Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Quickplay joined to test a deck and had the most insane bug I've seen yet. Apparently I joined in at the same time as someone else, we each took over a bot, and when we both loaded in the game didn't despawn the two bots. We had a total of 6 survivors running around, with 2 Holly's and 2 Hoffman's plus a Doc and a Walker. All the cleaner bonuses were present so ammo was dropping like crazy, and the special spawns went absolutely apeshit, just pouring them out almost nonstop. One of the bots died and the game just loving respawned them up the road. Made it to the saferoom and the game promptly crashed to desktop. What a well put together product lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The body dump makes me want to throw this game into the garbage dump.

Lol how the gently caress do you even beat this on veteran?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Quickplay joined to test a deck and had the most insane bug I've seen yet. Apparently I joined in at the same time as someone else, we each took over a bot, and when we both loaded in the game didn't despawn the two bots. We had a total of 6 survivors running around, with 2 Holly's and 2 Hoffman's plus a Doc and a Walker. All the cleaner bonuses were present so ammo was dropping like crazy, and the special spawns went absolutely apeshit, just pouring them out almost nonstop. One of the bots died and the game just loving respawned them up the road. Made it to the saferoom and the game promptly crashed to desktop. What a well put together product lmao.
I had the same bug on recruit difficulty but it was 3 new players and none of the bots despawned. The mission completion rewards took those bots into account too (x7 survivor) so we got 75 supply points from a mid length mission.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rick_Hunter posted:

I had the same bug on recruit difficulty but it was 3 new players and none of the bots despawned. The mission completion rewards took those bots into account too (x7 survivor) so we got 75 supply points from a mid length mission.

Now I'm just mad I didn't get my dang supply points!!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/TurtleRock/status/1458661427225444352?s=20

I have no idea if this is good or bad.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
good if it works the way they said it did

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

good if it works the way they said it did

Which it won't

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Good in the sense that they're working on it and listening to the bug reports.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

The bug was that on Nightmare normal ridden were hitting for 9 trauma and 1 regular damage so a few zomberinos would delete half your health bar in a few seconds. I imagine it was less trauma on recruit and vet but the damage was still weighted to be trauma primarily.

Funny thing about the temporary health changes is that it doesn't seem like special ridden cause trauma damage while you have temp health but with the above bug there's no way to tell if temp health can still do the same with normal ridden.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Something is also hosed up with Crusher health (and possibly more, people are still researching). Stealth change or new bug? Who knows!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Well I don't think a crusher should be able to survive a 3 shell burst from a TAC at close range straight to the face on Veteran but here we are.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well people have confirmed that:

A) Crusher weak points straight-up aren't working.
B) Nightmare Crushers (at least, people need to methodically test other difficulties) have 20% more hp than pre-patch.

Based on personal experience I'm also extremely suspicious that it's not just Nightmare and that crusher stumble hp got bumped up to match, but it needs proper testing.

e: I forgot another one: the baseball bat got it's stumble modifier halved, not the reduction-by-a-third that's stated in the patch notes.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 11, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Corbeau posted:

e: I forgot another one: the baseball bat got it's stumble modifier halved, not the reduction-by-a-third that's stated in the patch notes.

I'm 99% sure I read that it got it's stumble modifier halved in the patch notes unless they post-hoc changed the patch notes

quote:

Bat movement speed increased to 410 from 400
Bats must do 50% more damage to stumble Ridden

anyways in unrelated news, this game has about 4000 less people playing it than L4D2 which is almost a decade old game lol

going down to 1/5th of the launch playerbase isn't awful, but it's not great. generally expect to see some large falloff after the first few weeks, but i would also say it's not good for a multiplayer game either.

also my feelings on the patch is that this is a going to be a bad taste if THIS is the very first patch they do going forward. Yes, some changes like no longer doing FF to Crusher-held-players is good, but that shouldn't have been a thing to start with. Money Grubbers did need some nerf, yes, Breaker did need some buffs because it was a joke, but it's all going heavy into punting down the player. Another game, Outriders, did similar thing where they just kept squeezing the player into fine dust and eventually no one played it anymore and it was far too late by the time they realized the error of their way. I have a feeling they're trying to wallpaper over the lack of content and lack of upcoming content (besides NEW SPECIALS! Are you excited???) by trying to make it more "challenging".

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 12, 2021

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
50% more is 33% reduced, 100% more would be 50% reduced.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cinara posted:

50% more is 33% reduced, 100% more would be 50% reduced.
ah hell, I'm really bad at math you're right. i just read it as they halved it without thinking about it. apparently turtle rock is equally bad at math, which given some current state of affairs and balance, checks out.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Xaris posted:

ah hell, I'm really bad at math you're right. i just read it as they halved it without thinking about it. apparently turtle rock is equally bad at math, which given some current state of affairs and balance, checks out.

Yup, that just puts you in the same boat as whoever wrote the patch notes. :v:

A dev confirmed on discord that it's supposed to be halved and the patch notes were wrong.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Xaris posted:

anyways in unrelated news, this game has about 4000 less people playing it than L4D2 which is almost a decade old game lol

going down to 1/5th of the launch playerbase isn't awful, but it's not great. generally expect to see some large falloff after the first few weeks, but i would also say it's not good for a multiplayer game either.

Is that for Steam? The Gamepass version of this game is counted as xbox even if you're playing on pc which would lead to an appreciable drop in Steam player counts

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played for a while and now after the latest patch everything feels so weird? Standard ridden seem to hit harder and faster and from a further range? Melee feels weaker somehow now too.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, standard ridden had a bug. Melee isn't quite as good but imo that's actually a good change because one good melee deck would invalidate every single horde. Why yes I do want infinite health and a roadblock.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
The axe specifically feels much worse. The damage and stumble nerf makes it much harder to dunk tallboys, and it was servicable with mean drunk to clear hordes, but Bat/machete still work fine and it doesn't feel worth it to give up that utility. Just pack an aa12 to stumble specials.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is that for Steam? The Gamepass version of this game is counted as xbox even if you're playing on pc which would lead to an appreciable drop in Steam player counts

that shouldn't influence these figures, people who play it on steam actually paid for it and may have a perception of more cost sunk. this number takes the people who play it on steam and detect how many are still doing that.

i would imagine the dropoff of gamepass players would be even more sharp.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

wereboat posted:

The axe specifically feels much worse. The damage and stumble nerf makes it much harder to dunk tallboys, and it was servicable with mean drunk to clear hordes, but Bat/machete still work fine and it doesn't feel worth it to give up that utility. Just pack an aa12 to stumble specials.

Well now i'd think the point is now you can't do both by yourself, whereas before one melee dude could stand in a doorway and outside of getting grabbed, they were invincible.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

Well now i'd think the point is now you can't do both by yourself, whereas before one melee dude could stand in a doorway and outside of getting grabbed, they were invincible.

I was using the card that lets you stab someone when you did the pushback and basically just used that on the horde in the jukebox level. Wonder if that card is worthless now.

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

The body dump makes me want to throw this game into the garbage dump.

Lol how the gently caress do you even beat this on veteran?

Split up and shoot down the nodes at the same time seems to be a good approach.
I mostly watch streams of the game, these guys have a full nightmare playthrough on their youtube if you are looking for strats:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtmBRnEbJ2Tu1zLoEL4L0gLKfVdQsPnR5

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Schnitzler posted:

Split up and shoot down the nodes at the same time seems to be a good approach.

Yeah, I've completed it once on veteran so far, and it seems the best approach is just to speedrun it once you pass under the bridge, and make liberal use of the T5 grenades. If you take your time killing ridden and specials, you'll eventually just get overwhelmed because they'll be spawning faster than you can put them down.

Splitting up seems like a decent idea provided you're careful about being grabbed when you're split up (or pack a few stun guns).

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

dogstile posted:

That's the obvious intent, but all they really did was make the axe worse at it's job and push you harder into Holly. Berserker/adrenaline rush still lets you blender hordes with no effort with a bat/machete and a decent chokepoint.
The real difference now is that's all you contribute because they destroyed melee stumble. You lose a ton of stuff building a melee deck (ads, sprint, various utility stuff) and without the +dmg and +efficiency cards melee as a secondary is pretty lackluster. The tradeoffs and period of relative uselessness feel a lot worse. It's probably(?) good for game balance but it sucks because it was fun to dunk four tallboys as all my friends panicked.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
we were still getting chain stunned last night but now it happens on recruit. also one game we got 18 cards off the start and another one of our teammates suddenly lost their guns and cards in the middle of a run. i don't think whatever changes the patch implemented made the game better tbh.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The game honestly feels broken after this latest patch. Movement feels wonky, attacks (both your own and the enemy) feel really disjointed and floaty. Game feels like it's lagging hard all the time.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just did a rn of act 1, and I feel like every special pack had on of each special in it. Spawn rate seems only slightly less hosed, and now I'm getting a bug where after I reload, I fire off one shot and then it reloads again.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I normally had that reload-shoot bug when I was having connection issues.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've run into my fair share of bugs, but I don't run into anything like you guys do. The worst one I got was ADS just looking into the butt of my gun and I couldn't get rid of it until I got a new gun

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just did a rn of act 1, and I feel like every special pack had on of each special in it. Spawn rate seems only slightly less hosed, and now I'm getting a bug where after I reload, I fire off one shot and then it reloads again.

This isn't new, I've gotten it the whole time. Along with a bug where I'll fire a shot but it won't play the shot sound and deals no damage (but recoils, uses ammo, and alerts zombies). It's particularly fun when you get both happening to you at once, going through multiple reload animations without accomplishing anything at all in between. Especially with a Barrett.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it's some form of client-server miscommunication.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Been playing this on game pass a bit and the only map thing that gets to me is how easy it is to just fall out of maps and die with no real indication instead of ledge grabbing.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Man the last part of act 3 is so much harder than act 4, we beat act 4 blind on vet the first try.

EDIT: Also holy poo poo a boss on the first stage of any act is so dumb, no cards and all white guns just don't do enough damage to kill them.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 15, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So I tried playing Swarm mode but all 7 other players ragequit after the first round

(I would have too if I knew the reward was 29 supply points)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Today's funny thing: with +100% accuracy (which takes 3 cards and costs you ADS - unnecessary when you have +100% accuracy - and 20% stamina efficiency) all of your weapons become perfectly pinpoint accurate. This includes shotguns, which makes all of their pellets hit in the same exact spot. This effectively makes Shotguns exponentially better at the job of being sniper rifles than any of the sniper rifle category weapons are. Enjoy mulching ogres before they can swing at you :thumbsup: It seems to also drastically reduce or eliminate recoil on all of the weapons I tried.

Just be warned that having this much accuracy severely hampers your crowd clearing ability with every gun, so you maybe want a melee weapon.
Make sure to take the other cards that remove ADS (+50% reload speed and +15% damage resistance) while you're at it.
You probably want mods on your shotgun to increase its effective range.
I also liked the glock with this build.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 15, 2021

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Shotguns have always been the best guns :D Gonna have to try this now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

How would it work with an LMG and Meat Grinder, I wonder?

And which three cards are we talking about? Front sight focus, Optics Enthusiast, Quick Kill, Hunker Down all buff accuracy. Is it a matter of pick your favorite?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

Today's funny thing: with +100% accuracy (which takes 3 cards and costs you ADS - unnecessary when you have +100% accuracy - and 20% stamina efficiency) all of your weapons become perfectly pinpoint accurate.
Did you try 100% accuracy with the Hunker Down card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Going over 100% accuracy completely ruins your accuracy, it seems to roll it over, so you need to be at exactly 100%. You have to be careful you don't pick up any attachments that modify accuracy or play Walker with his accuracy buff on kill.