Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

and i found a cool egg rock

Lemme see your egg rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bud I think that's one of them yoni eggs, better wash your hands

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Weren't those the type of stones sold by Gwyneth Paltrow?

Munchables

Mormon Nailer posted:

Bud I think that's one of them yoni eggs, better wash your hands

Zil posted:

Weren't those the type of stones sold by Gwyneth Paltrow?

:psypop:

Munchables

brb washing my egg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munch that eggs been places, it's traveled unseen worlds, and I also think you probably should like, sanitize everything

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay this is the first time I've actually laughed in almost 3 weeks congratulations

Munchables

egg is washed but it will have to earn my trust again

Munchables

this godamns eggs reputration is RUINED now gently caress you egg how could you do this to me i found you on the ground save d you from that pine needle you bagstrd

bog pixie

nnice egg

more falafel please

forums poster

posting this for no particular reason

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

Munchables posted:

this godamns eggs reputration is RUINED now gently caress you egg how could you do this to me i found you on the ground save d you from that pine needle you bagstrd

now i can't help but wonder how egg got there... what was it's story?

Zil

Stoner Sloth posted:

extreme kegel event gone horribly awry.

Munchables

Stoner Sloth posted:

the tangerine bear but it's an egg wit a chip in it escaping a minivan

Munchables

now idk WHAT to do with this egg!!! here i was thinking i had a cool egg but no it's some middle class mionivan mom's coochie egg that i welcomed into my home under false prtedneseds apparently and now i've got sunk cost fallacy, i washed this dang egg and fed and clothed it and this is how it repays me!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Wow. Uh. Well, gently caress.

I have unexpected feelings, I'm gonna go smoke weed in trashed crew about it? Huh. What a mixture.

Munchables

Mormon Nailer posted:

Wow. Uh. Well, gently caress.

I have unexpected feelings, I'm gonna go smoke weed in trashed crew about it? Huh. What a mixture.

pass me da doob

i'mgonna eat some gummies

cruft

Just got back from a drop in class at the Santa Fe Indian School.

I don't know what's so special about that school but I just really love working with those kids. And it's different kids every two years, so it's not just the individuals. Something about the school itself.

Anyway, another event, another failure to find anybody who speaks Tewa so I can finally hear someone pronounce Posuwae'geh. But I'm all full of energy now and I have to go to bed.

Zil

Munchables posted:

now idk WHAT to do with this egg!!! here i was thinking i had a cool egg but no it's some middle class mionivan mom's coochie egg that i welcomed into my home under false prtedneseds apparently and now i've got sunk cost fallacy, i washed this dang egg and fed and clothed it and this is how it repays me!

The egg is not defined by its past, what you do with it now is what matters. It will always have the stigma, but you can give it the home it needs now.

also don't shove it up anything

biosterous

smash munch wash the egg

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Just got back from a drop in class at the Santa Fe Indian School.

I don't know what's so special about that school but I just really love working with those kids. And it's different kids every two years, so it's not just the individuals. Something about the school itself.

Anyway, another event, another failure to find anybody who speaks Tewa so I can finally hear someone pronounce Posuwae'geh. But I'm all full of energy now and I have to go to bed.

Goodnight cruft, sleep well.

P'oh'tsugeh Owingeh is uhhh... Lemme think. P'oh-shu-geh o'win-geh. So posuwae'geh would follow the same structure. P'oh-SU-wah-EH-geh would make sense but Tewa slides constants and vowels tend to get run together.

cruft

They have a cultural center in the town and I've asked them how to say the town name and they just told me the Spanish version. My goal now is to get a recording of someone saying it so I (or they) can put it on Wikipedia. I think this would be a good following act to me putting the ñ in every occurance of Española.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Goodnight cruft, sleep well.

P'oh'tsugeh Owingeh is uhhh... Lemme think. P'oh-shu-geh o'win-geh. So posuwae'geh would follow the same structure. P'oh-SU-wah-EH-geh would make sense but Tewa slides constants and vowels tend to get run together.

This really isn't made any easier by the use of an alphabet invented on the other side of the planet.

cruft

cruft posted:

This really isn't made any easier by the use of an alphabet invented on the other side of the planet.

Some linguist had the idea of using Pitman shorthand to write down Plains Cree, and it stuck. I don't know how that's worked out in practice but the nerd in me loves the concept of it.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

smath mouth all star - hey now you're an all star .mp3

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

cruft

Wait, Lowtax died?

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

Wait, Lowtax died?

yeah

kalel

Like, "died" or died?

Finger Prince

When am I ever going to learn that if I want roasted chestnuts, go to the store that sells roasted chestnuts or buy the ones that already come roasted and peeled in a bag.
Apparently not today. This happens every year.

kalel

Oh, died.

Hmm.

cruft

Yeah it seems he actually died. There's a GBS thread about it, full of the edgelord posts you would expect.

I'm not going to be able to top this post, I think it's a good sentiment:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This really sucks. Whatever you think of lowtax, he created something great in a world where not many people can say that, myself included. My heart goes out to his kids and other family members.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Some linguist had the idea of using Pitman shorthand to write down Plains Cree, and it stuck. I don't know how that's worked out in practice but the nerd in me loves the concept of it.

I am very bad at Pitman shorthand but I'm trying to get better. It would make learning Cree much easier, for real.

If you want to take a really weird dive, though, look at the evolution of muscogean languages. What a loving trajectory, it's no wonder I'm terrible with English.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mormon Nailer posted:

I am very bad at Pitman shorthand but I'm trying to get better. It would make learning Cree much easier, for real.

If you want to take a really weird dive, though, look at the evolution of muscogean languages. What a loving trajectory, it's no wonder I'm terrible with English.

Like, how would you pronounce this?

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

does the thl make a sort of clickly kthl sound like if you put your tongue against the back of your teeth and let the air out the back/sides of your tongue?

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I can only answer with "exactly like it's written"

It didn't roll off my Midwest American tongue but I at least had an idea about how to turn that out, as opposed to, like, the first time I saw the name "Ng"

Whether I pronounced it correctly is another matter, though.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

does the thl make a sort of clickly kthl sound like if you put your tongue against the back of your teeth and let the air out the back/sides of your tongue?

Only if it's next to a c or a p! Basically, press your tongue against your upper teeth and say a consonant sound somewhere between the English TH and the English L but with a softer edge.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Only if it's next to a c or a p! Basically, press your tongue against your upper teeth and say a consonant sound somewhere between the English TH and the English L but with a softer edge.

This is a startlingly lucid instruction on how to make a new consonant sound!

That's a really pretty word, reminds me of Quenya in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Munchables

Mormon Nailer posted:

oooo so kinda like "ll" in welsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I learned this language from birth, but I also know that my dad had to relearn it as an adult, because he was sent to a residential school and they tried to literally beat the language and culture out of him, so he shoved a lot of it away. I got a lot of knowledge on explaining it from listening to my dad explain it to his brother and our cousins, who all had similar experiences or just were not taught because of similar reasons. I really love my language, I want other people to be able to speak it and love it, too. It's a very musical language.