Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Could NXT dark horse win worst weekly show?

not with Raw on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
enjoyed Bryan noting the Kingston sprint, funniest thing on the show

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I also enjoyed Dave and Bryan discussing their food options in San Jose.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
hoping we get the drive through story one day

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can someone tell Dave to say modeling or something instead of Bikini Pictures

i think even if he said Thirst Traps it'd sound better

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ll give him a call

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NXT 2.0 is a worse show than current Raw but drat there were a lot of bad Raws this year and NXT was good for a while. At least that's how I'd vote.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think you could argue NXT 2.0 is a different show from NXT and should be considered separately. Is there any precedent for that in the past though?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave and Bryan already planning am 8 hour day with the AEw and San Jose New Japan show and I'm like that's a lot of wrestling...and than I saw day one of the BOSJ is that day and we get Despy/Sho and whelp guess that's a full half day of wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave’s recap of NXT this week sounds like an AI made up the show. How in the gently caress does anyone watch this.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dave’s recap of NXT this week sounds like an AI made up the show. How in the gently caress does anyone watch this.

"I forced Bruce Prichard to watch 1,000 hours of New Generation Raw and this is what he wrote"

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

It's the best WWE show. It's so stupid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not three hours so it’s bettter

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol that Bryan desperately wanted to rag on NXT but Semp intentionally went long. Which for Semp is saying something

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1458958485790466054

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

can someone tell Dave to say modeling or something instead of Bikini Pictures

i think even if he said Thirst Traps it'd sound better

you can email him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lol, right into the wall.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The super light tap on the glass absolutely killed me.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

*clack*

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
popped for 'indigenous persons deathlock'

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I thought it was called that due to the country of India

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I always assumed it was Indian by geography, but then I’m not American so maybe that’s just cultural bias (or a lack thereof).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The hold was popularized by Chief Little Wolf.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well you learn something new and racist every day, I guess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Indian deathlock was a moved based off a game the Iroquois or Miami tribes would play as kids. You'd get tied up in each other's legs and the first to extricate themselves and stand up won. They made us play the game as kids until one of us inadvertently discovered the deathlock by falling over.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Well you learn something new and racist every day, I guess.

Is it still racist if a Native American named the move himself?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Is it still racist if a Native American named the move himself?

you know, I don't think Ventura Tenario, ring name "Big Chief Little Wolf" was being entirely truthful with his heritage when he adopted the gimmick

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Alaois posted:

you know, I don't think Ventura Tenario, ring name "Big Chief Little Wolf" was being entirely truthful with his heritage when he adopted the gimmick

The only thing I can find on his heritage was this biography where it claims his father was half-Navajo & half-Spanish while his mother was full Navajo. Usually if somebody’s faked their heritage like the Strongbows or the Youngbloods we know about it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I dunno, I feel like if we were talking about like a Black wrestler who invented a move called, like, the “flying n-word” we probably wouldn’t still be calling it that if people were doing it today.

Again though I’m not American, so I don’t have a real firm grasp on all the nuances involved in terms around indigenous North American people and whatever degrees of offensive things might be so I just try and avoid all of them.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I dunno, I feel like if we were talking about like a Black wrestler who invented a move called, like, the “flying n-word” we probably wouldn’t still be calling it that if people were doing it today.

Again though I’m not American, so I don’t have a real firm grasp on all the nuances involved in terms around indigenous North American people and whatever degrees of offensive things might be so I just try and avoid all of them.

In Canada it's a straight slur. I think in America there's a little more nuance involved (?) but you should still just not say it

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

indigenous deathlock sounds better anyway imo

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Just call it the Wolf Deathlock. Sounds cool, nods to the innovator and nobody has to worry about doing a racism.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I've been to India, and I've had the move applied to me at least 3 times by Indians there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Yeah I always assumed it was Indian by geography, but then I’m not American so maybe that’s just cultural bias (or a lack thereof).

As an American, I also thought this. Always put it in the same brain space as like a German suplex.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not exactly the most logical conclusion considering the relative impact of native americans and india-indians on american pro wrestling

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Vinny sounds so defeated on this NXT 2.0 review. He's got a way of saying poo poo gimmick names that doesn't necessarily lend itself to the written word the way Bryan's does (JACK-KET TIME?), but it's almost as good

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Super No Vacancy posted:

not exactly the most logical conclusion considering the relative impact of native americans and india-indians on american pro wrestling

I always thought they meant it came from India. Just assumed it was some evil forefinger stereotype guy from the 70s that wore a turban and had moves like the Indian death lock and a sleeper called the Snake Charmer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

Again, not everyone is from America and probably didn’t necessarily view pro-wrestling as a specifically “American” thing, so lacking the cultural lenses necessary to make those connections it really isn’t that crazy to think of the country rather than the ethnic slur.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I always thought they meant it came from India.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know you Americans are sick of hearing it, but listening to the newest Figure Four with Bryan and Lance and Jesus loving Christ you guys pay criminal amounts of money for healthcare :stare: