Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:yikeseroo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IanJ
Dec 27, 2003

a real magic skeleton
Holy poo poo. Dunno what to say except RIP

Also that was a good tribute

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Drone posted:

So the frontpage is coming back, yeah?

back like lowtax's spine

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gutcruncher posted:

Wait so are cat girls NOT monster girls?

Can be either. Left = monster girl. Right = furry.

Spoiler for the prudes I guess, lotta traffic here.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yeah as you state he posted some bad stuff but also some good stuff, things are complicated

the duality of poster

Madd0g11
Jun 14, 2002
Bitter Vet
Lipstick Apathy
rip

you're all dead at gooncon

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
lowtax gave me this username in a "post in this thread and i will change your username" thread in like 2010 and ive wanted to change it for at least 4 years now but never bothered. that's my lowtax story

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Shame Boy posted:

In my experience furries have been the least sex pest and most knowledgeable about proper consent of anyone (in general anyway), which is p funny

askers?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Barudak posted:

It already has, you just have to believe it has

The front page was inside you all along!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Seriously if he's dead that's kinda sad but not too sad because of him being a piece of crap domestic abuser.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

The kind of fortune that never misses.
Just weird seeing this after all the events of the last few years, expecting him to eventually fade away into the background of the internet as a pariah. Condolences to all those who suffer in the wake.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Meme Poker Party posted:

Can be either. Left = monster girl. Right = furry.

Spoiler for the prudes I guess, lotta traffic here.

Clears it up for me gotta say Monster Lady is still my team

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

Shame Boy posted:

In my experience furries have been the least sex pest and most knowledgeable about proper consent of anyone (in general anyway), which is p funny

also a lot of the furry hate is and always has been thinly veiled homophobia lmao

also am I the only one who is gunna post fursuit pics wtf??

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Jon Joe posted:

whatd he die of

I think he goatse'd himself to death :goatsecx:

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Why do I always learn about notable deaths in the meme thread

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Can't tell if this is a joke or not.
If it isn't a joke, RIP.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Rip dead gay dad of these dead gay forums

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dongicus posted:

:gas: then ban the sex pest furry ppl and the others genuinely mourning the former webmaster who beat his wife :thanks:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Morshu posted:

also am I the only one who is gunna post fursuit pics wtf??

inadvisable

SeriouslyGuys
Feb 6, 2008
Seriously.
Any updates on his health?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/1458628456783228933

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Nice! Purple is the best color 💜

My type of anthro is not conducive to suits so I have to live vicariously through the suits of others.

(I quoted without link just in case of privacy)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Drone posted:

the gum disease known as gingivitis

goongivitis

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Borsche69 posted:

well did they?

we (offsite ofc,) made the facebook page regarding the humour of cancer involving child death, poo poo was p. wild then.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Drone posted:

So the frontpage is coming back, yeah?

There's a front page?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Honestly, this place picked up the slack left behind by the huge void that was my social circle when I moved from England to the US back in 2004, and there are people here who have literally saved me from financial disaster and helped me and my girlfriend move house (<3 the CYOA crew from the games room). gently caress the concept of turning the forums off because this community is so much greater than its origins. Yeah there will always be shitlords, but Goonkind is capable of as much good as it is ill.

RIP Rich, end of an era, The Taxman Goeth, etc

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Bhaal posted:

As a relative oldtimer and also like basically everyone else, my relationship with SA has changed a ton since the early 00s. For one, I used to be on here for hours every day whereas now it's way more selective and mostly in niche threads and groups.

Around this time last year I was backing up old hard drives and came across my huge stash of saved SA images where I kept a copy of anything funny or meaningful or otherwise neat. I was initially really excited and looked forward to a stroll down memory lane.

Yeah, no. My memory had on rose colored glasses and going through those images was a mixed bag of emotions. A ton of agonized moments going "Oh god, I remember this one, and I remember thinking it was funny back then!". I wasn't even into edgelord poo poo, it was all pretty mainstream internet/SA humor that I found so awesome.

Before I started in on looking through them, I thought of uploading it all somewhere and sharing here just for nostalgia's sake, but too much of it has aged horrendously and is shameful. It would take hours of curation and then wouldn't be an honest account of the time, regrettably.

I'd only interacted with Lowtax a few limited times but was friends with people closer to him and had always felt a bit weary of him. Certainly talented in some ways but with mean streak that could flare up and stay stuck on certain targets of his.

Over the years, I'm glad I've seen my sensibilities grow along with me since the time I first discovered this site in college. I'm also glad to to see the similar and overall positive transformation this community has had--or at least the bulk of those who stuck around or in orbit of the forums. And I'm sad that this site's creator never really had that similar growth, and grew apart from myself and this community until the momentum of trust and fondness ripped apart last year. I hoped for better for him and the people in his life.

Well said, sir. I kinda was looking back at older stuff too recently and...it's also aged pretty horrendously and just complete yikes.

But man, these forums got me through weird rear end times. These forums are were I learned of how good and generous people can be. But also how loving hosed up and lovely people can be. But some of my bffs are goons, and the amount of laughter, content, and just sheer value I've gotten from these forums are immeasurable. None of it would exist without Lowtax

RIP Lowtax, long live the forums

pblol
Jun 27, 2008

pblol fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 11, 2021

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

never trust a goon with horny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whatever will happen to Goldbelly now?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sard posted:

they're not discount, they're deluxe

You shall be rewarded.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
rest in piss lowtax but thanks for the forums

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

:aloom:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

murphyslaw posted:

Why do I always learn about notable deaths in the meme thread

At least you're not that one dude who found out on Reddit

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
Despite who he may have been as an individual, my thoughts to those who were close to him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man go stiff

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Cacator posted:

There's a front page?

:cb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ah i see, not only are you constantly a bitter weirdo in qcs, you're also part of the vanishingly tiny fraction of posters that still hates furries

lmao