Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

CommieGIR posted:

Well then please enjoy my picture

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...splay-1.4320319

a voice on the wind whispered to me. it said "go hogge wild."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stargle
Mar 28, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

All these 20 year old reg dates returning to post like prehistoric mastodons laying an old diseased bull to rest in the elephant graveyard

I shouldn't have waited so long to register an account. I could have achieved something

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001

NotShadowStar posted:

Astounding…

…that this hellsite still exists, it’s exactly the same for 20 years, and (most of) you old fucks are still alive.

Welcome home. It's like a Hallmark Movie. I'll be the local grocer that you used to pick on in high school.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dont care for him. I hope he fuckin dies.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

darkpriest posted:

Condolences to Rich's friends and family. I briefly met him when he worked for GameSpy (I think?) and I was involved in running Quake servers.

:psypop: the legendary legend. Glad to see you're alive too :). Legit seeing all y'all is making me emotional and poo poo :cry:

pliable fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 12, 2021

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

ArfJason posted:

I have great news

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

NotShadowStar posted:

Astounding…

…that this hellsite still exists, it’s exactly the same for 20 years, and (most of) you old fucks are still alive.

Most of us didn't die when we turned 50.

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

Hillary 2024 posted:

gently caress'n Airdisc will be up next

I remember Airdisc. What a fuckin' legend.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I have nothing to add, but as another Forum Old I feel obligated to post something.

Goodbye Lowtax. I'm sorry that you suffered from so many troubles, self inflicted or not, but thank you for creating a place that has influenced my sense of humor and thoughts for my entire adult life.

Say Hi to your cat, Spaz, for me.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

MMD3 posted:

I can only imagine this forum has helped far more people through darkness than it's seen end their journey's in the darkness, can't believe I've been coming back here for 21 years (can I pay to get my original reg-date back?)

Bruh :cry::cry::cry:. It definitely has for me. I dunno if I'd be alive today were it not for these forums.

jfc i'm an old man sobbing over an internet thread :wtc:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

NotShadowStar posted:

Astounding…

Assuming no influx of new accounts, no major catastrophe and similar demographics to Facebook it will probably be another 30 to 40 years before dead goons outnumber the living

(facebook)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

First of all I would like to say welcome to our distinguished guests from the international journalist community

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Welp, the Vice article dropped.

Mostly a straightforward retelling of the facts, then:

Vice was founded by the nazi founder of the Proud Boys.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

In 2004, a friend and I helped film a zombie flick with Lowtax at a mall in Missouri, along with about 5-8 other goons who showed up. I remember that the basic idea was "zombies in real life," so we came around the corner of a Dillard's/Macy's or what the gently caress not dressed in full zombie attire, face makeup, and fake wounds, everything, shambling and groaning as zombies do. There were a few dogs outside the entrance, and as soon as they saw us they started loving moaning and howling like no other, as if the real zombie apocalypse was nigh. A 20ish security guard showed up, told us to leave immediately, and we did. Have to admit, it was funny, especially the dogs. Early-2000s humor in a nutshell.

After that, we went to his dad's house and filmed some backyard zombie action of crawling and groaning. He never released the film (this was before he bought his McMansion). This was when he was with his first wife and seemed relatively stable, at least on the surface. I don't know if that's a metaphor somehow, but that's my Lowtax story.

RIP, Internet man.

Kota
Jul 17, 2002

I paid how much for this?!
Good night sweet prince. Or not. Whatever.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

For the last like 20 years was running the site his job? Sounds like it would have been enough income. But then why did he take that gig teaching in China? He seemed to have no educational training

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Have Pele and Oddjob posted yet?

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bushisms.txt posted:

Too much effort for this rear end in a top hat

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x85gft0

since the internet is dumb password is lljk

Thank you. My life is richer for this.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Blue Raider posted:

Jeff paid 450k for the forums? I didn’t know that no loving way

The house Jeffrey/bitcoin built.

Much less domestic violence in this one.

freezingprocess
Mar 25, 2005

These forums meant very much to me in the 00s.
The comedy and discussion were the best.
Being in a goon guild in WoW was so much fun.
the DDOSs were amazing
I wish Lowtax was a better person.
I feel for his family.

darkpriest
Dec 11, 2000

pliable posted:

:psypop: Glad to see you're alive too :). Legit seeing all y'all is making me emotional and poo poo :cry:

It's like a odd virtual Catholic Wake.

Hope your doing good. It's been a rough couple years.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Why would you do this

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ArfJason posted:

i didn't even know he was sick

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

what I'm hearing here is that if a site was founded by a bad person one should not engage with that site

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This is quite sad but honestly doesn't completely surprise me. He had major chronic pain issues and obvious mental health concerns. I actually had a conversation with him once that got really dark and i suggested counseling to him. I doubt he ever followed up on it. Bye lowtax, at least your pain is over. I won't forgive the things you did but i won't pretend I'm not sad about this anyway.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Just some silly Internet crap

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Taco Duck posted:

Lowtax appeared to me in a dream last night, he said I have all rights to own the :a2m: NFT right before he was pulled screaming into a burning pit by demons.

:gamefreak:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Hell yeah let's bring them in!

Also Tasty Armageddon needs to be made an honorary moderator

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Golly. RIP.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In a way, the Something Awful community's moral fabric has as many structural faults as Groverhouse itself.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Oh also has rawr posted yet?

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
This poo poo is a tragedy in the purest form, and we've been viewing it across the street this whole time

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

sweet thursday posted:

In a way, the Something Awful community's moral fabric has as many structural faults as Groverhouse itself.
Load bearing spite

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

tonelok posted:

Most of us didn't die when we turned 50.

Not for a lack of trying.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
RIP may your poo poo echo through these digital halls forever

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Slugworth posted:

Load bearing spite

With truces forged as thinly as stairs

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I think a solid gamequoter post would add some levity to these dark times.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Grave robber

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Huh, didnt know this. Looked it up and kinda laughed at who founded it.
Vice was founded by 3 dudes, and predictably the one that looks like the biggest bitchboy happens to be the one that founds the proud cumstains

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
oh poo poo I remember this place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
goons, shitlords, gay people, read this shitpost; i come to lmao at Lowtax, not to ride his dick.