goodnight goon Lowtax

I started coming to this site after reading Cliff Yablonski and I still almost exclusively lurk here, but I keep reading and laughing at these dying forums mostly because of the people here. It’s funny that the forums thrived despite his mismanagement.

Voted 5 golden manbabies

Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001

Rorobb posted:

Nothing original to say, echo everyone else’s sentiments. The forums have meant a lot to me in my life, starting lurking nearly 20 years ago which means nearly 2/3s of my life on here lmao. Yeah he seems like he was a dick / horrible person but unironically an internet visionary for whatever that’s worth

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
This song's about Herman Cain but pretend it's about Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hillary 2024 posted:

Nice

[edit] gently caress!

Pathetic

Kim Bong Chill
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Is a person judged by their own direct actions, or the aggregate good and evil they introduce into the world? It is clear we have a complex and incomplete picture of lowtax’s home life, but what these forums have created is significant. Goons have done acts of significant charity and good, as well as be total assholes. Which is to say both lowtax and his goon children are a land of contrasts.

Perhaps those of you wishing Ill of the dead in this thread should examine exactly how lowtax you are being and try to be a bit better.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
RIP!

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
Frags is old, I'm old, and Lowtax is a corpse. I need to go lie down.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

lmao

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
RIP Lowtax. Sincere thanks for creating the single most interesting and influential website of my sad weird life and letting me be a part of it for just :10bux:.

Also gently caress you forever for beating your wife. Don't let the coffin door hit your rear end on the way out.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
ok but Jose next

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Hillary 2024 posted:

Nice

[edit] gently caress!

lol hillary u cant do anything right

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

First thread I ever read on this cursed website was the boxing match between lowtax and uwe bol lol. GBS and FYAD At the time were the funniest things 16 year old me had ever come across. RIP.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
thanks frags for sharing and also condolences for coming back

rip lowtax, sorry to the family

posting in a lowtax thread

voted 0

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
Mod Edit: Nope

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 11, 2021

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Lowtax should have yelled "STOP! STOP! YOURE GIVING ME AN ERECTION!"to make Uwe Boll stop pummeling him.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

One who finds it 2 hours and 60 pages later, like me

At least you didn't make a joke about him beating up angels in heaven now, like a dozen other goons have and thought that were being original with it.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

so where are the good threads to post in these days?

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
Have to add my voice to the congregation and say with eyes gazing upwards to the heavens…drat, poo poo’s crazy yo.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I don’t know what to say. He was a wife beating piece of poo poo that was only funny when I was 19. Yet, he did found the only online community I’ve been on since my sophomore year of college.

Rest In Peace it’s a shame you never got better.

Enjoy live-streaming pure poo poo with unfunny screaming from hell, you bastard.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
this feels weird.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Dear Richard,

lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

soonmide posted:

in a sense creating SA created 4chan, and the eventual ramifications of that are something i genuinely don't want to think about

Look at it like this: an equal number of horrors have been prevented by people wasting their time on these stupid forums.

Time works the same way

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

OptimusShr posted:

No way am I not posting in this thread.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
It's tough to overstate the effect that being a member of this site has had on my life. I owe the start of multiple relationships and jobs to people I met through here.

Anyway, rip dude. I wish you could have been a better person.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

holy gently caress I completely forgot about romeo rose and his custom stratocaster

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
lol i been here since the beginning what the gently caress is time

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Schweinhund posted:

pretty sure I remember him saying a while ago that if he ever died the site would go down with him

Someone please embed "Nearer, My God, to Thee" as the servers slowly shut down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Kim Bong Chill posted:

Is a person judged by their own direct actions, or the aggregate good and evil they introduce into the world? It is clear we have a complex and incomplete picture of lowtax’s home life, but what these forums have created is significant. Goons have done acts of significant charity and good, as well as be total assholes. Which is to say both lowtax and his goon children are a land of contrasts.

Perhaps those of you wishing Ill of the dead in this thread should examine exactly how lowtax you are being and try to be a bit better.

he's dead he won't care