Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Quantum of Phallus posted:

maybe I like making 50 Bing mobile searches, ever think of that HUH???

Microsoft rewards is genuinely the posted about game in this thread. I always thought people were talking about it like it was their job, but i'm beginning to realise that they're in love with those little quests. Capitalism has won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

Why the hell can't I play battlefield 2042 yet, i thought it was released today

The standard edition isn’t out until a week from today, but it’s playable now if you got the Gold or Ultimate editions or via the 10-hour EA Trial. Or if you found a store that sold a disc early.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
This is one of the more commonly requested Xbox 360 games for backward compatibility. Fingers crossed!

https://twitter.com/trueachievement/status/1459136906680229892?s=21

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ZeeBoi posted:

That is an interesting wrinkle if season determines if a certain challenge is affected. Huh.

The challenges, seasonal achievements whatever, all seem way too picky. I guess I don't know what a "truck" is. Some of them are ridiculously hard without really warning you until you've already driven across the country and entered the championship. Like your opponents beating your lap time on a shorter rally circuit by ~10 seconds hard. Lots of time wasted in this dept. but ultimately, I'm still having a blast with all the wasted driving.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

enojy posted:

The challenges, seasonal achievements whatever, all seem way too picky. I guess I don't know what a "truck" is. Some of them are ridiculously hard without really warning you until you've already driven across the country and entered the championship. Like your opponents beating your lap time on a shorter rally circuit by ~10 seconds hard. Lots of time wasted in this dept. but ultimately, I'm still having a blast with all the wasted driving.

The seasonal challenges are usually quite hard. For the championships the difficulty is locked to Highly Skilled and some of the speed-zones can be quite tricky. This season you have the "Raining sideways" classic muscle championship that is really hard to beat. It doesn't help that the AI in FH5 get more "boosts" than they did in 4. Sometimes restarting the race will make the AI easier to beat, it can be really frustrating.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's not time wasted if you're having fun op

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dicey dungeons is much more addictive than I thought it would be I can’t stop

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zerot posted:

This is one of the more commonly requested Xbox 360 games for backward compatibility. Fingers crossed!

OH gently caress YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crafty posted:

Microsoft rewards is genuinely the posted about game in this thread. I always thought people were talking about it like it was their job, but i'm beginning to realise that they're in love with those little quests. Capitalism has won.

I got into the quests for about three days when i got my Xbox and then i did some quick back of the hand math and realized the only reason to pursue them would be if my free time was infinite and had no worth.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

MP3 without the insanely long load times would be amazing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zerot posted:

I'm most surprised by the fact that Max Payne 3 isn't outright banned in Saudi Arabia, I think all the GTA games are.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It seriously is. I've got several hours of play on it already.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Dicey dungeons rules, I bought it the day it came out on PC and I'm really happy that it's on gamepass - it's essentially a miniaturized version of all the deck based roguelikes that have come out in the past few years.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
I would like to buy a Series X now that it's been out for a year

what a fool I am

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dicey Dungeons is appropriately bite sized and short runs.

God I wish Max Payne 3 could have fixed loading for next gen.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Robot dice is real tough for me for some reason. I won the first 'episode' with each of the others (final die is still locked) quite easily but I am 0/4 with the robot

e: 1/5 i got gud

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 12, 2021

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Barudak posted:

God I wish Max Payne 3 could have fixed loading for next gen.

I seem to recall that on PC even on a spinny drive the prerendered cutscenes masked pretty much all the loading. It just kept going non-stop.

e: until you died and had to reload anyway

Zat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 12, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played it on PS3 recently and it has maybe the worst load times of any game that gen, it's unbelievable.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I would like to buy a Series X now that it's been out for a year

what a fool I am

Maybe follow this dude? https://twitter.com/mattswider

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zat posted:

I seem to recall that on PC even on a spinny drive the prerendered cutscenes masked pretty much all the loading. It just kept going non-stop.

e: until you died and had to reload anyway

They don't, at all. The loading lengths are hardcoded, so regardless of how long they actually take to load it will say "loading" and not let you skip the cutscene until the designated time. Theres a mod for PC that lets you skip cutscenes due to this, but there were some spots where you absolutely have to watch parts of the cutscene because the game does a hard crash if you don't let it do its thing in some parts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

They don't, at all. The loading lengths are hardcoded, so regardless of how long they actually take to load it will say "loading" and not let you skip the cutscene until the designated time.

classic Rockstar

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Barudak posted:

They don't, at all. The loading lengths are hardcoded, so regardless of how long they actually take to load it will say "loading" and not let you skip the cutscene until the designated time. Theres a mod for PC that lets you skip cutscenes due to this, but there were some spots where you absolutely have to watch parts of the cutscene because the game does a hard crash if you don't let it do its thing in some parts

Oh, right. That sucked.

But the loading still mostly took place during cutscenes instead of requiring static loading screens, which I appreciated at the time. Although before long the obnoxiousness of the cutscenes (with the wild text effects and stuff) started to annoy me.

Anyway it's the worst Max Payne, so I don't really want to replay it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://imgur.com/MFfP1Fr

Yeah battlefield is still broken.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1459209322919915530

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kri kri posted:

Waiting for something epic to happen on Nov 15, like Halo MP dropping early

https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/1459206129070874632

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

On a Monday?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

It's the 20th anniversary of the first Xbox launch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just lol at the presumably high end and high quality luggage with "XBOX" real big across the side

The Xbox looks cool with that pattern, though. I've really come around on the series X design. PS5 still looks ridiculous.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It Takes Two (On Gamepass!) is the perfect couch coop game with your partner. Not frustrating like Overcooked. Haven’t yelled “Get out of my loving way, the soup is on fire!” once.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The GTA remake is a turd. Thanks Game Pass for saving a lot of people from considering buying the trilogy.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
the PS5 looks like a dildo re-charging station

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

John F Bennett posted:

There's this chrome extension that does the searches for you.

Link?

There's no downside to using it right?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TjyvTompa posted:

the PS5 looks like a dildo re-charging station

it has multiple usb ports that you can configure to actively provide power when the console is asleep

you could charge any number of dongles on your console, including

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seltzer posted:

The GTA remake is a turd. Thanks Game Pass for saving a lot of people from considering buying the trilogy.
I think I'm done with it until it gets patched, if some of its broken poo poo can even be fixed with patches.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cloks posted:

it has multiple usb ports that you can configure to actively provide power when the console is asleep

you could charge any number of dongles on your console, including

PS5 Trophy: Gaped

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Rageaholic posted:

I think I'm done with it until it gets patched, if some of its broken poo poo can even be fixed with patches.

Some of my favorite moments from my 15 minutes of playing was seeing parts of door textures hanging around in mid air as Carl pushes it open.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Sounds like this is happening. More and more insiders are mentioning it.

https://twitter.com/natethehate2/status/1459241895335534594?s=21

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Zerot posted:

Sounds like this is happening. More and more insiders are mentioning it.

https://twitter.com/natethehate2/status/1459241895335534594?s=21

It actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. The campaign is the part that’s coming in hot - the multiplayer has been incredibly solid across the flights they’ve done.

Stealth dropping it at the anniversary event, gated behind GP for the EA period would blow up the internet and I bet push a ton of $1 game pass subs. You also effectively get two “launch” PR windows with the single player launch coming a few weeks later.

All while Sony basically has nothing in Holiday.

Edit: I could also see them doing a $50 “upgrade” for early access like they did with Forza. That clearly did very well for them.

Double edit: lol they’re really doing it. And I’m out of town early next week goddamit:

https://twitter.com/evilboris/status/1459260796870004738?s=21

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 12, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:bisonyes:

The multiplayer insider previews were really fun. Can't wait to play the final product!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where are the good gta remaster disaster posts at