Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatoBug2
Dec 1, 2004

FOR SERIOUS!!!
RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm trying to think of an image to use that's both mostly harmless yet still shows my opinion of Lowtax as he probably was:

Best I can come up without getting ultra dorky or MLP related on short notice.

My sympathies to his kids though at least now they won't ever have to post in the Estranged Parents thread. But it also means no chance for him to become a better person or make amends for all the bad things he did even if it didn't seem like he ever would. I'm not sure what demons he had that made him be such an abusive bully and do all sorts of drugs but it would only explain and not excuse his cruel behavior.

I dunno. Is there anything positive that can come out of this? Like maybe someone won't do drugs or will see signs of a potential abuser and GTFO early?

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
rip

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
dang

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
According to this random website he died from a Zipline accident and complications from fetal alcohol syndrome

https://celebsaga.com/lowtax-kyanka-death-cause/

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

He was my first Photoshop 20 years ago

https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/adventures-lowtax/2/

RIP

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

13Pandora13 posted:

LA already posted this, but please try to keep in mind his daughters could see this thread one day; GBS isn't paywalled and you know how middle and high school kids can be. We should endeavor to make sure we don't do anything that will cause them more harm in an already difficult time. The past 36 hours have been an emotional hurricane for everyone and the last things those kids need right now is to run into screenshots of people making crude comments about their father's passing online. Keep it behind a paywall or in Discord.

I get the intent and I applaud it,

but like, good luck

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Endorph posted:

He had a child support ruling against him for 92.5k + 2.5k/month 2 days ago

talk about trying to wring blood from a stone

ninjawtf
Mar 23, 2006
type fast for me
N-NANI??

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka is gone now, and I am poorer for it. He was the real thing -- a political monster straight out of Grendel and a very dangerous enemy. He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. He lied to his friends and betrayed the trust of his family. Not even Gerald Ford, the unhappy ex-president who pardoned Lowtax and kept him out of prison, was immune to the evil fallout. Ford, who believes strongly in Heaven and Hell, has told more than one of his celebrity golf partners that "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka."

I have had my own bloody relationship with Lowtax for many years, but I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already been there with that bastard, and I am a better person for it. Lowtax had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have hated Lowtax all their lives. My mother hates Lowtax, my son hates Lowtax, I hate Lowtax, and this hatred has brought us together.

Lowtax laughed when I told him this. "Don't worry," he said, "I, too, am a family man, and we feel the same way about you."

It was Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka who got me into politics, and now that he's gone, I feel lonely. He was a giant in his way. As long as Lowtax was politically alive -- and he was, all the way to the end -- we could always be sure of finding the enemy on the Low Road. There was no need to look anywhere else for the evil bastard. He had the fighting instincts of a badger trapped by hounds. The badger will roll over on its back and emit a smell of death, which confuses the dogs and lures them in for the traditional ripping and tearing action. But it is usually the badger who does the ripping and tearing. It is a beast that fights best on its back: rolling under the throat of the enemy and seizing it by the head with all four claws.

That was Lowtax's style -- and if you forgot, he would kill you as a lesson to the others. Badgers don't fight fair, bubba. That's why God made dachshunds.

Lowtax was a navy man, and he should have been buried at sea. Many of his friends were seagoing people: Bebe Rebozo, Robert Vesco, William F. Buckley Jr., and some of them wanted a full naval burial.

These come in at least two styles, however, and Lowtax's immediate family strongly opposed both of them. In the traditionalist style, the dead president's body would be wrapped and sewn loosely in canvas sailcloth and dumped off the stern of a frigate at least 100 miles off the coast and at least 1,000 miles south of San Diego, so the corpse could never wash up on Goon soil in any recognizable form.

The family opted for cremation until they were advised of the potentially onerous implications of a strictly private, unwitnessed burning of the body of the man who was, after all, the President of Something Awful. Awkward questions might be raised, dark allusions to Hitler and Rasputin. People would be filing lawsuits to get their hands on the dental charts. Long court battles would be inevitable -- some with liberal cranks bitching about corpus delicti and habeas corpus and others with giant insurance companies trying not to pay off on his death benefits. Either way, an orgy of greed and duplicity was sure to follow any public hint that Lowtax might have somehow faked his own death or been cryogenically transferred to fascist Chinese interests on the Central Asian Mainland.

It would also play into the hands of those millions of self-stigmatized patriots like me who believe these things already.

If the right people had been in charge of Lowtax's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Lowtax was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Lowtax, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.

Lowtax's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives -- whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Lowtax will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man making GBS threads in his own nest. But he also poo poo in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of Something Awful, by fleeing the forums like a diseased cur, Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka broke the heart of the Goon Dream.

Llareggub
Dec 28, 2004

Goodnight, BPD king

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

slave to my cravings posted:

It’s really too bad he was banned when the site was sold now he can he can’t be banned because he died

we can still replace his avi

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Un-perma, then re-perma Lowtax. RIP.

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
drat

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

slave to my cravings posted:

It’s really too bad he was banned when the site was sold now he can he can’t be banned because he died

Let's unban him, and reban him. It'll be like the trial of Pope Formosus. It could be a monthly tradition.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Have we considered that the real Lowtax is the friends we made along the way???

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

rip lowtax you were the worst part of many great things

like the irritating piece of grit necessary to form a pearl

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I'm shocked, shocked! Well not that shocked.

RIP in piss I guess. You created a drug I just can't quit.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

According to this random website he died from a Zipline accident and complications from fetal alcohol syndrome

https://celebsaga.com/lowtax-kyanka-death-cause/

he made it

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
logging in to laugh with everyone else who is doing the same
lmao

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
:awesome:

Kim Bong Chill
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka is gone now, and I am poorer for it. He was the real thing -- a political monster straight out of Grendel and a very dangerous enemy. He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. He lied to his friends and betrayed the trust of his family. Not even Gerald Ford, the unhappy ex-president who pardoned Lowtax and kept him out of prison, was immune to the evil fallout. Ford, who believes strongly in Heaven and Hell, has told more than one of his celebrity golf partners that "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka."

I have had my own bloody relationship with Lowtax for many years, but I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already been there with that bastard, and I am a better person for it. Lowtax had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have hated Lowtax all their lives. My mother hates Lowtax, my son hates Lowtax, I hate Lowtax, and this hatred has brought us together.

Lowtax laughed when I told him this. "Don't worry," he said, "I, too, am a family man, and we feel the same way about you."

It was Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka who got me into politics, and now that he's gone, I feel lonely. He was a giant in his way. As long as Lowtax was politically alive -- and he was, all the way to the end -- we could always be sure of finding the enemy on the Low Road. There was no need to look anywhere else for the evil bastard. He had the fighting instincts of a badger trapped by hounds. The badger will roll over on its back and emit a smell of death, which confuses the dogs and lures them in for the traditional ripping and tearing action. But it is usually the badger who does the ripping and tearing. It is a beast that fights best on its back: rolling under the throat of the enemy and seizing it by the head with all four claws.

That was Lowtax's style -- and if you forgot, he would kill you as a lesson to the others. Badgers don't fight fair, bubba. That's why God made dachshunds.

Lowtax was a navy man, and he should have been buried at sea. Many of his friends were seagoing people: Bebe Rebozo, Robert Vesco, William F. Buckley Jr., and some of them wanted a full naval burial.

These come in at least two styles, however, and Lowtax's immediate family strongly opposed both of them. In the traditionalist style, the dead president's body would be wrapped and sewn loosely in canvas sailcloth and dumped off the stern of a frigate at least 100 miles off the coast and at least 1,000 miles south of San Diego, so the corpse could never wash up on Goon soil in any recognizable form.

The family opted for cremation until they were advised of the potentially onerous implications of a strictly private, unwitnessed burning of the body of the man who was, after all, the President of Something Awful. Awkward questions might be raised, dark allusions to Hitler and Rasputin. People would be filing lawsuits to get their hands on the dental charts. Long court battles would be inevitable -- some with liberal cranks bitching about corpus delicti and habeas corpus and others with giant insurance companies trying not to pay off on his death benefits. Either way, an orgy of greed and duplicity was sure to follow any public hint that Lowtax might have somehow faked his own death or been cryogenically transferred to fascist Chinese interests on the Central Asian Mainland.

It would also play into the hands of those millions of self-stigmatized patriots like me who believe these things already.

If the right people had been in charge of Lowtax's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Lowtax was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Lowtax, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.

Lowtax's spirit will be with us for the rest of our lives -- whether you're me or Bill Clinton or you or Kurt Cobain or Bishop Tutu or Keith Richards or Amy Fisher or Boris Yeltsin's daughter or your fiancee's 16-year-old beer-drunk brother with his braided goatee and his whole life like a thundercloud out in front of him. This is not a generational thing. You don't even have to know who Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.

He has poisoned our water forever. Lowtax will be remembered as a classic case of a smart man making GBS threads in his own nest. But he also poo poo in our nests, and that was the crime that history will burn on his memory like a brand. By disgracing and degrading the Presidency of Something Awful, by fleeing the forums like a diseased cur, Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka broke the heart of the Goon Dream.

Did phiz khalifa write this horseshit? This is like a markov chain

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

i did this in reno so i do know. they make fursuits with fans inside of them now so they're way more manageable. that's what my suit has

i know a guy who's building a sort of robot quadsuit with an indirect vision system running off an Nvidia jetson. iirc he's planning to eventually include active cooling with one of those miniaturized DC refrigeration compressor-motors you can get these days. fursuit technology has come so far

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

Lowtax has a complicated legacy but the impact he and SomethingAwful has had on internet culture is unquestionably significant.

LA already posted this, but please try to keep in mind his daughters could see this thread one day; GBS isn't paywalled and you know how middle and high school kids can be. We should endeavor to make sure we don't do anything that will cause them more harm in an already difficult time. The past 36 hours have been an emotional hurricane for everyone and the last things those kids need right now is to run into screenshots of people making crude comments about their father's passing online. Keep it behind a paywall or in Discord.

GFM thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984523

Buddy if they're still reading they've already seen like 8 goatses, I don't know what to tell you.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I hope you all realize this is why furries were aggressively purged from the forums in '06-'14

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Glad to see your posting, I agree.

edit: On second thought, I misread the last paragraph so no, I do not.

Obeah fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 11, 2021

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

He had a child support ruling against him for 92.5k + 2.5k/month 2 days ago

Wasn't he basically living off of his mom even before he got squeezed out of SA?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Un-perma, then re-perma Lowtax. RIP.

this except skip the rip part

Lolitas Alright!
Sep 15, 2007

This is your friend.
She fights for your freedom.

killer crane posted:

Let's unban him, and reban him. It'll be like the trial of Pope Formosus. It could be a monthly tradition.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Lowtax turned out to be a lovely person so yeah I can’t shed a tear but the site and forums have been a daily part of my life for so long so I’ll give him some credit there.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
RIP and also good to see that the guy from the legendary ff13 video is doing well

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Diogines posted:

I could be mistaken but I think watching other people play games on YouTube and Twitch sort of evolved from Lets Plays on SA, right? Did any community online really have a dedicated area to watch other people play games? I could be mistaken but I am not aware of any?

I sometimes wonder if Lowtax saw it that way and felt cheated on not becoming a zillionaire when a concept started on SA later made metric assloads of money?

Didn't he turn down the chance to host Zero Punctuation back when that was a big thing? I don't think he was ever really good at the money making side of things, or the "not blowing all your money after lucking out with web 1.0" thing for that matter

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

atomicthumbs posted:

i know a guy who's building a sort of robot quadsuit with an indirect vision system running off an Nvidia jetson. iirc he's planning to eventually include active cooling with one of those miniaturized DC refrigeration compressor-motors you can get these days. fursuit technology has come so far

that sounds amazing

also people should dm me fursuit pics

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Lowtax sucks

Wait I mean, Lowtax sucked

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

On his own forums, just like in court, Lowtax can't stop having judgements made against him.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

this owns lol. i just shove an o2cool in my mouth and suffer

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

you know what, this is better than the furry chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
lowtax dead. so what