Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Donated my :10bux:
One day you won’t hurt like you are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Wilkins Micawber posted:

No, sorry, I meant all the kids. Like LadyA and her kid, but also Lauren and her sister, and their mom (Jen?). I know each marriage has been resolved and settled differently (to say the least), but he has kids from both who are growing up without a dad. Sorry if I was unclear.

edit: and to clarify, I'm not trying to take food out of LadyA and her kids' mouth. I know what they went through is uniquely terrible and they deserve every good thing they are able to get out of this wretched tragedy

LA has one daughter. CYB has two. The money will be split evenly among the three girls.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

They do take a cut, apparently, and you can also set a fraction (or nothing) of your donation to go towards them.

Fake edit: Here's their fees: https://www.gofundme.com/c/pricing

Fwiw these fees are identical for what we charge at my work to take a credit card. It's literally the processing fee, and we put it up front.

Tipping the processor feels weird to me. I assume Square is able to get enough profit doing the exact same model, does GFM do something with that additional money?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

13Pandora13 posted:

LA has one daughter. CYB has two. The money will be split evenly among the three girls.

I knew who LA is, but these other acronyms are lost on me. CYB is his first ex but I have no idea what it stands for. UA too.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Heath posted:

I knew who LA is, but these other acronyms are lost on me. CYB is his first ex but I have no idea what it stands for. UA too.

CrazyYellowBuppy and UnfortunatelyArt.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I hope we can hit $69,420. It just seems like a goon thing to do.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
going to a good cause. I hope it helps :smith:

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
Haven't been on here in a long while, but I feel for the kids here. Gladly I can drop :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: to help out.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Holy crap this was at 30k dollars when I donated last night. Incredible. Here's another :20bux: towards infinity.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

don't forget hurricane katrina or whatever when the forums donated so much money so fast to the Red Cross that Paypal froze all of the funds and declared that it absolutely must be fraud

hell this gang tag is for donating to bail funds during june/july 2020:

gently caress how could I forget about that! That was loving incredible, I wonder if I can find my receipt for that poo poo. God we collectively hated PayPal and wanted to end it for that lol

pliable fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 12, 2021

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Make the donation tag of shame shocking pink or whatever color they want

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Man I feel we are hitting that 90k. 30k each for college and other necessities is such a windfall goons are awesome.

hosed up sometimes, but awesome.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Donated :20bux: X5, it's a hollow comfort next to what has happened but hopefully it helps.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

There Bias Two posted:

Better yet just stop the campaign once that's reached and keep it perpetually filled to that amount as money is withdrawn lol

pliable fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 12, 2021

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe
Donated. I hope it helps.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.
haven't been active in years, but this was an interesting morning to get feelings. :10bux:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Tossed in :10bux: :10bux: :fivecbux:. Hope it helps in difficult times.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Added to the pile. Number go UP!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Added $10. I hope that the pain heals as best as it can for these kids, and the money raised helps them live as best a life as possible.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
$12 from me. A parent dying suddenly must be one of the worst things in the world. :(

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

is the GFM ongoing? I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and between deposits and fees and furniture my budget is all over the place until the end of December.

Bob the terrible
Aug 9, 2006
I gave :10bux:.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Sex Robot posted:

is the GFM ongoing? I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and between deposits and fees and furniture my budget is all over the place until the end of December.

Yes. Absolutely everything is appreciated, no matter the amount or time, please nobody put themselves in financial turmoil trying to help.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Donated the obligatory :10bux:

Would have liked to give more, but something tells me my insolvency administrator would start asking awkward questions, so maybe I'll do another donation if this still runs next month!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Dropped :20bux: x5, wanted to make sure it was more than I ever gave Lowtax.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Threw in ten tenbux. For the kids.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

This is truly the gooniest thing possible, please do it for the kids

And then go beyond to infinity

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 12, 2021

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Rust Martialis posted:

Dropped :20bux: x5, wanted to make sure it was more than I ever gave Lowtax.

Same here. I wish the kids the best. I'm glad I'm in a place financially right now where i can afford to give back to poo poo like this. I joined the goon food patreon a while back too. At least this hell site has now actually helped people irl.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still at this site after 18 years. Then I read stuff like this.

You're amazing. The people that helped you are amazing. And this community is amazing.

Threw in another $100 after reading this story. Thanks for sharing it.

That said, we're at $68,838. Make it happen everyone.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Screw it, donated another $20. What would I do with it otherwise, buy liquor?

Here's to the kids, may they someday shitpost with wild abandon.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

This is truly the gooiest thing possible, please do it for the kids

And then go beyond to infinity

As of this post we are only $302 dollars away from making it a reality.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nocheez posted:

Tipping the processor feels weird to me. I assume Square is able to get enough profit doing the exact same model, does GFM do something with that additional money?

I assume any tips it receives goes towards server costs and employees salaries, and since it's a for-profit company it also goes towards the owners and shareholders. Here's an article from a third party that goes over the GFM's business model.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I added :20bux: x3 to the pile. Stay strong and please give those kids lots of hugs.

KernelZee
Sep 28, 2021

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Added :20bux:

Hope the kids can heal from this eventually.

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
It wasn't much, but, still, I think it will help.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Donating this morning. Bonus rolls in next Friday, gonna dump that in there too.

Been there with my ex. It's hard. Hug everyone, and please, know we love you, kids and LA, UA and CYB.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Put down :10bux: x5. It's not much but I hope it helps even a little bit.

dorasage
Nov 3, 2008
Donated. I went through an extremely similar circumstance as a kid. I hope they can find peace in the future.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I did a thing

(ignore the weird language k)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gently caress we overshot it. Quick, someone rob those kids!