Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cool, i played far cry 4 with a now dead guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
drat, what did Hell do to deserve Lowtax

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

pliable posted:

Well said, sir. I kinda was looking back at older stuff too recently and...it's also aged pretty horrendously and just complete yikes.

I don't want all the nostalgia to forget this part. Like really, don't forget this part.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
notax

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Looks like he got the loat axe

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love that this forum is steeped in so many layers of irony and meta humor I had to resort to google to figure out if Lowtax had really died or this was some dumb meme.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

SeriouslyGuys posted:

Any updates on his health?

his spine is bad

Gray Garrison
Nov 8, 2005

Good old Jersey Boy Racist

Good to see so many old time posters still poo poo on Lowtax

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

At least you're not that one dude who found out on Reddit

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Jazerus posted:

ah i see, not only are you constantly a bitter weirdo in qcs, you're also part of the vanishingly tiny fraction of posters that still hates furries

lmao

the furries were inside of us the whole time

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Cacator posted:

There's a front page?

img-timeline

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

lmao rip

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

pliable posted:

Well said, sir. I kinda was looking back at older stuff too recently and...it's also aged pretty horrendously and just complete yikes.

Yeah, stuff like EPG telling a woman who had suffered multiple miscarriages "Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded" does look pretty bad on retrospect.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's something poetic about Lowtax dying and a dozen furries talking openly about suiting in his death thread

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Can't wait for the one poster who finds out about Lowtax dying from WebTV

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

No Beezer, no Mellanby, but it's still Year of the Rat!

the first goon meet was something awful, alright. I took a couple of fellow goons to Cheetah's (RIP) and one of them was never seen again, in person or on the forums. i often think of the lost goon, forever lost in a sea of stripper titties and missing his kidneys to body harvesters

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

At least you're not that one dude who found out on Reddit

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah, stuff like EPG telling a woman who had suffered multiple miscarriages "Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded" does look pretty bad on retrospect.

It looked bad at the time tbh

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

lowtax gave me this username in a "post in this thread and i will change your username" thread in like 2010 and ive wanted to change it for at least 4 years now but never bothered. that's my lowtax story

Same here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gray Garrison posted:

Good to see so many old time posters still poo poo on Lowtax

It's genuinely cool to see lots of old faces and flashing back to older times

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Dongicus posted:

:gas: then ban the sex pest furry ppl and the others genuinely mourning the former webmaster who beat his wife :thanks:

sounds like someone in the kennel still. whats ur 'sona bro? wanna swap char sheets?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Bhaal posted:

As a relative oldtimer and also like basically everyone else, my relationship with SA has changed a ton since the early 00s. For one, I used to be on here for hours every day whereas now it's way more selective and mostly in niche threads and groups.

Around this time last year I was backing up old hard drives and came across my huge stash of saved SA images where I kept a copy of anything funny or meaningful or otherwise neat. I was initially really excited and looked forward to a stroll down memory lane.

Yeah, no. My memory had on rose colored glasses and going through those images was a mixed bag of emotions. A ton of agonized moments going "Oh god, I remember this one, and I remember thinking it was funny back then!". I wasn't even into edgelord poo poo, it was all pretty mainstream internet/SA humor that I found so awesome.

Before I started in on looking through them, I thought of uploading it all somewhere and sharing here just for nostalgia's sake, but too much of it has aged horrendously and is shameful. It would take hours of curation and then wouldn't be an honest account of the time, regrettably.

Just share it. Of course it’ll be bad but it will be a fun and interesting look at the forums earlier culture through an unbiased uncensored mass upload.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUFfeTjuPeg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I spoke to Richard once on Blizzard's game launcher IM program while playing Overwatch and he seemed kinda defensive and very thin-skinned. Still he didn't curse me out or anything so that was nice of him.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

jeez theres a lot of people posting itt, did someone die or something

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Morshu posted:

also a lot of the furry hate is and always has been thinly veiled homophobia lmao

also am I the only one who is gunna post fursuit pics wtf??

kiwifarms, yet another site that jerks off to whatever goons are doing and fails to dox us usually, for whatever dumb reason, is presently gloating. and screens of this thread are probably popping up, I'd keep stuff for another thread.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Jazerus posted:

ah i see, not only are you constantly a bitter weirdo in qcs, you're also part of the vanishingly tiny fraction of posters that still hates furries

lmao

I like to think of it as having some self respect.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I spoke to Richard once on Blizzard's IM program while playing Overwatch and he seemed kinda defensive and very thin-skinned. Still he didn't curse me out or anything so that was nice of him.

I bet he was playing Doomfist.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

I knew it!

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Rated 5, going hog wild.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GolfHole posted:

jeez theres a lot of people posting itt, did someone die or something

No-one important.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

Just share it. Of course it’ll be bad but it will be a fun and interesting look at the forums earlier culture through an unbiased uncensored mass upload.

one dude sent me a burned copy of some game or other back in like 2004 or so and included gratis was another cd absolutely chock full of image macros and the full version of the Bubb Rubb whistle tip muffler news interview. I wish I could find the disc.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Best case scenario is lowtax ain't dead and tomorrow morning he takes to Facebook to scream about how SA is a bunch of SJWs and fursuit havers

and by best I just mean funniest

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
just DM me your fursuit pics and twitter handles fam :h:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hey buddy what’s up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Whatever will happen to Goldbelly now?

They get sold to Jeffery, his nefarious plot this whole time

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Rest in Piss

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Factor_VIII posted:

jfc i forgot about :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

It's not news, it's fark