Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

This is probably what you're getting at, but this side of the pond Audis are very customisable. The options list isn't quite as terrifying as Porsche, but not far off.

Sign of the times, getting my winter wheels put on and the dealer has empty spaces and half the cars in here are used (and expensive)

180k Fr for a 2020 4S with 20k km seems like a lot

I can probably afford one of those Porsche's under the desk. Ring me up sales team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sab669 posted:

also has anyone ITT owned a stinger? I hate the idea of giving up a stick for my dd but there's really nothing I want on today's market and I'm over this RS.

Don't like five of us own Stingers at this point? I had a C5 Corvette for 13 years along with a daily driver for work, and I can honestly say it's an almost perfect compromise when I had a kid and needed just one car. It's not as fun as the Vette but it's fast and holds all the gear I need, only with a lift back it's easier than ever to load and unload. I can't see going back to a normal trunk. As for all the features I'm not one to ask because mines 3.5 years old and I've never even connected my phone to it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I just want something kinda quick/fun but can still haul the dogs and bouldering pads.

Trying to myself to look for a GT-Line instead of a GT2 but my dumb lizard brain wants the top model of course

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Yea I just want something kinda quick/fun but can still haul the dogs and bouldering pads.

Trying to myself to look for a GT-Line instead of a GT2 but my dumb lizard brain wants the top model of course

If you're gonna buy a Stinger, only consider a V6 Stinger. The turbo-4 available in the Stinger is the Theta II, which is an unreliable, slow, and thirsty turd.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah gently caress, didn't realize it was the Theta 2 in there. Yea I just saw on reddit the other day Hyundai/Kia just paid a huge fine over that thing lol. :sigh:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Blackhawk posted:

- Source of cabin heat for demisting the windscreen

Just use a literal hairdryer: https://youtu.be/FyZd4_2unFM?t=9m56s

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Defogging the windshield is using more the dehumdifiying aspects of the AC unit than actual heat.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Guess that depends on whether your goal is to come up with something that will actually demist the windscreen or just something that technically meets the requirement.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Defogging the windshield is using more the dehumdifiying aspects of the AC unit than actual heat.

Oh yeah you don't get AC without the ICE either lol.

My solutions to these things were:

- Electrohydraulic pump for power steering (worked great)
- Automotive electrical vacuum pump and accumulator for brakes (worked great)
- 12V heat-pump for heating/demisting and cooling (never got around to installing it)

What you can actually get away with for demisting depends strongly on the regulations where you live and the engineer signing off on it, in Australia it at least was the case that the demister had to be a 'heat source' and it had to have 'equivalent performance' to the factory system. A lot of people would fit a 12V water heater and pump to the existing dash heater core as that is the minimum effort but I couldn't do that as my heater core leaked and I didn't want to rip the entire dash apart to get it.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Sab669 posted:

if one were try to sell a car with intermittent, hard to reproduce issues what is the correct way to 'advertise' it?

I believe you lose 0 karma if you just trade it in at a dealership.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

smooth jazz posted:

I believe you lose 0 karma if you just trade it in at a dealership.

Sell it to vroom or carvana.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kill me now posted:

I unloaded the idiot hellcar Subaru at Carmax and never looked back.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

kill me now posted:

I got some quotes earlier this year just out of curiosity's sake and they said like $23K lol. Total ripoff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Sab669 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/4LLgyLi.mp4

cool cool cool

if one were try to sell a car with intermittent, hard to reproduce issues what is the correct way to 'advertise' it? how much less should I expect to get for it?
also has anyone ITT owned a stinger? I hate the idea of giving up a stick for my dd but there's really nothing I want on today's market and I'm over this RS.

The other day I was looking at RS vs CTR prices and was surprised that RSes were a good 8-10k cheaper despite not being in production anymore, having more performance, and being better received by the car community.

Reading your posts, now I know why.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Glad to be of service :unsmith:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I got some quotes earlier this year just out of curiosity's sake and they said like $23K lol. Total ripoff.

Try again, i bet the value went up.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Russian Bear posted:

Try again, i bet the value went up.

I would be extremely surprised if it didn't. Man, there are 3 year old used cars with normal mileage selling for $1k under new MSRP. It's wild out there.

My car is kinda boring and slow, but I'm just going to keep and baby it for years at this rate.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
cheaper to buy a new 22 brz than a 18-20 used one.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

That was also true of my Mazda 3 in late 2018. I was planing to buy a used car, but the new ones were cheaper. I remember thinking it was super weird.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It hasn't, I tried today too

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Sab669 posted:

It hasn't, I tried today too

Does it not have a clean carfax?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I think there may have been minor damage reported, I forget honestly.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

ryanrs posted:

That was also true of my Mazda 3 in late 2018. I was planing to buy a used car, but the new ones were cheaper. I remember thinking it was super weird.

Yeah ran into this as well in 2018. Was going to buy a used Tacoma but the new ones were cheaper with the dealer incentives. At the time I attributed it to the fact that Toyota pickups, in particular, hold their resale value.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Sab669 posted:

I think there may have been minor damage reported, I forget honestly.

That's probably the issue. Book on a 2016-2017 RS with your mileage should be ~$27-28k and a carfax hit would drop its value $4-5k. That might just be what the market is on your car right now.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

if conversions can’t happen nissan leaves gotta start looking more like nissan paos or something

nostalgia works! friendly boxy cars pls come back

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

meh

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pretty much, looks like an Acura. That yellow is horrible though.

EDIT: Oh the base model is only $30k? That's way cheaper than I thought, especially since the Civic Si is what $28k now?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Better than the yellow Nissan showed the new Z off in

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh look, the Acura Civic.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Midjack posted:

Oh look, the Acura Civic.

that's what the Integra has always been

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Those taillights are trash and look like a Hyundai.

A guy in my neighborhood has a late 90s Integra coupe with the big stock spoiler in that awesome jade color and I cannot imagine anyone looking at the classic then making GBS threads out that blob of nonsense.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah that car is trash. The rear 3/4 view make it look like it’s riding on 14’s

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2s52kC-E4

The profiles for both the new Integra and new Civic Si look nearly identical (which I guess shouldn't surprise anybody). I was hoping for a little bit more distinction but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So how about that Civic Si?!

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I need to stop looking at this thread because it just makes me depressed and nostalgic

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that's what the Integra has always been

I always felt like previous iterations had a more distinct character.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sab669 posted:

cool cool cool

if one were try to sell a car with intermittent, hard to reproduce issues what is the correct way to 'advertise' it? how much less should I expect to get for it?

I owned the 3.3T Stinger and I think it's great but I also own an RS and think that's great so maybe you're just cursed.

For real though, check all your intake plumbing to make sure it's tight and no leaks and maybe also check your MAF?

Edit: Nice crotch shot.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 12, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Honda get some good designers challenge

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

cool cool cool

On the STs there was an issue with enough of the wiring harnesses that I think some of them were involved with a TSB so if you haven't check that out

behavior looks really similar to issues with the ST caused by lovely wiring splices somewhere in harness