Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Excels posted:

BLAME, it has almost no dialogue, the story and art are loving rad, and it has a half-decent OVA as well

Oh gently caress I forgot about BLAME somehow, yeah read BLAME it's excellent

I have the large special editions with the high quality pages. It's literally the only manga I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001

Valko posted:

"The company was bought by YOSPOS for an undisclosed amount."

I've always wondered if Jeffrey was associated with YOSPOS. This just about confirms it.

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.
It has been years since I have been here but RIP. End of the end of an era.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Cutedge posted:

At some point there ceases to be a difference

You lose yourself in your character and jokes.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Despite being around here for 16+ years I never interacted with the guy, but this place has been the only consistent thing in my life since I was a teenager, and that's something to appreciate.

I hope his kids come out ok in all this.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

PT6A posted:

Just thinking about how this situation compares to a few former friends who also created much-loved, interesting communities (smaller and IRL, though) and it's odd... these folks all have/had the capability to germinate these communities/spaces/etc. and then, to a man, they lose control as the communities grow organically and become resentful, bitter assholes who engage in varying degrees of self-harm rather than appreciating what they've managed to do.

I guess it's hard to accept that it ain't all about you anymore, but it's brutal to watch.

I feel like the other end of this spectrum is becoming a cult leader and threading the needle between the two is very difficult and rare

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Vakal posted:

All this Lowtax nostalgia made me think of Planet Quake and it turns out the site is still up.

http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View452e.html?view=POTD.Detail&id=374

Sadly posts in the forum and other stuff is broken. Web 1.0 not being archived was a disaster. :(

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Valko posted:

I hear he is rebranding his company as 'Meta' or some poo poo.

As for newspaper articles? I have no idea why TheSun.uk is reporting on this. It's the sort of British tabloid that features Momo and Black Eyed Kids as front page stories (maybe it was The Star?).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/16707416/richard-lowtax-kyankas-ex-wife-megan-austin/

Why they are taking an interest just now is beyond me and now they are bringing one of his ex's into it. I read the article and it seems like someone clueless who just found out about SA and is trying to condense the entire history of the forums into several paragraphs.

"The company was bought by YOSPOS for an undisclosed amount."

Who is this mysterious YOSPOS organisation?

i like how they introduce him as a TV producer

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Gothmog posted:

It has been years since I have been here but RIP. End of the end of an era.

are you the gothmog from the old blood 2 forums

His Divine Shadow is around here somewheres

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Guys we are really never going to get our spaceship pictures now

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Goddamn. Been a bit of a poo poo show lately, but that. Ruhe in Frieden.

Mimiga
Apr 16, 2007

Scary, but fluffy.
logging in for the first time since who-the-gently caress-knows to say 'wow i didn't know the forums still existed' and to throw in 20 bucks.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Trying to be positive, I love these forums and for that I am grateful. It's crazy to think how big of an impact SA has had on not only all of us but people who have never even heard of it one way or another.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Man, that guy left children left and right.

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"
this is some crazy poo poo.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lmao

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

The General posted:

I guess to get away with being a comedy rear end in a top hat, you have to be cool in every other respect. The first DV allegations shattered that illusion. Maybe Lowtax himself held onto it until the judge shattered it for him.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

I hope his loved ones find some peace.

I feel weird. I've been here on and off over the years. While his final years were, charitably, not great, I am sad that it turned out like this.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
So, obviously, gently caress lowtax, but this forum helped get me through some awful times and for that i am grateful.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I enjoy this website

That is all

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

👀

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mimiga posted:

logging in for the first time since who-the-gently caress-knows to say 'wow i didn't know the forums still existed' and to throw in 20 bucks.

Hi, pull up a chair and stay awhile, we have something like 10% better posts these days!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Sudden Javelin posted:

I enjoy this website

That is all

:same:

Frink
Jun 17, 2005

F(?)

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

stab posted:

Guys we are really never going to get our spaceship pictures now

Can't believe it took this long for someone to post this

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Mimiga posted:

hey welcome it's a fair bit quieter but also people have stopped both casually dropping that one homophobic slur and cyberbullying strangers who run eccentric websites, so overall things are on the up

wtfd00d
Feb 21, 2002

The Original What The Fucker
RIP Lowtax

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
:yikeseroo: it's dangerous to be on these lollerskates with all the stairs in my house!

The forums have been both a life saving and enriching part of my life, as well as a horrible influence. So it's impossible to say if they are good or bad but I'm glad they exist. So wild how lowtax just kept being the ubergoon of old SA, long after we all grew up and matured.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

The General posted:

I've been reflecting on this a lot lately. I'm generally the funniest guy in the room, but now when I'm trying to tell people I'm struggling they're just like "nah, you're too put together and funny!" Whoops.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im hesitant to ever post anything anywhere because im going to make fun of some idiot who died masturbating while posting on th

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Call Your Grandma posted:

he's beating wives in heaven now

gently caress Lowtax

Also, for anyone that didn't know (I was at the office all day and just now say the thread, and I'm not checking if it was brought up) Lowtax was reaching out to former mod slowbeef on Steam of all things recently to try to get pity / money (probably) because bussing tables wasn't cutting it. Now a few minutes ago I found out he had all that money, and was trying to avoid child support by throwing it all away. That guy is a loving piece of poo poo.

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
too lazy to keep up with this thread

Has someone done a photoshop yet of a death rich holding a shotgun and his face blown off revealing goatse?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I've been reflecting on this a lot lately. I'm generally the funniest guy in the room, but now when I'm trying to tell people I'm struggling they're just like "nah, you're too put together and funny!" Whoops.

Lol owned bitch

PM's are open if you ever need a random stranger to talk things out with or something, sorry to hear you're goin through some poo poo :shobon:

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

lol

Rocksteady
May 14, 2002
This place was a good friend of mine for a long time. RIP Lowtax

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hrist posted:

gently caress Lowtax

Also, for anyone that didn't know (I was at the office all day and just now say the thread, and I'm not checking if it was brought up) Lowtax was reaching out to former mod slowbeef on Steam of all things recently to try to get pity / money (probably) because bussing tables wasn't cutting it. Now a few minutes ago I found out he had all that money, and was trying to avoid child support by throwing it all away. That guy is a loving piece of poo poo.

I did not in fact know this lmao

Slowbeef is cool and good and a million percent better a person, everyone go watch slowbeef's youtub videos and streams

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lowtax will return in...Goldbelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynomial-c
Nov 27, 2000

Blowing the dust off this account to say RIP.