Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That Futa Snake guy is a piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i say ban everyone who posted itt, let god sort us out

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Strong words from a fuckface moron.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

1975 Toyota Carolla posted:

hey at least you're off the hook for that 200k huh?

Lmao this owns

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Kitfox88 posted:

kinda heartwarming to see uli living their best life ngl

We’re close friends, and he actually has been stressed af. He has PTSD with any sight of masks (which he is public about), which has completely shattered the possibility of getting a job. Working at home is not an option to him. And don’t say he’s making up excuses. I know very well these things are real to him. I highly suggest everyone donating to Ulillillia’s Patreon so that he can survive until this is all over. Whatever you think about him, just know he’s an extremely good person with high moral standards, and would never compromise this in the least. I find that’s hard to come by.

He made it clear to me his fears of driving back to ND, because he does not know how he’d eat at a restaurant, or enter a public bathroom without a mask.

https://www.patreon.com/ulillillia

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
In like 2006 lowtax used one of my posts as an example of the kind of lovely posts that would no longer be acceptable in that thread. Well, I'm still here making bad posts, bitch

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

1975 Toyota Carolla posted:

hey at least you're off the hook for that 200k huh?

good.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

ikanreed posted:

Do you wonder what the last thing to pass through his head was?

a bullet

congratulations you are the 100th poster to post this hilarious joke

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lowtax was very rude to me in a GBS thread in 2005.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Mx. posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

Debating whether or not you should troll an elderly woman who's son killed himself 12 hours earlier (Both of who are probably complete strangers to you outside of internet gossip) and then only landing on "no" because it would affect you personally, then acting like you are actually the righteous/empath party in the situation perfectly encapsulates SA goons in 2021 in a way I could never put into words if I tried.

Yeah let’s make sure the woman whose way of dealing with grief is harassing abuse victims and sending people unsolicited messages for posting charity links isn’t responded to meanly clearly that’s the hill to die on here .

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pliable posted:

This is strange but, I have the forums to thank for bringing me peace about my inevitable death. Some goon posted a viewpoint that was another dick knocker, talking about how like blissful eternal rest truly is, and asked a question of "do you remember your life before birth? well, that's how it'll be after death" and I was like :aaa:. It took years for that to fully internalize and process but, I used to legit wake up with night terrors regarding my death. Goons helped me bring peace in that regard.

Fuckity gently caress gently caress I'm sobbing again :smith:

you are not the only one who remembers and was changed by that post

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

drat this thread is moving lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I mean, it's definitely awful that Mrs Kyanka is harassing random internet users, but please do not respond to her as that family may make things difficult for everybody involved, thanks.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Many years ago, before I had an account even, Lowtax posted an article that was the back and forth between him and some lady who did photoshops of child beauty pageants entries who threatened to sue him for making fun of it on the forums. That encouraged me to make an account a few months later. That and the Weekend Web and Fashion SWAT.

https://www.somethingawful.com/legal-threats/crazy-doll-lady/1/

It was funny as hell because when he aimed his assholeness at someone who was also an rear end in a top hat it was entertaining. But being a lying rear end in a top hat in your personal life and to people who trust you to tell the truth about the forums was not great. In fact it blew rear end and hurt lots of people, especially his daughters who are going to have to process this for the rest of their lives because trauma like this doesn't go away permanently, it just gets smaller and more manageable but it's never not there.

And that's the problem with genuine assholes, isn't it? That it just flows out of them uncontrollably. They might be fun sometimes and are able to keep up the act, but eventually it will reach critical mass and you've got to cut and run for your own sanity. Thankfully we were able to collectively cut and run and preserve our community here.

Anyway, I made this account right before I moved overseas (where I still am) and it's kept me company on what's been at times a boring and lonely experience. I'm thankful the forums have been able to survive and continue to be a place to hang out.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Solus posted:

Lmao this owns
Lol I wish this was true but unfortunately, I am a man of my word and he was paid. He waited so long to sign the escrow agreement (that I had sent him months and months earlier) that there was little reason to pay their fees and no benefit for formal escrow on my end. The money had already been set aside and he got paid when he was supposed to.

real big phish fan
Nov 9, 2009
goondolences

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Yeah let’s make sure the woman whose way of dealing with grief is harassing abuse victims and sending people unsolicited messages for posting charity links isn’t responded to meanly clearly that’s the hill to die on here .

Yeah, let's just lower and debase ourselves and fall down to their level.

Idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

SpartanIvy posted:

I met a traveler from an antique website,
Who said, "Two vast and trunkless Mangosteens
Stand in the carpet... Near them, on the computer,
Half drunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that it's poster well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the spine that fed;
And on the website, these words appear:
My name is Lowtax, poo poo Poster of poo poo Posters;
Look at my Frontpage, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal forum, boundless and gay
The lone and level goatse stretches far away."

Noice.

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

Logging in for the first time in- just kidding, I never stopped lurking. RIP taxman, you ridiculous bastard.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
:byewhore:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

RIP Lowtax. May you both cause and suffer less pain in your next life.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol I wish this was true but unfortunately, I am a man of my word and he was paid. He waited so long to sign the escrow agreement (that I had sent him months and months earlier) that there was little reason to pay their fees and no benefit for formal escrow on my end. The money had already been set aside and he got paid when he was supposed to.

wait so he was complaining about not remembering to sign his side of the paper for so long that his agent forgot/gave up on the whole deal?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Anyone doubting Jeff, especially those who haven't been around in a long time, should take a look at the threads Jeff made exposing the financial state of the forums and lowtax's management thereof shortly after Jeff took over.

I'm on mobile or I'd find and link it myself, but goddamn Lowtax sucked as admin and owner of this place, and it's a lot clearer than the personal drama poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

You're not wrong, but from reading their posts here and on FB, it's clear Lowtax brainwashed her just like he did all his other partners. He just didn't get a chance to gently caress her and physically abuse her.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

lollontee posted:

wait so he was complaining about not remembering to sign his side of the paper for so long that his agent forgot/gave up on the whole deal?

Not quite - he did sign it eventually but it was like, a month before the escrow period was supposed to end, a few months late on his part. I could have turned it in and had money in escrow for three weeks but I figured I'd save the fees and just make sure I had the money to pay him set aside and ready to go. I certainly didn't expect him to call them in that time window after neglecting the contract for months and I get why he panicked, though leaping to the conclusion that I had "screwed" him like this was a back alley drug deal and not a six-figure contract seemed a bit silly.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose Oquendo posted:

You're not wrong, but from reading their posts here and on FB, it's clear Lowtax brainwashed her just like he did all his other partners. He just didn't get a chance to gently caress her and physically abuse her.

How is it always dudes that are personally repulsive are so good at brainwashing and manipulation?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Good Sphere posted:

We’re close friends, and he actually has been stressed af. He has PTSD with any sight of masks (which he is public about), which has completely shattered the possibility of getting a job. Working at home is not an option to him. And don’t say he’s making up excuses. I know very well these things are real to him. I highly suggest everyone donating to Ulillillia’s Patreon so that he can survive until this is all over. Whatever you think about him, just know he’s an extremely good person with high moral standards, and would never compromise this in the least. I find that’s hard to come by.

He made it clear to me his fears of driving back to ND, because he does not know how he’d eat at a restaurant, or enter a public bathroom without a mask.

Uillillia is genuinely a gem of the internet and is wholesome as hell. Even in these hard times I'm glad he's still around and has done his very best to overcome his issues.

Failed Imagineer posted:

How is it always dudes that are personally repulsive are so good at brainwashing and manipulation?

They target people's insecurities and promise a bespoke artisinal way of escaping or being protected from them so long as they subscribe to their Totally Not Going To Abuse Your Vulnerabilities* relationship program

vulnerabilities may and will be exposed or abused at the abuser's discretion. by signing up to the Totally Not Going To Abuse Your Vulnerabilities program you rescind all rights

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 12, 2021

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

HonorableTB posted:

Honestly, on introspection, I hope when I die that I have people who cared for me as much as futa cared about lowtax. Yeah he sucked but I'm actually pretty shook to think about who would remember me after I died and how, and tbh, I hope I've made a positive enough impact to have someone like Futa Snake posting about me after the fact just because it means someone cared enough to do something for me that they know I'd never see or know about, and that makes it more real.

Sorry futa. Gonna go do some reflection on my own mortality (this is not a euphemism)

Edit: but it's funny af to do this on behalf of a dude like lowtax come on

This is interesting because my reaction is the exact opposite - when I die, I sincerely hope the only people willing to sing my praises aren't just Discord friends.

Nothing strikes me as more a pathetic way to go than the only people willing to speak well of you being your online gaming buddies. That level of isolation is bleak AF.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It's a shame because "escrow" sounds like the French word for "crook"

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Not gonna lie, he was pretty loving good at giving funny presentations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lowtax dead so what

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This is interesting because my reaction is the exact opposite - when I die, I sincerely hope the only people willing to sing my praises aren't just Discord friends.

Nothing strikes me as more a pathetic way to go than the only people willing to speak well of you being your online gaming buddies. That level of isolation is bleak AF.

Yes. As I said, above all, he was a tragic figure. Legendary in a way, but in the end I don't think owning SA for twenty years did him any favors.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

I hope he makes it okay, as bullshit as it might sound to everyone else, it's actually surprisingly common for people with ptsd or other anxiety issues to have extreme reactions to masking. I work in mental health and it is not uncommon to see this at all. The main reason being ptsd related, it sort of simulates being choked I guess. But basically any anxieties can be amplified by *feeling* like you can't breathe normally. So this happens to all sorts of people. Had one lady just march through the anxiety of it and it took her a good 6 months of daily mask use to finally not feel anxiety over it. But this is the first time I've heard of it happening to someone even just seeing a mask. Doesn't really surprise me though based on my anecdotal experiences with lots of people with mask anxieties. Anyhoo, sorry for the derail but this has been such a huge thing I've seen in mental health and no one seems to talk about it ever. Of course there's no great solution here other than good Ole exposure therapy. But it does seem to work for those who do it. Not sure if he'd be open to that kind of thing? A lot of therapists do telehealth now too depending on his insurance. I follow him on social media and noticed him posting about this stuff, but I'm not close enough to be like "get therapy bro," so not sure if that's maybe a conversation you've already had with him? Ptsd can be pretty treatable nowadays is the good news.

And this loving sucks man. I don't know all the reasons lowtax was a terrible person, granted, but I still don't think anyone in his family deserved it to go down like this. And the fact that he did not perceive any better choice in the matter is extremely sad.

corded ware culture
Jul 16, 2007
mean green
i'm sure there are others like me who didn't keep up with SA for the better part of a decade and ingested all the lowtax drama in one sitting yesterday. what the gently caress.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
The suffering of others has always been one of life's finest pleasures to much of SA. Myself, as a teenager. Hilarious stuff. It is kind of interesting that for to how many people this seems to be the best news they've heard all week (in the face of his children's parent pleading for a kinder response), many of the ones I recognize are people I remember for being every possible kind of abuser that's possible through online spaces. I hope they never meet some of their more damaged victims. And the same detached, depersonalized irony still coats their online persona. You just can't really act it through a racial or sexual lens like you used to. I've only really seen performative irony on Stormfront training manuals in recent years, basically, but here it's still the cool guys' club's weapon of choice. At best, it feels like I'm looking at 90s comics making jokes about airplane food. The worse part looks like it is desperate to hide in plain sight, trying to adapt without improving in a world that changed around them. In this, maybe Lowtax was who goons deserved. There's something quite depressing but also comforting in how some things remain the same even through change.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corded ware culture posted:

i'm sure there are others like me who didn't keep up with SA for the better part of a decade and ingested all the lowtax drama in one sitting yesterday. what the gently caress.

Its better this way than waking up as the mod on duty in GBS when it exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
big if true