Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Gaz-L posted:

Alternatively replace Wright with like Kiersey Clemons or someone. Recasting Shuri shouldn't be the issue that recasting T'challa is.

yeah, they really should just fire her and recast the role tbh, I'm not sure Wright has even filmed that many scenes given that her on-set injury was back in August

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Politics aside, if your personal life choices prevent you from showing up to work it usually doesn't bode well for your continued employment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

Black Panther Nakia let's gooo

Black Panther: Too Many Panthers!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Shuri can 100% be recast. It's not worth the headache and all of Wright's poo poo just drags down what should be a movie in celebration of Boseman.

Or I guess Shuri only shows up in Zoom calls.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shuri and T'challa just keep their masks on the entire time.
Both are voiced by Chris Pratt

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Multiverse T'Challa and Shuri are introduced, played by LaKeith Stanfield and Zoe Kravitz.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TwoPair posted:

Maybe it's a little tinfoil hat-y but at this point I feel like there are no real leaks. It's such a predictable cycle during the production of these movies, whether it's because of set photos or posters that give away stuff or Tom Holland (or insert another star here) not being able to keep his mouth shut in interviews, it all just serves to generate hype and keep the movie in the public eye even when there's not so much as a trailer. It's basically just a marketing campaign that the studio doesn't have to pay for.

Some are definitely like that.

On the other hand Eternals had a detailed plot leak 6+ months ago that had to be genuine given how much it gave away.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

A question for someone who has seen Eternals. Does Starfox appear at some point?

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

bessantj posted:

A question for someone who has seen Eternals. Does Starfox appear at some point?

Mid-credit scene.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bessantj posted:

Yes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

SaintFu posted:

Mid-credit scene.

Thank you. Explains why they are featuring him on Marvel Unlimited

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised you were able to avoid that as like every entertainment site was blasting headlines about it back when the press screenings were happening.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I'm surprised you were able to avoid that as like every entertainment site was blasting headlines about it back when the press screenings were happening.

I don't actually go to many sites in general and I don't think I go to any entertainment news sites.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bessantj posted:

He's Harry Styles! And Patton Oswalt is Pip the troll!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
^^^^^^For a split second I got my hopes up it was Eugene Mirman as Pip "Shockingly Bad CGI" the Troll.

bessantj posted:

I don't actually go to many sites in general and I don't think I go to any entertainment news sites.

Yeah it's just this thread and a YouTube channel for me.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Just got out of the Eternals. Overall I really enjoyed it but yeah there's just a little too much going on that probably needed one last pass to tighten up.

The whole "Deviant stealing powers to become more sentient" plot really went nowhere. I think they could have dropped it and just been a just a "whoa that one is way stronger/we haven't had to fight in a long time" and been way better.

I really liked Gemma Chan's Cersei and hope they use her more in the future.

Also there was a dude in my theater that lost his poo poo laughing at every single quip and joke in the movie and it was really bizarre. The movie is really not that funny but glad he did I guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

duck trucker posted:

Also there was a dude in my theater that lost his poo poo laughing at every single quip and joke in the movie and it was really bizarre. The movie is really not that funny but glad he did I guess
He was Kingofied

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

He's Harry Styles! And Patton Oswalt is Pip the troll!

That's a real good choice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

bessantj posted:

That's a real good choice.

Thats three marvel roles for him (Agents of Shield, MODOK, Eternals). Does any other actor have that many?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

Thats three marvel roles for him (Agents of Shield, MODOK, Eternals). Does any other actor have that many?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

duck trucker posted:

I really liked Gemma Chan's Cersei and hope they use her more in the future.

Just got back from seeing it and I totally agree. She really carried the film. Sprite was great too. Basically everyone was great. This is a solid midtier marvel movie

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Really only one role, since he's the Watcher. Many disguises, one role.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1458978104467148803

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lmao

this is terrible

https://twitter.com/souvlakist/status/1458981836152086530

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay now I want an Ayer cut.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
We should have an art contest on the forums to see who can create the worst Joker design.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ayer's latest desperate flopsweaty attempt to get a "release the ayer cut" campaign going

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine is that but he has “we live in a society” tattooed on his dick.

When he’s flaccid it just says “elves”.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Isn't this just what he looks like in the scene where he's lying on the carpet by guns and knives? I distinctly remember the sharpy smile.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

JordanKai posted:

Isn't this just what he looks like in the scene where he's lying on the carpet by guns and knives? I distinctly remember the sharpy smile.

Huh, I never noticed it there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

We should have an art contest on the forums to see who can create the worst Joker design.

Gonna be hard to top that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
so umm I really loving liked the Eternals? I might have even loved it?

So much of it was right up my alley with the mythological motifs and sweeping epic melodrama and intimate pathos of these godlike beings that aren't actually gods.

It takes a rather overstated concept -- "the ends don't justify the means" -- and takes it to a very satisfying conclusion wherein the more that these characters love, the less that they are willing to accept destruction. It's like if the WW films had actually stuck their landing.

It is rather expository, and your eyes will instinctively roll at the fact that the very first thing you see in the film is a big chunk of scrolling text narration. But I found the worldbuilding to be very engaging in the way that well-executed science-fiction often is. There were parts where I knew it was the "Oh, the pacing is grinding to a halt for a character to explain a thing for my benefit" part, but I wanted to hear a lot of these explanations. I didn't feel like it detracted from the experience.

I don't think many MCU films are ever going to top the Russos' Cap films for me with their sheer competency and coherency, but it's utterly insane that this of all Marvel's movies is ending up as the big divisive thing that no one really agrees on. More of Marvel's films should absolutely be more like this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Like, you couldn't make me hate Ayers take on the Joker more.

He clearly only looked into what the shittiest fans of the Joker like. The kind of people who are really into the Killing Joke. I remember people trying to defend it when the movie came out saying "Well, a modern Joker would be the biggest gangster in Gotham!". What Joker have you been following?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Fat Joker

Foker

That said you look at Ayer's other work and you can easily understand why he would make Joker just another one of his gangster antiheroes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Laugh and grow fat!

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Like, you couldn't make me hate Ayers take on the Joker more.

He clearly only looked into what the shittiest fans of the Joker like. The kind of people who are really into the Killing Joke. I remember people trying to defend it when the movie came out saying "Well, a modern Joker would be the biggest gangster in Gotham!". What Joker have you been following?

I guess there was a method to the madness. In the sense that the Joker when he first appeared dressed in very contemporary gangster clothes, albeit purple, and as time went on that look stuck and became anachronistic. I can see the thought process of giving him a modern gangster aesthetic. As for whether Joker should be a gangster there is some precedence for him being a more traditional crook, his first appearance involved him stealing diamonds and killing the owners, he's had periods of being a ruthless criminal with a gimmick, as opposed to just creating chaos and evil for the hell of it. So prior to release I was curious and excited about what they were gonna do.

But then the film came out and it was just formless uninspired edgy boy nonsense with a mind-shreddingly grating performance. Easily the worst Joker I've seen in any medium.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Karloff posted:

I guess there was a method to the madness. In the sense that the Joker when he first appeared dressed in very contemporary gangster clothes, albeit purple, and as time went on that look stuck and became anachronistic. I can see the thought process of giving him a modern gangster aesthetic. As for whether Joker should be a gangster there is some precedence for him being a more traditional crook, his first appearance involved him stealing diamonds and killing the owners, he's had periods of being a ruthless criminal with a gimmick, as opposed to just creating chaos and evil for the hell of it. So prior to release I was curious and excited about what they were gonna do.

But then the film came out and it was just formless uninspired edgy boy nonsense with a mind-shreddingly grating performance. Easily the worst Joker I've seen in any medium.

Yeah. Sometimes Joker wakes up and decides he wants to be a crime boss. That's fine. The execution, though, yikes. While I do have sympathy for a studio Frankenstein-ing a movie, much like Fan Four Stic I'm starting to think the original was not terribly good either.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

#KeepTheAyerCut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Karloff posted:

I get that, but the Joker we got in Suicide Squad was just, a gangster in the most modern, stereotypical sense. He was not a meticulous planner or the agent of chaos which tend to be his best interpretations, but he felt more at home in like a remake of New Jack City than anything Batman. He's hanging around in clubs threatening other criminals when they oogle Harley, which seems very out of character for him. And anything we see him do outside of that, yea, he's just some edgelord try hard to be cool character.

Also again, he tattoos totally were created by Ayer taking a photo of Jared Leto and photoshopping them on him, and had the makeup department recreate it based on him just using the word tool to write Damaged on his forhead.