Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I'm not sure why he's classifying people calling him a lovely coach as positive. Though I feel like maybe way back when he got the job he didn't want it and so he hates it, and is hoping that he'll get fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I can already tell I’m gonna like these new side characters.

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 21-24, 1990)

Delightful all around. That Calvin is one of the very sweet ones where his parents show that while exasperating, Calvin is a well-loved child.

And I am absolutely LIVING for these Wilbur edits. I’m so pumped to see Estelle’s rebuttal!

Classic Zits

Childhood is Hell

Sylvia

And now, to close out 100 Demons, a tutorial from Lynda Barry!

I love this book so much, and it makes me wonderfully happy that so many of you also love it. It (and the rest of her work) feels so intimate that it becomes a piece of you while you’re reading it, and it’s lovely to share that experience with you, dear internet friends.

TOMORROW:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lynda Barry drew what is maybe my favorite 4-panel strip in the history of comics. I have no idea how famous it is, but the moment I saw it, it lodged itself in my heart forever.

I don't want to post it in case it happens to be a part of what you are excited to post, but I'll try to remember and share it once you're done. (It's the one about looking at art.)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Huxley posted:

Lynda Barry drew what is maybe my favorite 4-panel strip in the history of comics. I have no idea how famous it is, but the moment I saw it, it lodged itself in my heart forever.

I don't want to post it in case it happens to be a part of what you are excited to post, but I'll try to remember and share it once you're done. (It's the one about looking at art.)

I’m not 100% sure if it is, but this is quite a long book. Go ahead and post what you love! I doubt anyone will mind looking at it twice :)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 3 - Daddy

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

A strange understanding seems to be developing between Reverend Penrose and Brian. Not exactly a friendship, but certainly a more genial relationship than you might expect, given their history.

I think Brian’s personalised letterman jacket was probably his Saturnalia present from Billie.

That is a pretty nice jacket.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I’m not 100% sure if it is, but this is quite a long book. Go ahead and post what you love! I doubt anyone will mind looking at it twice :)

:)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh poo poo that was her? Also one of my favorite strips.

Thanks again for taking us through 100 Demons! I'm asking for it for Christmas

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Oh wow, I don’t think I’ve seen that before. It’s absolutely lovely. Made me mist up a bit remembering going to a Mary Cassatt(sp?) exhibit with my mom when I was about that size.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in this choice of song.

I mean, assuming it's not PJ Harvey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjxr_No-yuY

The Phantom

Ghostlight posted:

is kit revealing his son's whereabouts because he knows that even after moz writes his big book about how he'll end his legacy by rescuing savarna he's still going to go do it, but this way the family knows where the back-up is.
I bet that's it, yes. But Phantom's death will be a fake-out.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Edit: Seems I didn't post this yesterday?

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 12, 2021

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 28, 1948)

The last of the Indian panels, and there's that word again. I didn't censor it this time because there was some backlash the last time, and also in this context it's slightly backhanded.
Pictured: a reconstruction of the dwelling-place of the indian who loves freedom of movement and does not burden himself with possessions but travels lightly, far and wide, leaving no trace of his passing:

No wonder a big long house with a high roof was so novel to them.

(yeah, the Mohawks and the rest of the Haudenosaunee confederacy were hundreds of years after the strip is set, but it's not as if it hasn't already played merry hell with first nations chronology).

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like to imagine everyone in the karaoke bar is too scared now to sing.

"Um... can I go nex-"
*Wilbur barrels in* "gimme that mic, bitch! I hate you so much right now! I hate you so much right now! AHHH!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like the explosion poster on the wall

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
From one not-remotely-accurate-comic-on-the-native-peoples-of-America to another, in today's Blueberry: Two wolves live inside Blueberry, or Blueberry raises morale amongst the officers, or Blueberry recommends caution

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Mary's got that thousand yard stare going

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
from one of the Twitter threads

also, that Lynda Barry four-panel is glorious

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Drakyn posted:

Pictured: a reconstruction of the dwelling-place of the indian who loves freedom of movement and does not burden himself with possessions but travels lightly, far and wide, leaving no trace of his passing:

No wonder a big long house with a high roof was so novel to them.

(yeah, the Mohawks and the rest of the Haudenosaunee confederacy were hundreds of years after the strip is set, but it's not as if it hasn't already played merry hell with first nations chronology).

Yeah the whole idea being peddled in that panel is patently absurd, especially given the strip even showed us several Indian towns and had them build Aleta a lodge with a heated floor.

The one detail I do like (other than the art, which is beautiful as always) is the comment that they find the viking house drafty and rough. Years ago I visited a museum that included two model colonial-era villages, one with European settler houses and the other with native wigwam-style houses and staffed by members of a local native nation. The wigwams looked less like modern houses, obviously, but they were much warmer and cozier. If I had to live like it was 1700 for the winter I'd take the native village hands down.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I hope the next one is Mary herself going up

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Murdstone posted:

Apartment 3-G

YESSSSS! I’ve been waiting for Jan and Frankie (and his amazing mom) to return.

Hwurmp posted:

I like the explosion poster on the wall
I think that’s a badly copied Cinzano poster

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Slammy posted:

I think that’s a badly copied Cinzano poster

oh :saddowns: it would've been cleverer if it was an explosion

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Medenmath posted:

The one detail I do like (other than the art, which is beautiful as always) is the comment that they find the viking house drafty and rough. Years ago I visited a museum that included two model colonial-era villages, one with European settler houses and the other with native wigwam-style houses and staffed by members of a local native nation. The wigwams looked less like modern houses, obviously, but they were much warmer and cozier. If I had to live like it was 1700 for the winter I'd take the native village hands down.

I grew up next to some Pueblo ruins dating back to the 1100s (people living there far longer, that's the earliest structures found) and I agree. A bit claustrophobic, but solidly built and cozy.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Feb 28, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 25-26, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuBeBjqKSGQ

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 25-26, 1990)

I feel this story line in my bones. I was such an non-athletic kid (I had a physical disability) that I overflowed into being a superathlete and I remember klutzing my way through sports during gym class, the bane of my existence.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "376 - Jucika's Shopping"

"377 - Jucika And The Presents"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Had to run out to the dentist this morning, so late comics today.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/11/01

Brenda Starr 7/31 - 8/2/47

Okay, Timber is an rear end in a top hat, but what did Brenda expect him to do, fight two guys with guns?

Smokey Stover 6/4/44

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

:3:

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

The real-life Lupin is having a hard time according to Georgia Dunn’s Instagram :ohdear:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in this choice of song.

Called it!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I’m gonna go with “I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair” from South Pacific, or “You Don’t Own Me.” Estelle’s a classy lady, so I think she’ll go with the classics.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The last thing I want to imagine is Estelle having to wash any of Wilbur's off of her hair

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

No, Toni is right. Children are like pets in that the partner who wants the fewest gets their way. Next time talk this poo poo out before you get married.

You really should change out of your uniforms before dinner.

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005