Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The betas for both CoD and Battlefield were pretty bad. Halo's gonna be my sole multiplayer game this year. Well, that and I'll probably still be playing Nuketown on Black Ops Cold War lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

BF is good now

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

kri kri posted:

BF is good now

Yeah, 2042 seemed fine from the three games I played today. Portal seems neat.

I don't play a ton of Battlefield, though. Maybe people who are more into it have deeper issues with it. I had fun.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattswider/status/1458932898120273920?s=21

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

This is the OLED everyone recommends, right?

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-oled55c1aub

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah really any of the LG oled. Check the IYG thread to confirm.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I know theres a TV thread but how are the Sony OLEDs? they are double the price of the LGs in :australia: pretty much so I never looked much further.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're the exact same panel that's paired with a different processor that has slightly better motion handling and probably a few more nuances if you really wanna get into the weeds of it.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The FPS in San Andreas must be hovering around 15 at points when it rains. How the gently caress is that possible when the game looks like crap. Coming from 60 FPS Horizon 5 to this poo poo is mind boggling.

Are Rockstar bad developers now?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They outsourced it to some tiny lovely studio because they were too busy trying to find somewhere to store the trillions of dollars GTA Online makes every single minute.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Crafty posted:

The FPS in San Andreas must be hovering around 15 at points when it rains. How the gently caress is that possible when the game looks like crap. Coming from 60 FPS Horizon 5 to this poo poo is mind boggling.

Are Rockstar bad developers now?

They released RDR2 with its default control scheme in 2017 or whatever? so yes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have it set to Performance mode in GTA III and it doesn't even lock at 60 lol

Also, happy page 1000 Xbox

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Rageaholic posted:

I have it set to Performance mode in GTA III and it doesn't even lock at 60 lol

This genuinely shocked me. I’d be requesting a refund if all Xbox games weren’t absolutely free thanks to Phil Spencer’s generosity.

Seems pretty low effort to me.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

So I just had a month of Gamepass ultimate for a buck and let it expire so I could downgrade back to regular and it still gave me the 3 months for a buck deal. lol

Can you bail out of cars and move the camera with the right stick in GTA3? Those two little things always made it the hardest to go back to.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Crafty posted:

This genuinely shocked me. I’d be requesting a refund if all Xbox games weren’t absolutely free thanks to Phil Spencer’s generosity.

Seems pretty low effort to me.
For sure. I'm not impressed with it but I'm still playing it because I love GTA III. They definitely said they'd make it feel more like GTAV, though, and outside of a couple QoL improvements, it really doesn't.

spaceblancmange posted:

So I just had a month of Gamepass ultimate for a buck and let it expire so I could downgrade back to regular and it still gave me the 3 months for a buck deal. lol

Can you bail out of cars and move the camera with the right stick in GTA3? Those two little things always made it the hardest to go back to.
You can move the camera with the right stick but you can't bail out of cars until they're stopped, which sucks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6oHQhDM73w

halo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Yesterday was the 17th anniversary for the launch of halo 2 in the U.K. I went to the midnight opening, couldn’t wait to play multiplayer on my dialup connection.

Xbox stays winning

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Man, I’m trying to three star this one challenge where you have to stay above a certain speed in FH5. When I watch other people do it on YouTube they don’t have this big puddle of water that either slows you down or makes you spin out. I think they added that in a patch.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Waiting for something epic to happen on Nov 15, like Halo MP dropping early

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 12, 2021

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

It's really cool that I bought the new Skyrim upgrade but my wife's account on the same console can't access any of that stuff because it's inside the creation club and only works on the account that bought it.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

page 1000
xbox stays winning.

i keep running into poo poo and getting stuck up against houses in forza. but still winning.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

owls or something posted:

It's really cool that I bought the new Skyrim upgrade but my wife's account on the same console can't access any of that stuff because it's inside the creation club and only works on the account that bought it.

owned by Todd again

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

kri kri posted:

Yeah really any of the LG oled. Check the IYG thread to confirm.
Note that the C1 is the first one with a new panel since 2016, all the previous models were processor/feature updates

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

ZeeBoi posted:

Man, I’m trying to three star this one challenge where you have to stay above a certain speed in FH5. When I watch other people do it on YouTube they don’t have this big puddle of water that either slows you down or makes you spin out. I think they added that in a patch.

The season just changed to summer, the wet season, today so that would be why

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Happy page 1000! :toot:

If you have Game Pass Ultimate there's currently a really easy way to earn 6000 MS Rewards points via the BF2042 trial:

1 - Open MS Rewards App on Xbox
2 - Activate Battlefield 2042 punch card
3 - Go to “My Games and Apps” > Full Library > EA Play > Game Trials
4 - Start download for Battlefield 2042 trial version
5 - Go back into MS Rewards app and the punch card should now be completed

After the punch card completes you can just cancel the download if you want. ;)

Edit: This no longer works.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 12, 2021

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fanatic posted:

If you have Game Pass Ultimate there's currently a really easy way to earn 6000 MS Rewards points via the BF2042 trial:

Thanks! That's what, like over a month's worth of free sub? XSW Xbox Stays Winnregglkrllllllllllllllll

Edit: may be a console-only thing, I can't find a BF2042 punch card on PC.

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 12, 2021

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
3 months is 36000 points so yeah like 2 weeks free nice find!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ixnay posted:

The season just changed to summer, the wet season, today so that would be why

That is an interesting wrinkle if season determines if a certain challenge is affected. Huh.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Fanatic posted:

didn't work for me. Sadge

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laffo Forspoken is coming out to Steam, EGS, and Windows 10 with Xbox achievements on day one so apparently sony's budget for exclusives is just "not a physical device called xbox"

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

heehee posted:

didn't work for me. Sadge

Seems like they patched it already unfortunately. That didn't take long. :(

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

hanyolo posted:

3 months is 36000 points so yeah like 2 weeks free nice find!

Holy lol I’d seen it mentioned in this thread but I didn’t realise you needed so many reward points for a free month of Ultimate. I’ve only semi-recently got a Series S and Ultimate, and over the last 2 weeks I’d been putting an effort in to open the mobile app every day, play any challenges for games I’ve got installed, etc. I still haven’t quite reached 1000 points.

Unless these huge points bonuses come along often (which sounds like it was unintentional as it’s “fixed” already, from the above) it really doesn’t seem worth all the busywork to me. I got the impression you could just pick up a free month by playing games as normal, but at this rate I think I’d rather just disable the notifications and be done with it..

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Froist posted:

Holy lol I’d seen it mentioned in this thread but I didn’t realise you needed so many reward points for a free month of Ultimate. I’ve only semi-recently got a Series S and Ultimate, and over the last 2 weeks I’d been putting an effort in to open the mobile app every day, play any challenges for games I’ve got installed, etc. I still haven’t quite reached 1000 points.

Unless these huge points bonuses come along often (which sounds like it was unintentional as it’s “fixed” already, from the above) it really doesn’t seem worth all the busywork to me. I got the impression you could just pick up a free month by playing games as normal, but at this rate I think I’d rather just disable the notifications and be done with it..

You kinda have to do the Microsoft Rewards app stuff to make decent points, which is seperate from the Game Pass app as it covers both games and other things.

In the Rewards app there's a weekly streak thing that's not too hard to keep going (it's usually earn 3 achievements, do 3 Bing searches etc.). More weeks = more points payout. There's also searches, quizzes etc you can do if you can be bothered.

Then there's one-off events that can really boost your points, such as earning an achievement in a featured game for 500 points, and the (rarely seen) Gamerscore challenge where you can earn up to 10,000 points.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fanatic posted:

You kinda have to do the Microsoft Rewards app stuff to make decent points, which is seperate from the Game Pass app as it covers both games and other things.

In the Rewards app there's a weekly streak thing that's not too hard to keep going (it's usually earn 3 achievements, do 3 Bing searches etc.). More weeks = more points payout. There's also searches, quizzes etc you can do if you can be bothered.

Then there's one-off events that can really boost your points, such as earning an achievement in a featured game for 500 points, and the (rarely seen) Gamerscore challenge where you can earn up to 10,000 points.

The 10,000 point challenge is kind of a trap, the rewards app will happily give you 50 points each day for your precious achievements. (Unless you follow a guide to bang out ten game pass games you don't actually want to play, I guess.)

Not that it really matters much at all.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah I do the minimum effort of opening the gamepass and rewards app once a day and cashing in the achievement one if I managed to get one and the weekly treasure and that gets me about 30000 points a year which gives me 3 months of free gamepass

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Recently, xbox reset my 40 week streak while I still had finished the week. I never recovered.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The 10,000 point challenge is kind of a trap, the rewards app will happily give you 50 points each day for your precious achievements. (Unless you follow a guide to bang out ten game pass games you don't actually want to play, I guess.)

Not that it really matters much at all.

Oh yeah I forgot about the +50 for an achievement. Definitely a good one to redeem.

Also for those easy Game Pass quests that have a specific game; if the game is on xCloud you can just load it up that way instead of downloading it. :)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I don't understand why i see all these posts about challenges to get free gamepass ultimate. Why don't you just buy 3 years of gold and upgrade the whole lot for $1, or $10.99 if you already used the offer?

Not challenging enough for you? I don't have to pay poo poo till 2023.

Why the hell can't I play battlefield 2042 yet, i thought it was released today

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe I like making 50 Bing mobile searches, ever think of that HUH???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There's this chrome extension that does the searches for you.