Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Punching your own ticket to avoid paying child support is very onbrand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Lister posted:

Looking through a bunch of the old Cliff Yablonski pages. Lowtax wrote all these, right? They are definitely not as funny as I remember them being when I was 13.

He was really at his funniest in the late 90s when the internet was mostly nerdy weird dudes like himself

Didn't SA come about after he got fired from like planet quake or some poo poo?

DogGunn
Feb 2, 2009
rip

edit: just saw the other post... ffs

DogGunn fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 11, 2021

Gophermaster
Mar 5, 2005

Bring the Ruckas
He accidentally made one of the most important websites and fostered a culture that will long outlive any memory of it's origins. Hanging out here for a decade and half, and knowing what a terrible person he was, I have mixed feelings about this. Condolences to his kids.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I'm gonna raise a mangosteen juice in his honor tonight.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Makes me a little bit misty-eyed thinking back to the teenage years of the internet.

Best wishes go out to his victims and the loved ones left hanging.

Armond Poopson
Apr 29, 2008

shitposting is a form of grieving

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

gently caress him, but also thanks for the community that sprung up around this website. Big ups to Jeff for using his bitcoin billions to salvage it before it all went down

Yeah, I wanna give Jeffrey a big shoutout for buying the forums and keeping the community alive.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Gophermaster posted:

He accidentally made one of the most important websites and fostered a culture that will long outlive any memory of it's origins. Hanging out here for a decade and half, and knowing what a terrible person he was, I have mixed feelings about this. Condolences to his kids.

Lol. People are gonna be able to draw a straight line from SA to the collapse of the United States. It won't even be hard.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eating dinner, and going to the bathroom afterwards in his honor

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Back before he got banned for the thousandth time, didn't Lowtax go off on twitter about how selfish Bourdain was for leaving his kids without a father?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Thundercracker posted:

Lol. People are gonna be able to draw a straight line from SA to the collapse of the United States. It won't even be hard.

that's pretty loving impressive tbh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Javid posted:

He was really at his funniest in the late 90s when the internet was mostly nerdy weird dudes like himself

Didn't SA come about after he got fired from like planet quake or some poo poo?

Also internet humor in the late 90's was a lot simpler and objectively not funny, so it was way easier.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Armond Poopson posted:

shitposting is a form of grieving

Everyone processes death differently.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
As an oldbie, I think my feelings can be summed up as: Huh.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
why do people keep saying lowtax' "victims"

like of trolling? tf?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Thundercracker posted:

Punching your own ticket to avoid paying child support is very onbrand.

Yeah, definitely takes the prize for selfish dickhead. I have no idea how to respond to this news. I’ve probably typed a dozen responses and deleted them but I guess I hope his kids and family get the closure they need.

In other news, stock in boxed Franzia wine just tanked.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If you think about it, Lowtax was Dr. Frankenstein and we are all his monsters.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Rime posted:

My son killed himself 48 hours ago. Should I grieve, or argue with total strangers on the internet to defend his honor!

Holy poo poo the apple did not fall far from the tree. :eyepop:

in a way its like he's still here with us

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Wonderlust posted:

I met people here I'd defend by arms in dark of night. Many condolences to the family, and Rich's family was wider than he ever knew.

pr0k posted:

If nothing else we got to meet VileRat. RIP good goon

hahah gross

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

pr0k posted:

like of trolling? tf?

he physically abused both his ex-wives and his recent girlfriend

gam
Aug 10, 2004
rock
I am protected.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

CornHolio posted:

So I posted it in the other thread, but after donating to the fund and sharing it on Facebook (where I stated nothing bad believe it or not, and no lies) I got this from Lowtax's mom. Kinda wanna send her hello.jpg but then we'd be connected on messenger and I don't think I want that.

You should donate more. We all should.

Yikes. That woman is so nasty she'd snatch bread right out of her own grandchildrens' mouths because her narrative preferences aren't being met.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

people with diplomatic skills are super rare and interesting

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

More than anything I think this should be used as a cautionary tale of what Facebook does to a man

Zampano
Jun 23, 2010

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Thundercracker posted:

I mean it's pretty much banning moot -> formation of 4chan -> QAnon -> Jan 6th

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
My condolences to the family.
Regardless of how he was, he was still a father.

I suppose the forum is lucky then that it just switched owners. Switching after the demise would’ve been more difficult I imagine.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

more falafel please posted:

he physically abused both his ex-wives and his recent girlfriend

oh whoa

is there a saclopedia entry or something I have been busy

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Thundercracker posted:

Lowtax banning hentai from the forums was a real assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand moment and this knowledge will haunt me for the rest of my natural life.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Thundercracker posted:

this literally already exists

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

pr0k posted:

people with diplomatic skills are super rare and interesting

Little Vilerat's Foreign Achievers

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

i took that photograph about 20 seconds before I posted. it was a gift from permabanned poster notcatfish, and it will always hang in a place of honor in my home.

Holy poo poo I didn't know you have the original in your home

Unfortunately this is the highest-res original scan I have

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pr0k posted:

oh whoa

is there a saclopedia entry or something I have been busy

yes, actually

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fundraiser at $51K

It's almost enough to send one of the kids to an okay university

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You Are A Elf posted:

Yeah, I wanna give Jeffrey a big shoutout for buying the forums and keeping the community alive.

Counterpoint Lowtaxes mom running the forums in his stead in his memory would have been spectacular.

Would she try to pretend she was her son? Would she covert the pun posts and garbage code into a funeral pyre for her lil Angel? Would she be worse than ozma was? Would she take a second check from big mangosteen when byob’s av revenue finally dried up? So many questions.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Drakkel posted:

Whelp Lowtax is dead, Chris-Chan and Shadman are in jail, the world is slowly healing

Shad is in jail? I thought he died.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Coxswain Balls posted:

And save jpeg

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zampano posted:

I mean it's pretty much banning moot -> formation of 4chan -> QAnon -> Jan 6th
moot didn't create 4chan because he was banned from SA. it was something ADTRW/raspberry heaven/DC++ goons were thinking of doing anyway due to an interest in 2ch/2chan and those japanese sites blocking US IPs.

Coxswain Balls posted:

lol yeah dude. i was lucky enough to post first dibs. gently caress, i know there is a big ol' one out there somewhere. i really don't want to have to take this out of the frame.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

pr0k posted:

Because of this part of his history:

LadyAmbien posted:

I'd also like to address this, with me, Rich did not get physical. I am 5'11 and I used to weight lift and was in shape, by this I mean I was physically his equal if not stronger than him. There was one instance where he rushed me and I put my arms out to stop him, another where he pinned me down on the bed, but from what I can recall right now the rest was emotional, financial, verbal and lots of intimidation like punching holes in the wall, throwing and breaking things, screaming in my face.

He did get physical multiple times with his first wife and once with his girlfriend after me.

I don't know why I feel the need to clear this up, but, I do.

He was charged with domestic violence. But pled guilty on another charge to drop that (DV) charge in the past. LA's other post (that confirmed his death) states he was found guilty of it and was to pay her lawyer and kids fees.

(Hopefully this recap isn't breaking any rules)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

CornHolio posted:

So I posted it in the other thread, but after donating to the fund and sharing it on Facebook (where I stated nothing bad believe it or not, and no lies) I got this from Lowtax's mom. Kinda wanna send her hello.jpg but then we'd be connected on messenger and I don't think I want that.

You should donate more. We all should.

He loved his children very much, which is why you should NOT donate to them. :mad: