Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KingSlime posted:

Just got back from my friend's show and I can't play my stupid new monster catching RPG

Atlus you ASSHOLES why are you doing this to me? Fascist fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pretty sure Nocturne came out at midnight, Atlus makes no sense

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, the GTA cheats still work.

Just input the PS2 codes where they'd be on a switch (R1=R, R2=ZR, Triangle=X, Circle=A, etc)

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm on a slightly bumpy train ride and for some reason I started thinking about the absolutely worthless kickstand on the OG Switch and laughed.

I don't post much in this thread but it's still broken me.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The Zelda Game & Watch is up on Target for in store pickup.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-game-and-watch-the-legend-of-zelda/-/A-83757540

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also also, after the initial load time there are no more, even if you're wasted or busted it's like a 0.5 second delay and you're back in action.

Hell yeah today's the day

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Commander Keene posted:

I picked up a Split Pad Pro today at Walmart, let's see if it's as good as everyone raves about. It looks comically oversized on my Switch, none of the pictures I'd seen prepared me for how thick this controller is in comparison to the Switch unit.
it makes the switch look absolutely ridiculous

it owns

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Weedle posted:

whenever you get out of the car it shows claude standing next to the car for a frame before playing the animation of him getting out

I feel the originals did that too sometimes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Oh yeah, the GTA cheats still work.

Just input the PS2 codes where they'd be on a switch (R1=R, R2=ZR, Triangle=X, Circle=A, etc)

Also also, after the initial load time there are no more, even if you're wasted or busted it's like a 0.5 second delay and you're back in action.

Ok that's pretty cool. And loading times sound very good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hammer Bro. posted:

I also stopped using summons almost immediately because of how long the animations took.

Play time with Guardian Force summons: 80 hours

Play time without Guardian Force summons: 15 hours

:newlol:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I feel the originals did that too sometimes.

A lot of the funky glitches are still there. On purpose.

The toy helicopter bomb mission that would bring a PS2 to a grinding halt with the explosion animation still stutters and moves at a snail pace even though the switch has like a trillion times the ram a PS2 did.

It's really neat how they didn't fix some things (GTA's famous physics bugs) and actually dumbed down areas that would be accidentally improved by modernization (the switch and PS5 can obviously process the explosion animations of a 19 year old game) so that the game still FEELS the same.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The toy helicopter bomb mission that would bring a PS2 to a grinding halt with the explosion animation still stutters and moves at a snail pace even though the switch has like a trillion times the ram a PS2 did.

It's really neat how they didn't fix some things (GTA's famous physics bugs) and actually dumbed down areas that would be accidentally improved by modernization (the switch and PS5 can obviously process the explosion animations of a 19 year old game) so that the game still FEELS the same.

Hmm... sounds like some pretty bad emulation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Hmm... sounds like some pretty bad emulation.

did nintendo make it?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah I was having trouble with the telekinesis tutorial because both flame and telekinesis use drag, but even after using all my flame, dragging an item to fling it didn't seem to do anything. I really gotta play this is handheld I think.

But another thing, some attacks are taps, some partner attacks are taps also. You're supposed to alternate between your attacks and your partners... How?

You could also try activating co-op mode (even if you don't have a 2nd person to play with, since it just uses 2 joycons anyways) that way neku is on one joycon and the other joycon is just for partner attacks, that's how I played thru the game with my partner and it was pretty fun

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I really do think I'd enjoy this. I wasn't bothered by the "slowdown" in Link's Awakening because I remember the GB game doing the very same thing at times, and it was always very minimal. It didn't bother me then and it won't now then.

You could make a case on how a remaster or whatever should try to improve on the previous game, but that's not necessarily necessary. Sometimes you want to feel the magic from way back when. I get that.

Thanks for the reports all of you.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally finished the NG+ bonus boss in Blasphemous and with it the NG+ run before SMTV arrived, which I initially dropped until I realized Tiento to her Thorned Hairs is broken af got gud.

Now the question is whether to go beat the final boss for the Penitence reward or leave a otherwise complete savefile for when the last DLC drops in December.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

today’s the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rdAiKUJ6k

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so how does one get a copy of the premium edition of smtv today? is it going to be in site? did i already miss it?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

abelwingnut posted:

so how does one get a copy of the premium edition of smtv today? is it going to be in site? did i already miss it?

I pre-ordered my copy 5 months ago, which is I imagine how most people will be getting them today. Maybe some will come back in stock in random supplies on Amazon, that always seems to happen briefly with these things?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Hell, I'm not even getting the normal physical edition. I really underestimated the German love for weird JRPGs, it seems. Four shops sold out so far, two still on my list.

If this doesn't work out, i guess I will suck it up and buy digital instead

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Unless the Switch version doesn't do this, please for the love of god do no buy the GTA Remasters.
https://twitter.com/JankyNedelko/status/1458945407397081098

Reminder they sued modders over this and denied any ability to buy the orignal versions online.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
A few missions in GTA3 have rain at night and yeah, it's awful. Also, I put 100s of hours into GTA3 back on the PS2 and I don't think I ever beat it. Playing it now and having so many missions be "go to this place and then have cars slam into until you get to a place on the map" shows me why. You can get screwed out of completing a mission because of physics so easily.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Stux posted:

im going to play yhe trilogy, on pc

well, not anymore
https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1459120551449055233

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

tensai posted:

A few missions in GTA3 have rain at night and yeah, it's awful. Also, I put 100s of hours into GTA3 back on the PS2 and I don't think I ever beat it. Playing it now and having so many missions be "go to this place and then have cars slam into until you get to a place on the map" shows me why. You can get screwed out of completing a mission because of physics so easily.

The fact that you can't see where you are going is bad enough, but honestly not even the only problem here, this Tweet makes it much clearer;
https://twitter.com/feminine_abyss/status/1458938995098988548

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1459197522572947461?s=21

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that wont stop me

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

how could i be so foolish !

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Unless the Switch version doesn't do this, please for the love of god do no buy the GTA Remasters.
https://twitter.com/JankyNedelko/status/1458945407397081098

Reminder they sued modders over this and denied any ability to buy the orignal versions online.

We've all played BotW. When it rains just got to wait it out!

The rain is pretty awful though.

I get our whole vibe is doom and gloom and everything is awful, except for the few true ones who're always positive, but are there people tweeting good things about the games?

I don't have twitter so I ask.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fear me, for I am King Nerd!

(The Zelda Game & Watch is actually really adorable! It goes through the entire game every 12 hours starting at 12:01).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I ended up liking Voice of Cards, but not enough to get the other endings. The menu loading/lag got kind of unbearable by the end of the game, hopefully it was only a Switch thing. I wish the game had been harder, but the overall schtick and world were fun.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get our whole vibe is doom and gloom and everything is awful, except for the few true ones who're always positive, but are there people tweeting good things about the games?

Over on resetera some posters like it, but it is getting almost universally dunked on

Weedle
May 31, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

i'm a huge mark for the old gtas and they're just barely acceptable to me. the graphical updates are a mixed bag and the performance is pretty poor. i hope they can improve it with updates. right now i would not recommend it at all unless you're absolutely dying to play gta on the switch like i was. i feel like my standards for these ports are lower than most because i've put tons and tons of time into the mobile ports that everyone complains about and thought they were mostly fine, but this is a pretty sorry showing for a full-priced rerelease of ps2 games. rockstar could and should do a lot better; it's not like they're stretched for resources

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Despite the questionable quality of these games, I'm glad to have them, but yeah...can't recommend them in the current state.

With that said, it kinda blows my mind that in the year of 2021, I'll have played through Doom 3, Quake 2, GTAs, KOTOR, Diablo 2, Ocarina of Time, and Crysis on this little handheld.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

tensai posted:

Despite the questionable quality of these games, I'm glad to have them, but yeah...can't recommend them in the current state.

With that said, it kinda blows my mind that in the year of 2021, I'll have played through Doom 3, Quake 2, GTAs, KOTOR, Diablo 2, Ocarina of Time, and Crysis on this little handheld.

Don't forget crysis 2 and 3! And Metro 1&2!

Now give us the Dead Space trilogy you cowards

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In all likelihood this isn't due to the jank but the legal liability of getting caught including the unlicensed songs in the code with just a tag marking "do not play", and not actually having them removed.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So something weird just happened with my Joycon.

When both are connected to the switch, it thinks the left and right ones are the same (I was in the middle of playing picross when this happened).

When I disconnect the left controller (but leave the right one connected) it picks them both up as separate.

Reconnecting the left one leads to the original problem returning.

I've tried restarting the switch and playing around with the detect controllers but can't seem to fix it.

Anyone have an idea on what I can do?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Found a major setback to using my SNES controller to play FFX. I can't do Lulu's Overdrive! I have no joystick to spin (is it best to Mario Party palm it, or just spin normally?)

Not a catastrophe, but not great.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Mario Party palming should only be used to gain victory over friends and enemies and therefore has no use in a single player game. Didn't you read the factory safety warning?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Kin posted:

So something weird just happened with my Joycon.

When both are connected to the switch, it thinks the left and right ones are the same (I was in the middle of playing picross when this happened).

When I disconnect the left controller (but leave the right one connected) it picks them both up as separate.

Reconnecting the left one leads to the original problem returning.

I've tried restarting the switch and playing around with the detect controllers but can't seem to fix it.

Anyone have an idea on what I can do?

I had that happen a few times, the problem is in the right one, it's not connecting to the switch properly. Blow some duster on the rail connection and do a joycon firmware update and see what that does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
All the fruit pies, jellies, and tarts in Animal Crossing look so good. :(

Gimmie this fuckin' thing!