Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i still remember the ride home from the city with banjo kazooie and being so excited. middle of summer break. about to just marathon this poo poo.

tooie was a tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like I gotta check out the Eternals!

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Agreed, turn Great Britain into a prison island

I think they sort of tried that once and it turned into Australia unfortunately.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cubone posted:

I can't help what rare did to me

it's not your fault

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

e:

That Little Demon posted:

it's not your fault

lol :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the amusement park level of tooie owned

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Augus posted:

the amusement park level of tooie owned

lol

can you just post your weird fetish for all of us to laugh at now instead of dragging it out, I don't have the patience like I used to

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

it's not your fault

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tooie was a disorganized mess with an incohesive world that didn't mend together anywhere near how well BK did.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

can you just post your weird fetish for all of us to laugh at now instead of dragging it out, I don't have the patience like I used to

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

it's not your fault

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My father's name was Kingo. -- Kingo, The Eternals, (2021).

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1458754202310639616?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LUKE SKYWALKER: I am a Kingo. Like my father before me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kingo: Are you talking to my father?
Kojima: No, my father is also named Kingo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ATTENTION! WE NEED MORE KINGO LICENSE PKATEE AT THE GIFT SHOP!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kingo to the polls

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

LUKE SKYWALKER: I am a Kingo. Like my father before me.

That was funny!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Going back to the Tooie talk, It's a long read but this article about Banjo Kazooie's level design really goes in depth about what made it good. Tooie's design ignored a lot of that stuff and I think that, along with the bloat and feature creep, is why it kinda sucked

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Talkin about level design, it's wild how good OOT's dungeons are. They're basically all bangers, even the Water Temple, and it was so early in 3d gaming that basically no one had done that kind of action-adventure game before. It's incredible how well they did the first time.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

isn't the lore that miyamoto hired a guy who was a mechanical doll maker but had never made video games before and put him in charge of dungeon design

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think the water temple and shadow temple have a few minor issues, but yeah, it's got good dungeon design. I think the best dungeon design in Zelda might be A Link Between Worlds but a lot of the 2D ones give it competition.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Twilight Princess has some incredible dungeons imo, whatever issues the rest of the game has. I really liked one or two of the Skyward Sword ones too, the ancient cistern was good even though it's called old toilet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Twilight Princess has some incredible dungeons imo, whatever issues the rest of the game has. I really liked one or two of the Skyward Sword ones too, the ancient cistern was good even though it's called old toilet.

Bro what do you think a cistern is.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Going back to the Tooie talk, It's a long read but this article about Banjo Kazooie's level design really goes in depth about what made it good. Tooie's design ignored a lot of that stuff and I think that, along with the bloat and feature creep, is why it kinda sucked

i'm writing an article refuting this okay here goes. the levels in both games are bad. fin

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

cisterns were for catching and storing rainwater. it would make no sense to collect sewage and store it in a vessel, unless you're speaking metaphorically about console and the poo poo is console games stored in memory (rame and or harddrive

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cisterns were for catching and storing rainwater. it would make no sense to collect sewage and store it in a vessel, unless you're speaking metaphorically about console and the poo poo is console games stored in memory (rame and or harddrive

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Latrine? Lol