Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mista Fly
Jan 3, 2006

too fly:zoid:
Lowtax taught me the meaning of "interstitial" rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Im making GBS threads right now, thinking about lowtax

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

Ah, so you're gonna sell the NFT to find a birb army. Got it.

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The one thing that will stick with me forever on this is Lowtax's absolute insistence that no court of law found him guilty of DV.

Then it did.

Ganbare Gincun posted:

Ah, so you're gonna sell the NFT to find a birb army. Got it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i loved that album back in the day. if it was possible to wear a CD out, i would have. gonna cue it up while i make dinner and my gf tries out her new hair dryer + styler

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what a cool bird

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

join the sa lawyers discord

Fine!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What the gently caress is happening.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
ah poo poo. loving poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Ganbare Gincun posted:

Is that Koala's March? Do they have power over birbs?
No lol. What happened these last few pages???

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Heath posted:

Someone really wants attention.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Heath posted:

The early 2000s have vomited all over the forums, and some lady with a bird wanted to gently caress Lowtax but the only penetration that occurred was directly into his cranium.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

thread got real bad

Furb
Apr 17, 2001

rivetz posted:

I can't remember your name, but weren't we coworkers? Back at NEN?

Unsung forums legend right here y'all, at least in my mind. Top-shelf humor for years.

What people need to understand is how much easier it is for stuff to go viral today, and how much rarer that sort of thing was 15-20 years ago, pre-Facebook, pre-Twitter, pre-[insert literally any social media platform]. Whenever SA is referenced as this cornerstone of internet culture it's always via AYB and lolcats and whatever, but that wasn't what made this place great back in the day, that's just the fragments of stuff that managed to fumble and fart its way upstream to a larger audience. Packed tightly around that poo poo was this constant stream of random essays, Photoshop contests, all kinds of stuff that was super fuckin witty, creative and inspired humor that made the forums absolutely awesome in their day. (I don't intend that as any comparison to how things are now; I don't have much perspective on that, I'm just blabbing on how it was back then.) So props to the creators of those memes and poo poo that made it big, but imo there's a shortlist of 30-40 goons all across the forums that were cranking out consistently hilarious stuff at an absolutely insane rate from like 2002-2005 or so.

As far as I'm concerned, if there was an SA Hall of Fame, CgiBinLaden would be first-ballot. Cheers my dude, and cheers to all the OGs swinging through here on this weird day

Truth. The photoshop contests with us and Worth1000 were amazing. And that time we invaded Sony Online's dating game...

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Someone really wants attention.

SchrodingersCat posted:

The early 2000s have vomited all over the forums, and some lady with a bird wanted to gently caress Lowtax but the only penetration that occurred was directly into his cranium.

Futa Snake fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 12, 2021

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

DamnitGannet posted:

when i think of lowtax i think of that picture someone took of him passed out on a couch in the something awful office with some pill bottles on the table. i think he posted an open invitation to come chill since he was closing the space, but no one showed up except for one guy who took pictures and some merch without lowtax ever knowing he was even there.

really makes you think

holy poo poo i forgot about that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Snape kills lowtax

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

SchrodingersCat posted:

I know Lowtax watched Birdemic, he should have seen it coming.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rn5QdO07d8

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Grandparents off their meds gone wild with their 2003 level burns.

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

Sorry, I literally haven't logged into SA since the Romeo Rose era, I have no idea who some of these people are.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Did you run out of Twin Peaks gifs and have to settle for shutterstock images?

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Futa Snake is stealing your pixels. Better right click and save before they do so we don't lose the :10bux: emote forever!!! :ohdear:

jaxomlotus
Jun 15, 2001

I’m really sad to hear this news. Lowtax was hugely influential for me when I made worth1000 and I’m always going to look back on the fake photoshop phriday rivalry was had many years ago. RIP dude and my condolences to your family.

h 2
Apr 1, 2013
f

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

im saint germain posted:

Did you run out of Twin Peaks gifs and have to settle for shutterstock images?

:effort:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

whats the crows name?

Furb
Apr 17, 2001

SchrodingersCat posted:

God drat this thread makes me feel old.

I'm just waiting for Emily "Integral" Reigel and Euronymous to show up and we'll rip open a portal to 2003.

A wild plot twist would be Euronymous and King REol being the ones to actually drive Lowtax to self deletion in their ultimate revenge. 18 years in the making.

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

CatBlack posted:

whats the crows name?

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Posting for the goldmine

RIP guy who founded a website that I've been on for like 15 years goddamn

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CatBlack posted:

whats the crows name?

Poe, as in Poe Dameron. her favorite star wars character

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TenementFunster posted:

i loved that album back in the day. if it was possible to wear a CD out, i would have. gonna cue it up while i make dinner and my gf tries out her new hair dryer + styler

good poo poo imo

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

CatBlack posted:

whats the crows name?

What was the name of the loving convict that became an owl in twin peaks?

We are gonna crack this.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I was wrong. you should go back to 4chan after all. and never post here again, preferably

found the pink hair

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Furb posted:

A wild plot twist would be Euronymous and King REol being the ones to actually drive Lowtax to self deletion in their ultimate revenge. 18 years in the making.
Somewhere in a dark room LadyAmbien and Megan meet, then slowly pull off their faces, revealing them to be highly-detailed masks Mission-Impossible style, and laugh. "After all," says one of them, "I always warned him I was pretty as a pony".

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus posted:

:gas: then ban the sex pest furry ppl and the others genuinely mourning the former webmaster who beat his wife :thanks:

saratoga
Mar 5, 2001
This is a Randbrick post. It goes in that D&D megathread on page 294

"i think obama was mediocre in that debate, but hillary was fucking terrible. also russert is filth."

-randbrick, 12/26/08
I was backing him on patreon without paying attention since i felt bad for him and how sad his life looked.

Now I find out that he's dead and also a complete monster to his kids.

I don't even know what to think.

Edit: lol forgot about that randbrick title

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

Knormal posted:

Somewhere in a dark room LadyAmbien and Megan meet, then slowly pull off their faces, revealing them to be highly-detailed masks Mission-Impossible style, and laugh. "After all," says one of them, "I always warned him I was pretty as a pony".

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i need something from my sig

Shions of Qud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

verbal enema posted:

i need something from my sig