Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Frankly, I think you're Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

christmas boots posted:

Frankly, I think you're Hitler.

:ssh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Posting around spoilers in the MHA manga thread is basical the 40 trials of Hercules

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mod policies are decided by who complains the most/is the most annoying about it

Either that or Arist has a quirk to change thread rules

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
When the scans come out I'm going to post unmarked spoilers and see how you people like it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Heh heh, little do you know that's my kink quirk

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the thread was already doing fine, why enforce new rules

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Because there's a New Order

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

New Order: Wait until scans drop before redacting all spoilers until Sunday afternoon

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'd rather see scans rather than hearsay, I'm with Arist.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

When the scans come out I'm going to post unmarked spoilers and see how you people like it

Go ahead

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sure thing, here ya go

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/241/my-hero-academia-chapter-333

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This is one of those arcs that will feel better in volume format, I think.

I do like that it further demonstrates All Might has had a significant worldwide impact outside of Japan. As the All Might fucker in this thread I like when they give my boy his flowers

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This big emotional sacrifice would probably hit a lot harder if Star were an actual character in the story rather than someone introduced solely to die a few chapters ago.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rhonne posted:

This big emotional sacrifice would probably hit a lot harder if Star were an actual character in the story rather than someone introduced solely to die a few chapters ago.

Yep

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Rhonne posted:

Much like I expected, this isn't bad it's just not landing as well because it's so rushed. It would've been a fantastic chapter if it was set up at all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

Definitely

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All Might sure has a habit of inspiring people who wind up on their death beds before they have a chance to have a proper on-screen conversation with him. :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

It would also help if this wasn't the 2nd time we've gotten "HE'S ALMOST FINISHED POWERING UP WE GO-nevermind he's delayed again"

It loving blows that the big reveals that "Oh no we're out of time" is just an excuse to draw another big lady getting owned and maimed to set us back to essentially the previous status quo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

All Might sure has a habit of inspiring people who wind up on their death beds before they have a chance to have a proper on-screen conversation with him. :v:

One for All killed previous users on account of their quirks. With All Might not having a quirk, One for All killed people around him instead.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It would also help if this wasn't the 2nd time we've gotten "HE'S ALMOST FINISHED POWERING UP WE GO-nevermind he's delayed again"

It loving blows that the big reveals that "Oh no we're out of time" is just an excuse to draw another big lady getting owned and maimed to set us back to essentially the previous status quo.

It feels like Horikoshi finally figured out that he's built a Madara so now a character that has existed for 15 minutes has to come in and depower him a bit. Having both OFA and AFO just be quirks that do whatever the user can think of is kind of boring because everything ends up feeling like an asspull. Sure is great that his regeneration quirks are so insane Shiggy could swim through the sun.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Boring chapter, leaks were right, not even really worth spoiling.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not sure where this is going now, because this was a series finisher of a move, pretty much what people were predicting if All For One stole One For All, and now like Bakugo recieving One For All it isn't going to happen. So if Shiggy is genuinely depowered to a large extent, where does that leave us for an exciting finale?

A well done chapter, but in the wider story I guess we'll see if this is actually going somewhere.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

It also doesn't help that both AFO and Shiggy became way worse after merging. So now we have 1 mediocre villain instead of 2 fun ones.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
In order to stop the rest of his quirks from being destroyed he needs to get rid of New Order. Get ready for your power up, Spinner!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

christmas boots posted:

In order to stop the rest of his quirks from being destroyed he needs to get rid of New Order. Get ready for your power up, Spinner!

Yeah, I was thinking something like that, All For One forces the quirk onto Spinner and Shigaraki watches on in horror as it tears his friend apart, setting the stage for Deku to eventually get through to him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku is gonna punch a face onto AfO and he's gonna die because he forgot what he looked like

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Deku is gonna punch a face onto AfO and he's gonna die because he forgot what he looked like

One day there was a villain that was so ugly that everyone died, the end.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shinjobi posted:

Sanji in One Piece can basically do this.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

It also doesn't help that both AFO and Shiggy became way worse after merging. So now we have 1 mediocre villain instead of 2 fun ones.

Neither of them were fun tho, so no big loss.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Shigaraki was at his best when he was like "that's how shogi works right" and everyone was like not even a little. Just at his best when he's a nerd.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The real question is how Horikoshi forgot how to write anything that isn't worthless

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Vigilantes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Really like that the townspeople are so relevant to the finale in Vigilantes, even if we don't know how they'll affect this ending yet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This finale is really bringing it. I'm 100% bought in.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even AFO is better in Vigilantes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vigilantes: that page declaring Koichi as the ultimate villain is so loving good, holy poo poo give the type setter a loving raise.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vigilantes spoilers: you ever get so mad at someone that you turn into pure plasma?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Even AFO is better in Vigilantes.

Yeah main series and vigilantes is Goofus and Gallant at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dang that’s a cool sequence in vigilantes.
Every chapter I get more hype for the ending.