Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

He visited some of my friends a few years ago and I filmed him degreasing pizza for half an hour

It's good that he takes paper towels with him because one pizza uses an entire roll

He always seemed like the most harmless of the internet weirdos and it's nice he's doing okay.

Nobody post anything that counters that assumption, I want to remember him as The Guy Who Is Very Concerned With How High You Can Jump In Bubsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

This thread got me reminiscing

Set adrift on memory bliss of you
Baby you send me
Baby you send me
Set adrift on memory bliss of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn2MQ1Q2m9I

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

CornHolio posted:

So I posted it in the other thread, but after donating to the fund and sharing it on Facebook (where I stated nothing bad believe it or not, and no lies) I got this from Lowtax's mom. Kinda wanna send her hello.jpg but then we'd be connected on messenger and I don't think I want that.

You should donate more. We all should.

I wonder if she knows how much of a fail-son Lowtax was? Tell her.

Whizbat!
Jan 22, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

This thread keeps finding and dusting off the weirdest chunks of my memory that haven't been accessed in a decade and a half goddamn

:same:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I didn't until it got into it and then some old rusty diesel generator kicked on in the dank depths of my spinal column, gently caress

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Kim-Il Rich

Eternal admin

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Now Richard is gone, I can finally reveal after all these years the true "thing" that was so awful it gave this website its namesake:

It was your posting, lol

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Kuros posted:

I wonder if she knows how much of a fail-son Lowtax was? Tell her.

Ganging up on a woman whos son just killed himself is very SA

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

probably should have the donate thing on the top of every new page

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hillary 2024 posted:

Ganging up on a woman who's son just killed himself is very SA

She was basically behaving the same way before he died from what it sounds like, but yeah idk can we just ignore the old lady

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
can I have my lowtax ban rescinded from my rap sheet please

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Mnoba posted:

also if a mod here ever approaches you, run like hell

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Leg0z
Apr 30, 2003

I'm crushing your head!
I just want to chime in on this thread. Back in 2004 I had some REALLY crazy poo poo happen to me (girlfriend tried to kidnap some kids and hold them for ransom). I posted an E/N thread here about it and some local PDX goons got together with me and helped me pull through it all. It was a few whacky fuckin months and I was in a complete panic, and this forum and those goons really made a difference. I had zero interaction with Lowtax ever but I really appreciated what he had created and the type of people it attracted. Peace out taxman.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hillary 2024 posted:

What was will be again. What was done will be done again.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Useful Distraction posted:

oh man I just randomly remembered that painting a few weeks ago and spent some time trying to find pictures of it. Didn't someone - maybe even you TF - actually buy this?
i took that photograph about 20 seconds before I posted. it was a gift from permabanned poster notcatfish, and it will always hang in a place of honor in my home.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Useful Distraction posted:

oh man I just randomly remembered that painting a few weeks ago and spent some time trying to find pictures of it. Didn't someone - maybe even you TF - actually buy this?

pixaal posted:

Given the res of that image that looks newly taken.

I need to buy this

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Hillary 2024 posted:

The truth will set her free.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Hillary 2024 posted:

When she's just as much of a piece of poo poo as he was it's deserved. I hope Hell is real so Richard can go straight there.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
F

drkhrs2020
Jul 22, 2007
man, 45, that seems pretty long lived for hellhole MO.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Hillary 2024 posted:

:goon:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

gently caress you got me, I didn't say no dares. Just threw in another $10

Okay no dares starting nnnnow.

im gay

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Is it pronounced "Lowtax", or is it something weird like "Lawtax"?

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
real talk is this forum ultimately responsible for chris chan's spiral into eventual incarceration

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
While his mom is an enabler and probably was a bit of an abuser of his exes as well, leave her alone. Her kid killed himself. Just don't engage, have some decency.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
wonder if big peeler is gonna make an appearance

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

no go on Quiznos posted:

Is it pronounced "Lowtax", or is it something weird like "Lawtax"?

it's pronounced "estate tax" now

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

real talk is this forum ultimately responsible for chris chan's spiral into eventual incarceration

No that was kiwifarms

The Walrus posted:

While his mom is an enabler and probably was a bit of an abuser of his exes as well, leave her alone. Her kid killed himself. Just don't engage, have some decency.

No

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have to say he was such an egomaniac I'm genuinely surprised (and relieved) he didn't do it as a livestream

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Schir posted:

Buddy I think you mean DEATH TAX

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dignity Van Houten posted:

I need to buy this
i do not possess the words to describe how completely my traditional japanese watercolor goatse is not for sale.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Schir posted:

gently caress this got me

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The Grumbles posted:

yes and no, the pics of him playing card games against 7 year olds is what made him internet famous and the nearly 20 years of torment that resulted (and underlying mental illness) off-site did that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Leg0z posted:

I just want to chime in on this thread. Back in 2004 I had some REALLY crazy poo poo happen to me (girlfriend tried to kidnap some kids and hold them for ransom).

:wtc:

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I liked his early writing, and it helped me get through some rough times in the early 2000s. I still like Doom House, even if "towel head" does sound harsh to modern ears even as a joke.

It was sad to watch the guy self destruct over the past few years. I remember during Yikesaroo I posted that he should probably log off and get help, but he played if off like he was "too cool" for mental health. I figured then that his story would have an end like this. It did come sooner than I expected though. Tragic, because the guy was really lovely in a lot of ways, but if he had sought and got treatment and gotten his priorities in order, he'd have led a happier, healthier, longer life that would be a positive rather than negative impact on his kids.

Troubling to think about the days where he was giving comedy talks on college campuses that his story would have such a stark and needlessly miserable ending.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TenementFunster posted:

i do not possess the words to describe how completely my traditional japanese watercolor goatse is not for sale.

Was notcatfish the one who painted it originally? I remember it was an LF superstar but i can't remember most of those names

Satellite
Aug 31, 2001

your kiss goes everywhere
:10bux: sent. Goondolences to the kids.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Someone should write to Chris-Chan in jail and tell him that the ultimate cause of all the pain is no more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001

lite_sleepr posted:

wonder if big peeler is gonna make an appearance

After he's done with the carpet.