Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

tractor man posted:

I just buy my bacon at the store, seems easier

can we ban someone from just one thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

All are welcome here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

All are welcome here

apologies, i'm getting a little worked up here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Man I just had this crazy theory

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What if poo poo is made out of crap??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

tractor man posted:

Do you disagree that its easier to buy bacon?

Tractor Man, you are missing the point. It's about taking some time to :airquote:smell the coffee:airquote:. To live a life with verve and abandon.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What’s your cure and what are you smoking it over?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

You dummy that can't be true.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*waiting as a dot matrix Epson from 1994 furiously streams out some sheets*
Pffffff well we got some new data coming in here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

going down the rabbit hole

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Literally A Person posted:

Tractor Man, you are missing the point. It's about taking some time to :airquote:smell the coffee:airquote:. To live a life with verve and abandon.

Smell my rear end !!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

tractor man posted:

Smell my rear end !!

...I

Uh....

No. No I won't be doing that.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big If True

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
But if you are trying to get your first cool probation you just lete know and I'll hook you up.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

I think poo poo is always crap but crap isnt always poo poo

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Literally A Person posted:

But if you are trying to get your first cool probation you just lete know and I'll hook you up.

Im sorry

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tractor man if you have a bagger setup my leaves are multiplying and I could use some help

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Don't apologize! Probations in GBS are like a badge of honor. Having a blank rap sheet is suspect.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Tractor man if you have a bagger setup my leaves are multiplying and I could use some help

Nah but just rake your leaves evenly over the lawn and run them over with the lawnmower, great fertilizer for the grass

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Blank rap sheets are like crack to LAP. He looks at em all crazy-eyed and laughing maniacally just waiting for an excuse to PUSH THAT BUTTON

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Blank rap sheets are like crack to LAP. He looks at em all crazy-eyed and laughing maniacally just waiting for an excuse to PUSH THAT BUTTON

It's sad how true this is.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am unemployed.
As such, I have time to observe my neighbor, an older man than I that very much cares for his yard.

It is fall in Wisconsin.
We both have pretty large lots.

Pretty big.

There was a period of time last week, where, and I'm not making GBS threads you, this dude was out there with a gas powered back pack leaf blower on his multi-acre lot blowing leafs from one side to the other one day to the other, every day of the week. More than 12 hours a day.

I've done pretty much nothing but let the wind blow and still have less leaves than him, but if you want an example of "I need work to do" it'd be this dude and I feel for him.

That's my leaf story for this year.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Is you neighbour named sisyphus by any chance?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
that two stroke motor on his leaf blower emits more greenhouse gasses in a single day's use than your car does all year.

two stroke engines are loving dirrrrrrrty.

also another post for the thread.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sucks living next to an ent I guess

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
page is so nice i'm postin twice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sucks living next to an ent I guess

the entwives have fled so he has nothing else to do.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I posted about this in the Suburban Dad thread but this is part my back yard right now. My entire yard was cleared yesterday so this is just from last night and today. This picture is maybe a sixth of my entire area so multiply accordingly.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I posted about this in the Suburban Dad thread but this is part my back yard right now. My entire yard was cleared yesterday so this is just from last night and today. This picture is maybe a sixth of my entire area so multiply accordingly.

Whats in the shed?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
need a kid and a rake and a big doggo to jump in the pile once the kid is done raking them up.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zil posted:

Whats in the shed?

Mostly mice and spiders. There was a groundhog living underneath it for a while but he might’ve gotten got by a coyote, I haven’t seen him in a while.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Zil posted:

Whats in the shed?

We don't ask what is in the shed

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

drat brother i wish i had your problems

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ok nm its john galt in there

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The project for next year is to extend the fence all the way up to the shed and maybe clean it out and patch up the holes so it can be used as storage/workshop/tuggin hut.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

The project for next year is to extend the fence all the way up to the shed and maybe clean it out and patch up the holes so it can be used as storage/workshop.

Extended the fence around my yard thats smaller than yours couple a years ago and it took three people an entire weekend, godspeed

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

tractor man posted:

Extended the fence around my yard thats smaller than yours couple a years ago and it took three people an entire weekend, godspeed

Thanks. This is the second expansion we’ll be doing and I did the initial build and first expansion myself. I’m done with that poo poo and having some buds help in the spring. It’ll give the mutts and kiddo lots of room to run around in. Gonna put a double-wide gate at the back too for equipment access.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

tractor man posted:

Is you neighbour named sisyphus by any chance?

Should have called him Shop-Vac-ic-cus, since that's essentially what it sounds like.

I dunno if the dude is OCD, or is quite literally married to Peg Bundy and needs to get out, I dunno. He's... quite the character. I should write up more about him, maybe.
Aside from the leaf blowing, we both have long driveways.

Given that this is Wisconsin, in winter, his, is practically "ha-ha" breath and hand defrosted.
He mows his yard, daily, starting at about 6:30 and this continues until after the sun goes down BARRING there being a Packer game being on.
If there is a Brewer game being broadcast, he has a stereo speaker system in his garage that he can listen to, and grills to - occasionally.

He's sort of my spirit animal except for his bizarre addictions to his lawn/driveway/leafs. Like I get 'old weird dude paying attention to this stuff' but he's rocking it 12+ hours a day at ALL seasons, it's freakish. More than a full time job.

And the thing is, he's not doing a SUPER great job at it. I mean, it looks good. But it's not like a lawn care professional is out there doing it.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 12, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That’s my big cat, hector molina.