Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Eagerly waiting for Vice to post that he was the "Kurt Cobain of the Internet Generation"

lowtax is andy dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignited
Jun 24, 2008
It's crazy to think how much time was collectively spent here by all sorts of people, from all walks of life. How many genuine laughs the sub brought over all its weird years. Now more time is spent on Reddit, and I think humor, and the internet, is worse for it.

Thanks for all the memories, LowTax.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RIP Lowtax. This place has been a pretty huge part of my life for the past 20 years of my life so thanks for that.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

NoDamage posted:

Wait, he only made 450K off the forum sale?

well, also the logo

and the front page

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Seeing all these hate posts on Lowtax in other places makes me feel like me calling my dad a piece of poo poo versus someone else calling him a piece of poo poo.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

soy homosexual

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

frumpykvetchbot posted:

well, also the logo

and the front page

do we legally own jeffk or leonard j crabs?

ill take over leonard j crabs but instead of people he's going to yell at apple coupons in the local town crier

same re: jeffk. apple coupoms.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

frumpykvetchbot posted:

well, also the logo

and the front page

There's a

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Aardvark! posted:

I've been yelling about the Gofundme from my apartment balcony all morning, as per Jeffrey's direction to the moderators.

Oh so that's what woke me up this morning, thanks aard

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

Seeing all these hate posts on Lowtax in other places makes me feel like me calling my dad a piece of poo poo versus someone else calling him a piece of poo poo.

He was a piece of poo poo but he was our piece of poo poo, dammit.

That does not say good things about us, I think.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Sent 10 bux instead of buying a new profile pic. Hope his kids grow up and have full lives in Canadia

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shame Boy posted:

He was a piece of poo poo but he was our piece of poo poo, dammit.

That does not say good things about us, I think.

Well, you know what they say, the Internet makes you stupid

Ignited
Jun 24, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

i came for the jeffk icq pranks, i saw you get demolished by uwe boll, and i conquered my potential for a healthy well adjusted adulthood. thanks rich.

Jeffk, as in LLJK notoriety?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

GolfHole posted:

do we legally own jeffk or leonard j crabs?

ill take over leonard j crabs but instead of people he's going to yell at apple coupons in the local town crier

same re: jeffk. apple coupoms.

sorry buddy, his kids inherit the copyright
i'm sure they'll give you a deal but you gotta pay royalties

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Dear Richard,

TravellinDan
Feb 20, 2006

Wa...ter?
Hadn't spoke to the guy since February but drat I guess I should've given him the gem

https://ibb.co/8PQFxjF

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

lol,
lmao

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
It occurred to me that head trauma is no joke. What if him getting clocked by Uwe Boll led to his death in a butterfly-effect sort of way?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

frumpykvetchbot posted:

well, also the logo

and the front page

lol

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

:rip: Cliff Yablonski

Unless that was someone else’s thing.

Xaranthius
Nov 27, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I guess I didn't see this one back in the day but it's saved now. Thanks!

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Thank you for loving pupkin

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

gently caress you Lowtax, you idiot bitch

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lowtax had a lot of issues but nobody deserves to be in a place where they take their own life. It isn't funny to think of even an assholes being so deeply mired in despair they reach that point.

You don't have to glorify someone but some of the jokes being made are all kinds of foul.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ignited posted:

It's crazy to think how much time was collectively spent here by all sorts of people, from all walks of life. How many genuine laughs the sub brought over all its weird years. Now more time is spent on Reddit, and I think humor, and the internet, is worse for it.

Thanks for all the memories, LowTax.

Something I think about sometimes is that this community is made up of people from all over the world.

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 11, 2021

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

No Beezer, no Mellanby, but it's still Year of the Rat!

TravellinDan posted:

Hadn't spoke to the guy since February but drat I guess I should've given him the gem

https://ibb.co/8PQFxjF

I laughed, felt bad, then laughed again. That sums up the SA experience.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shifty Nipples posted:

What often blows my mind

:thunk:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Lowtax created something I like but also was a piece of poo poo so I acknowledge him.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ImpAtom posted:

Lowtax had a lot of issues but nobody deserves to be in a place where they take their own life. It isn't funny to think of even an assholes being so deeply mired in despair they reach that point.

You don't have to glorify someone but some of the jokes being made are all kinds of foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYGWF6qrts

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

when lowtax gets to the pearly gates do you think he'll kill himself again to avoid paying st. peter ten bucks to enter

Scarlet Letter
Sep 25, 2004

Did you say "nerd"?
Haven't posted in over 10 years but this site was huge for me through my teen and college years. Rip

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Dude killed himself to spite his ex-wife and child. You can stop white knighting.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
gently caress, what a lovely ending for anyone. I'll be donating to that GFM when I get paid tomorrow

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

quote is not edit

doody head

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 11, 2021

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Wow! I wasn't expecting to log in today and see that our dead gay forums now have a dead gay founder.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ColdBlooded posted:

I've also just realized that I've been reading and sometimes posting here for 20 years now

Suicide hotline info is in the other stickied thread if you need it

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Goodbye Lowtax ya ding dong.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

nothing is sacred and lowtax believed that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sure he was a wife-beater and scammer who killed himself after purposefully wasting his money so it wouldn’t go to his wife and daughters, but he also made these dead gay forums, so I guess we have no choice but to memorialize him like the founding fathers.

Rest in piss lowtax.