Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Colorspray posted:

She's not great, yeah - but she's at least better at sustained off-field water application. Great for freeze teams and tazer teams. Jellyfish gives energy particle with every pulse too.

She can be versatile and while never the best at anything, can fill a lot of roles.

But you're right, Barbara is cuter

bullshit barbara is cuter, i challenge ye to a duel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This event kind of confuses me. I have trouble telling when I'm hitting weaknesses on the ruin grader; sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't (and I'm aware that you can only do it when they're attacking the node things). I somehow managed to complete all objectives except "prevent the robot from going into regen mode," at least, though I'm not sure how to do that. Just avoid damaging the robot aside from shooting the weak points?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Yeah the "don't regen" thing is basically "let him live, kill other enemies, charge things, then murder him".

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, just disable it/CC it and let the spikes charge up while not actively murdering the robot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm having a theory crafting idea. Could Eula do well with Blizzard Strayer and Cryo resonance and stacking her crit damage sky high to take advantage of that or would it be too much work and better to just stick to Gladiator and Pale Flame?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

How do you kill the hydro cube in under 5 minutes?

I can kill the pyro cube in a minute with just Barbara and Ayaka, that's not a problem. Nothing else on that floor is a problem. Does the hydro cube health bar even mean anything? It's not like oceanid because you have to damage the boss first to spawn the slimes, but the slimes are the only way to kill the boss. I can kill 2 slimes on the first regen cycle and then next cycle it spawns 3 more slimes and it keeps going and going until the fight ends for reasons I do not understand. Sometimes when I kill all slimes, the boss becomes vulnerable and I have to reach it and kill it or it will regen. A little like the anemo cube, but with that extra cycle. Other times the fight ends the instant I kill the last slime, even if the boss has health. :psyduck:

My strategy right now is to wait for it to be vulnerable, run up and pop a burst, do 0 damage because it's already invulnerable, keep doing that until I have no bursts to waste, and then I start doing some damage with skills. Slowly, one elemental skill at a time. And then Barbara splashes some water on pyro cube and it rolls over and dies.

Keep in mind you can intercept that little health orb that heals it to heal yourself and stop it from healing the boss.

My hydrocube one cycle is Hu Tao, amber, XL and, Bennet.

When boss is first vulnerable, Hu Tao it.

Then drop XL's bear and the baron bunny by the slime by the healing slime. You should have a bit of time to whack the hydro cube with Bennet afterwards, but it's a short vulnerability phase.

The next time it's vulnerable, you can take it out with Hu Tao.

The hydro healing slimes can be taken out with a combination of XL's bear, bennet skill / ult, and amber's ranged shots. Amber or XL's ult also help make short work of them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

I'm having a theory crafting idea. Could Eula do well with Blizzard Strayer and Cryo resonance and stacking her crit damage sky high to take advantage of that or would it be too much work and better to just stick to Gladiator and Pale Flame?

Probably too much trouble, since you generally want Electro on your team for superconduct, and nearly every source of that is going to be stripping Cryo regularly. Maybe Sara won't be too disruptive, but is whatever else she brings gonna be worth it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

thanks to all the complaints about the event, it wasn't so bad. don't think the final phase was particularly interesting as far as gameplay goes, though i did like the new prospecting gadget stuff rather than using the treasure seelie.

RareAcumen posted:

you don't get the full benefit of BS because she always shatters frozen, so why bother. it may not even necessarily be a more convenient way to get 20% crit because you have to complete a 4pc set for that instead of using one of her 2pc mix options.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Hydrocube slimes gets clowned on by any two cryo characters. Ayaka should be able to kill each slime with a single infused charge attack. Kaeya's E is a one-shot. Ganyu, of course, is a one shot. Rosaria and Popsicle Boy's fields stop the slimes.

It's almost as fast as Kokomi soloing pyrocube, you just need to use the right attacks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

How do you kill the hydro cube in under 5 minutes?

I can kill the pyro cube in a minute with just Barbara and Ayaka, that's not a problem. Nothing else on that floor is a problem. Does the hydro cube health bar even mean anything? It's not like oceanid because you have to damage the boss first to spawn the slimes, but the slimes are the only way to kill the boss. I can kill 2 slimes on the first regen cycle and then next cycle it spawns 3 more slimes and it keeps going and going until the fight ends for reasons I do not understand. Sometimes when I kill all slimes, the boss becomes vulnerable and I have to reach it and kill it or it will regen. A little like the anemo cube, but with that extra cycle. Other times the fight ends the instant I kill the last slime, even if the boss has health. :psyduck:

My strategy right now is to wait for it to be vulnerable, run up and pop a burst, do 0 damage because it's already invulnerable, keep doing that until I have no bursts to waste, and then I start doing some damage with skills. Slowly, one elemental skill at a time. And then Barbara splashes some water on pyro cube and it rolls over and dies.

It has two separate slime-summoning moves. One where it spawns normal unimportant boss-add slimes that just hover around the edges of the arena and heal it, and one where it actually dies and splits into 3 very important death-slimes that slowly move back towards the center. You're probably killing 2/3 death slimes and then getting confused when it creates the healer slimes or something.

If you can't kill all three death-slimes in one rotation with your current team, try bringing a cryo archer like Aloy and just stand in the center spinning and charge shotting each one once. Apparently some AOE abilities (Zhongli's meteor in particular) can oneshot all three at once if you wait for them to get close enough to the center.

RareAcumen posted:

The shatter mechanic kinda fucks over Eula and Chongyun from being able to do blizzard strayer freeze teams. Hitting a frozen enemy with a claymore (or geo, or certain other things like plunge attacks) "shatters" them, breaking them free and doing some lovely amount of bonus damage (scaling with EM).
You could still get 20% crit for free just from the cryo-application part if you ignore freeze entirely but I dunno if that's worth it at that point.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ytlaya posted:

This event kind of confuses me. I have trouble telling when I'm hitting weaknesses on the ruin grader; sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't (and I'm aware that you can only do it when they're attacking the node things). I somehow managed to complete all objectives except "prevent the robot from going into regen mode," at least, though I'm not sure how to do that. Just avoid damaging the robot aside from shooting the weak points?

I suggest not annihilating everything in your path? If you simultaneously charge the spinners you should be able to hold back long enough to keep the robot from dropping to 0 HP. When it's all yellow and glowy it stops caring about the spinners, too, so that should make it easier.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Pope Urbane II posted:

Hydrocube slimes gets clowned on by any two cryo characters. Ayaka should be able to kill each slime with a single infused charge attack. Kaeya's E is a one-shot. Ganyu, of course, is a one shot. Rosaria and Popsicle Boy's fields stop the slimes.

It's almost as fast as Kokomi soloing pyrocube, you just need to use the right attacks.

Ayaka dash counts as a cryo hit so just dash into them to take out half the shield and tap them once to finish them. It's super fast and I've never had a slime reach the cube.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

kater posted:

Kokomi is terrible at healing and is a downgrade to Barbara.

Look at this guy who has never brought Barbara to Andrius or the electro oceanid fight. It's a pain in the rear end to stay near the the jellyfish, but at least it isn't actively trying to kill me.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

dogsicle posted:

thanks to all the complaints about the event, it wasn't so bad. don't think the final phase was particularly interesting as far as gameplay goes, though i did like the new prospecting gadget stuff rather than using the treasure seelie.

Hah yeah same here. Going in expecting it to be horrible helps. First try was total chaos and I think I only managed one of the goals, but it only took 2 more to get them all. Fischl should really be a reward for completing the first phase of the event, nofisching must be nofun and clunky.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

As a new player should I be using my starglitter (I think? The limited one) one more rolls or saving it for specific cards? My completely uneducated guess would be more rolls unless I’m looking to obtain or get more constellations on a specific character I really want, but idk for sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anno posted:

As a new player should I be using my starglitter (I think? The limited one) one more rolls or saving it for specific cards? My completely uneducated guess would be more rolls unless I’m looking to obtain or get more constellations on a specific character I really want, but idk for sure.

Starglitter is the more expensive one, I'd personally recommend getting more characters with that instead because the weapons aren't really the draw of the game y'know?

gandlethorpe posted:

Probably too much trouble, since you generally want Electro on your team for superconduct, and nearly every source of that is going to be stripping Cryo regularly. Maybe Sara won't be too disruptive, but is whatever else she brings gonna be worth it?

dogsicle posted:

you don't get the full benefit of BS because she always shatters frozen, so why bother. it may not even necessarily be a more convenient way to get 20% crit because you have to complete a 4pc set for that instead of using one of her 2pc mix options.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The shatter mechanic kinda fucks over Eula and Chongyun from being able to do blizzard strayer freeze teams. Hitting a frozen enemy with a claymore (or geo, or certain other things like plunge attacks) "shatters" them, breaking them free and doing some lovely amount of bonus damage (scaling with EM).
You could still get 20% crit for free just from the cryo-application part if you ignore freeze entirely but I dunno if that's worth it at that point.

Well drat, there goes my one idea ever.

Now to sweat over trying to get the Staff of Homa or doing the smart thing and not. I got Eula's greatsword from her banner and never did any rolls on the weapon banner aside from when I was new and not sure what I should've been doing probably. So, if the first 5* on that banner is a 50/50 win then it'd be a guarantee that I'd get it if I was willing to put in the 90 rolls....

Also I already have Zhongli and he'd appreciate it too as far as I know.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Anno posted:

It's fine to buy staple characters like Bennett or Xingqiu if you don't have them, but generally yes you're right. When I started I didn't believe people when they said buying rolls was better long-term, but after a year of playing daily I've seen rolls wasted on hitting too many Beidous and Ningguangs, whose cards I bought for starglitter early on

I guess if you see yourself playing daily long-term, avoid buying cards? If you're not playing daily you won't regret the cost of the cards for a long, long time

Anno
May 10, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Starglitter is the more expensive one, I'd personally recommend getting more characters with that instead because the weapons aren't really the draw of the game y'know?

Yeah the weapons gave me some pause. But ultimately I have so little at this point that getting a couple decent weapons might not be bad? The few 4* weapons I’ve picked up so far seem to have good power outside of just big numbers, usually by facilitating faster burst energy. Makes characters more fun.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Re: Atk goblet talk

Turd turning to gold because of rolls:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Anno posted:

Yeah the weapons gave me some pause. But ultimately I have so little at this point that getting a couple decent weapons might not be bad? The few 4* weapons I’ve picked up so far seem to have good power outside of just big numbers, usually by facilitating faster burst energy. Makes characters more fun.
I'm not sure if you mean the blackcliffs/royals (starglitter weapons) or you just mean rolling on banners. Most people get enough weapons to get by, eventually, just rolling on the character banner and crafting.

In general neither blackcliffs or royals are worth a whole lot, they're not exceptionally good weapons. If you roll Xiao and don't want to buy the battle pass you can consider the blackcliff pole, otherwise you can do well enough without them.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 11, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

No Wave posted:

Most people get enough weapons to get by, eventually, just rolling on the character banner and crafting.

That’s what I meant. Just get more rolls to throw at the character banner and take whatever RNGesus gives me because right now basically everything is an upgrade or at least something new to play with.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Anno posted:

That’s what I meant. Just get more rolls to throw at the character banner and take whatever RNGesus gives me because right now basically everything is an upgrade or at least something new to play with.
If you don't mind pulling hu tao and like sayu/diona sure, all that matters is that you spend the wishes you do earn on the limited-time banners you like. Don't spend any rolls on standard banner outside of free ones though, after a while you won't like seeing the 5 stars from there.

In terms of saving starglitter vs hoarding it, personal preference. There have only ever been 12 four star characters buyable in the shop, but we're hoping more rotate in some day:

I still like hoarding it because I can though, I have 250 but earlier on bought Razor C0, Noelle C6, and Amber C4.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 11, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If I want Jean should I still pull on limited banners or the standard banner? I was under the impression limited banner has a higher rate for characters

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

jokes posted:

If I want Jean should I still pull on limited banners or the standard banner? I was under the impression limited banner has a higher rate for characters

Pull on the limited banner. You can't get 5* weapons on the limited banner, but you can on the standard.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Oh I see thank you!

Kale
May 14, 2010

I like how theres canonically a power fantasy light novel about being reincarnated as the Raiden Shogun, and Ei both thinks its worth hyper analyzing and even approves of it. Also like the implication that its very likely ghostwritten by Yae.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

jokes posted:

Nonetheless, you do understand that the odds are against you, and that actively pulling for a character that is not on-banner may cost you money and you may not see Jean for a while.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

*cues up the 'I pulled a Qiqi' video again*

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I wish I had Qiqi instead of Diluc constellations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zwiebel posted:

I wish I had Qiqi instead of Diluc constellations.
Conversely I wish I had more Diluc constellations, instead of more Qiqi constellations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I wish I had Kazuha and Venti instead of Keqing constellations.

I am 1 for 7 on winning the 50/50.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Anno posted:

The only thing I'll say add to this is that it seems like, long term you're correct, if there's a specific character in there that you want constellations for then saving up the glitter to buy them is probably the most economical way to go about it.

There aren't many characters that require constellations at all but i.e Noelle's C6 is a huge damage boost that makes her viable to use as a tanky DPS and she turns up in that shop from time to time.

In the near term you can just buy rolls because early on it's the best way to get anything at all, but it's something to keep in mind as you play. Outside of characters or wishes I would not buy anything in that shop.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Realized that I hadn't done my weekly bosses this morning, so I did my 3 discounted ones back to back and got billets every time lol. Now I'm at 9 or 10 of each, except for the bow which is at 4. Here's hoping Sumeru brings some OP craftables.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Flair posted:

Nonetheless, you do understand that the odds are against you, and that actively pulling for a character that is not on-banner may cost you money and you may not see Jean for a while.

I absolutely won’t spend money, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t cutting my off-banner chances in half or something

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Doing bounties and between the geography and the million adds I tried to ignore, I would like to extend a hearty gently caress you to the spooky mountain road in liyue

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Doing bounties and between the geography and the million adds I tried to ignore, I would like to extend a hearty gently caress you to the spooky mountain road in liyue

Right, that's the one that makes you climb over a mountain to find a flower then climb back over to fight the bounty.

Always do bounties in Inazuma.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Once I got to the fight (in a graveyard?) there were a million bits of geography to get in my way and throw the camera around and also the ruin hunter fell off a tiny clif and got stuck out of reach of catalyst auto aim. And then a wandering cicin mage showed up :unsmigghh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Wave posted:

If you don't mind pulling hu tao and like sayu/diona sure, all that matters is that you spend the wishes you do earn on the limited-time banners you like. Don't spend any rolls on standard banner outside of free ones though, after a while you won't like seeing the 5 stars from there.

In terms of saving starglitter vs hoarding it, personal preference. There have only ever been 12 four star characters buyable in the shop, but we're hoping more rotate in some day:

I still like hoarding it because I can though, I have 250 but earlier on bought Razor C0, Noelle C6, and Amber C4.

The big thing about the characters on starglitter rotation is a lot of them are worth having and worth having constellations of. If I had twelve more starglitter I'd C1 Benny right now.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Hoarding starglitter is what got me Raiden c2. Saving it up to go all in on a banner can work.

That said for a new player Bennet and Xingqiu are worth picking up. And it's the only realistic road to build up Kaeya, Lisa, and Amber if you just love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

My take on starglitter is; Over a long period of time, buying rolls is almost certainly better. But, I very much doubt I'll still be playing this game in a year (I just dont tend to stick with a game that long tbh!) and in the short term its better to have Bennett than not to have Bennet (or Xiangiu). I've bought a couple of constellations (I think Fischl and Kaeya, maybe Razor as well but I couldnt swear to that) because Fischl and Kaeya were on team "Kill the loving oceanid" and Razor was my main DPS for a long rear end time, and they are all much better with constellations (and the nature of RNG does mean that I've put 60-odd wishes into a banner with certain 4-stars and not pulled them once). Dont regret doing it. Sure, if I'm still playing in another 8 months or whatever and I get a seventh fischl then technically the one constellation I spent starglitter on was... Actually still not wasted. Because I had it now and it made killing the oceanids loving birds (and assorted other flying poo poo) quicker and easier.

So, if you are in for the long haul, spend you starglitter on rolls. But if you want to spend it on a character (or constellation) you want to have now instead of whenever the RNG decides to throw them to you, thats also totally fine. If you are free to play then any starglitter you have was also free. Dont worry about it, you'll get more eventually anyway.