Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
being on the forums at a time like this is like attending a multi-chambered funeral parlor. in every chamber, a different section of the community is holding a wake. i've been to d&d's wake, pyf's wake, fyad's wake and qcs's wake. i will not go to gbs's wake; it is sure to be a wretched affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 8, 2024

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

there's no such thing as an unclean bird

take it up with John then

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Cease to Hope posted:

take it up with John then
i will be taking a lot of things up with john when i meet him

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

quote:

His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

What a loving lame-rear end thing to do, jesus christ. At least tell your god drat children you love them, gently caress.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I can't believe Vanya is 16. I've been looking at pictures of this amazing dog for over half a decade.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, shot himself to spite his exwife, who he abused, and to make it just that much harder for her to get the money he rightfully owed her.

this has all been a wild ride, but this feels like the last trailing plot point. i don't think this is necessarily his thought process behind his ending his life. i guess i wouldn't be surprised if enough came out about it that you could say for sure he did kill himself out of spite of her, but decisions and mentalities leading up to these things is often just a mystery.

having been enlisted in the past for the welfare checks that confirm the worst, it's a subject that sticks with me and forces me to try to let go of the simple answers. and then later just try to forget trying to piece together why exactly things were done like they were.

thanks to this thread for the super turbo summary of 8 trillion pages of this drama

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Kavros posted:

this has all been a wild ride, but this feels like the last trailing plot point. i don't think this is necessarily his thought process behind his ending his life. i guess i wouldn't be surprised if enough came out about it that you could say for sure he did kill himself out of spite of her, but decisions and mentalities leading up to these things is often just a mystery.

having been enlisted in the past for the welfare checks that confirm the worst, it's a subject that sticks with me and forces me to try to let go of the simple answers. and then later just try to forget trying to piece together why exactly things were done like they were.

thanks to this thread for the super turbo summary of 8 trillion pages of this drama

He'd been chronicling his efforts and intentions to spite his exes on facebook for absolutely ages and after burning through 400k it wasn't especially up in the air that that was a real intention. That he then shot himself within 24 hours of the court ordering him to pay $350 of child support really says it all.

Read the ladyambien posts and skip the other 130 pages. Sadly there's not much up in the air, even if we will never precisely know what was going through his head, we very much do know what was going through his head for the last year of his life and it was a whole bunch of unapologetic spiteful poo poo. Dude never apologized or took any accountability and died denying that he'd ever been anything other than the victim of spiteful women out to get him.

In conclusion, what a loving lovely situation for his exes and children. My heart goes out to them.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 11, 2021

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

from what i gather the guy just really really went off the rails after he got bought out of SA

he'd hosed up pretty horribly even before that. he could've just been less of an rear end in a top hat and he probably could've built up enough of a nest egg to retire over a few years. instead we have this mess

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I also get the impression that he’d been digging in his heels on the point that he’d never been found in court to be an abuser, so the accusations didn’t really count, and apparently this court ruling took that away from him.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I can't believe Vanya is 16. I've been looking at pictures of this amazing dog for over half a decade.
he kisses you across time and space

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
vanya's kind are powerful. they look and behave like dainty teacups, but they were bred to plunge face-first into blackberry brambles and kill whatever was found therein, abide in 40c heat, and survive frequent confrontations with foxes, deadly snakes, wedgetail eagles, and australian cattle dogs

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i didn't get full custody of vanya until he was eight, and before that he was in a home with less restrictive dog safety standards. from the time he was about six weeks old he used to just roam the bush totally unfettered all day long. most of his scars come from this era, i have no idea how he got them. when he was five, he got his collar stuck on something in the wilderness. he was gone for five days and then he found his way home, skin and bone, totally dehydrated, covered in crow pecks, collar-less and with half the skin on his neck rubbed off from freeing himself. his wandering days ended then, and he became a man of the house. he also got really fat for a few years after that because he was getting no exercise and lots of treats, but it doesn't seem to have harmed him long-term. orb vanya was a strange time.

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 12, 2021

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so what he waited until he got emaciated enough that he could wriggle free from his collar and then made his way home

maybe he really *is* a creature of the fae

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oh, in australia naturally, a land so spectacularly inhospitable that even the notoriously rapacious british empire had to force people to go there and genocide the natives

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

V. Illych L. posted:

so what he waited until he got emaciated enough that he could wriggle free from his collar and then made his way home

maybe he really *is* a creature of the fae
yes, while somehow fighting off hungry crows the whole time. the big scar on his neck is from where the vet had to surgically remove the mess he'd made of himself

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
and he gets emotionally devastated by a light drizzle of rain

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

opportunity of a lifetime lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao i hope its the same lady from these forums

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao i hope its the same lady from these forums
i heard she actually kept the dog and it did end up bonding with her children, ensuring they will never be bullied at school

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
why do the interesting forum things always happen the one night i step away from my computer?

this new dune movie has a weird look

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why do the interesting forum things always happen the one night i step away from my computer?

vanya has been happening continuously for just slightly more than 16 years

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I would agree though that we always are in need of more vanya if you ask me

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
lol-ing at the thought of somebody wandering into the 10,000 page lowtax gbs thread to call lady ambien out for saying d&d was too leftwing in like 2017

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exmarx posted:

lol-ing at the thought of somebody wandering into the 10,000 page lowtax gbs thread to call lady ambien out for saying d&d was too leftwing in like 2017

something something time and place and goons

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

exmarx posted:

my favorite SA take ive seen in the wild is that lowtax closing LF set the meme left back by a decade because they lost a space to organize while the meme right had 4chan, reddit.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

my favorite SA take ive seen in the wild is that lowtax closing LF set the meme left back by a decade because they lost a space to organize while the meme right had 4chan, reddit.

lol LF was pretty stupid, in retrospect. we all had a lot of growing up to do.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

exmarx posted:

hahaha

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
we enter a new forums era, haunted by lowtax's malevolent poltergeist

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Randler posted:

If you really want to piss off the old, white, middle-class, tell that opera is functionally just the Michael Bay blockbusters of their respective time period, with their focus being on overproduced effects, emotional music and non-sensical plots that rely on sex, blood and violence.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

fauna posted:

i'm poised above the precipice of actually, for the first time in my life, being in a geographical and financial position to become a keeper of flocks, LORD willing
update: the LORD wasn't willing

lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

fauna posted:

lol

he's such a tease

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fauna posted:

lol

Just slightly alter the composition of the flock and see if you can trick them.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
thinking about the cspam shooter again

https://twitter.com/Senn_Spud/status/1459650994875162624

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
excuse me, didn't he just shoot a bad guy in the toe or some poo poo? goons aren't high achieving enough to wrack up bystander casualties

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

excuse me, didn't he just shoot a bad guy in the toe or some poo poo? goons aren't high achieving enough to wrack up bystander casualties

He's drat lucky he didn't hit some kid on the other side of the street. The moron should go to prison regardless, tho.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
man the china thread sucks so bad but the people who get it in their head that it's the place to bust out genocide denial post even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cease to Hope posted:

man the china thread sucks so bad but the people who get it in their head that it's the place to bust out genocide denial post even worse

Buddy you should check out the Eurasia thread. poo poo is wild.